Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

Just now, racinfarmer said:

LMAO.

Never misses.

You're funny.

Never has. Always let them idle down. Pretty much never move them till over 75. 77 is when my light shuts off, even the Catalyst. 

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Wow? Let them idle down, while taking off your helmet. 30 seconds. Why would you try to move it before the temp light says go? Btw. Have used reverse before light shut off and it worked. Not below zero temps, but? 

And when you hole out on an approach and suddenly depart ways with your sled?

• Like 1

That's on you. Over riding! I know you don't race.

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

That's on you. Over riding! I know you don't race.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

My one depart last year, sled started up with no backfire. Sat for 5 minutes. 

16 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Care to share? Greg likes turtles. 

Turtle pies from baskin Robbin’s were the best. Btw I don’t warranty shit I brake unless it is an actual warranty issue. Dealer actually called yesterday because they have a customer with issues with his sled that is one serial number away from mine to see if I had seen the same. I haven’t and we have serious feed back as they have known me for years and they know my feed back is true. 

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Never has. Always let them idle down. Pretty much never move them till over 75. 77 is when my light shuts off, even the Catalyst. 

None of the Procross sleds we've had with ES have had a flawless starter.  Every one of them has got sticky and not thrown out.

Even the ole rental F5 Barney sled liked to eat those stupid cables that would run between the starter motor and the pinion drive.  Those cables were like $225 back in the day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I let mine warm up until the warning is off, ride 1/2 a mile on low snow and let her eat tator chip. 

None of the Procross sleds we've had with ES have had a flawless starter.  Every one of them has got sticky and not thrown out.

Even the ole rental F5 Barney sled liked to eat those stupid cables that would run between the starter motor and the pinion drive.  Those cables were like $225 back in the day.

Keep the battery fully charged and it is a non issue. Pro Cross? 15, 18, 20 and 22. Never had an issue with a fully charged battery. Maintainers are wonderful.

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

I let mine warm up until the warning is off, ride 1/2 a mile on low snow and let her eat tator chip. 

Nervous? I dont know who the fuck you are. I just hate people like you because you end up costing me more money. Insurance, plain lack of common sense, etc.

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Keep the battery fully charged and it is a non issue. Pro Cross? 15, 18, 20 and 22. Never had an issue with a fully charged battery. Maintainers are wonderful.

3 15's, a pair of 16's, and a lone 18 with ES and all of them stuck the starter, even kept on a maintainer.

And one of the Vipers did the infamous backfire and gernaded the whole starting drivetrain.  

The Ski-Doo in the shop?  Starts every time.

Edited by racinfarmer

3 15's, a pair of 16's, and a lone 18 with ES and all of them stuck the starter, even kept on a maintainer.

And one of the Vipers did the infamous backfire and gernaded the whole starting drivetrain.  

The Viper/ 7000 was a known issue, and was not an update made available?. Have never had a starter issue. Lucky? Maybe it is that I keep them clean.

35 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

The Viper/ 7000 was a known issue, and was not an update made available?. Have never had a starter issue. Lucky? Maybe it is that I keep them clean.

The procross e start was trash. Mine would hang and give a fathom code. My skidoo buddies fixed it with “starter lube” skidoo sells. I kept pulling the rope. Don’t even get me started on the 7000. I owned 2 of them 

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

No. It is the rider who clearly abuses the sled above any and all. I hope your dealer tells you to fuck right off!

His Polaris doesn't have that problem which means it isn't the rider/owner.  That is unless you have to baby Cats or they die.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The procross e start was trash. Mine would hang and give a fathom code. My skidoo buddies fixed it with “starter lube” skidoo sells. I kept pulling the rope. Don’t even get me started on the 7000. I owned 2 of them 

Again. No issues on my 15, 18, 20 and 22. All still in the close circuit. Guess I am better at maintenance than most.

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Again. No issues on my 15, 18, 20 and 22. All still in the close circuit. Guess I am better at maintenance than most.

You need to pick up the pace a bit more often to generate belt, brake, and clutch dust.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

His Polaris doesn't have that problem which means it isn't the rider/owner.  That is unless you have to baby Cats or they die.

My dad said the my catalyst jars the shit out of you over 40 and is squirrely. The Polaris is a lot better 

11 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

My older rr sleds never had e start so it was never an issue. My rr with estart never ran long enough to put miles on it. Blown engines, stator going out, over heating, fantom codes from the e start, cat can’t get service parts but does an eb build before mine was fixed, the list goes on. My 2014 was the best procross I owned 

8 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Trades every two years, puts 600 miles a year at 30mph max, and never had issues.

You should be a durability tester for Cat.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Not greg b said:

My dad said the my catalyst jars the shit out of you over 40 and is squirrely. The Polaris is a lot better 

Ever thought of revalving, or are you really this stupid?

58 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I have no miles on my Catalyst but I will criticize anyone that does have miles because I am much gooder then them at being smart. 

My goat said the check is late for your kids, better get it sent in uncledaddy

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I'm just here for the ads at the bottom of the page.

about every 25 posts something comes up actually related to the Catalyst or snowmobiles worth reading.. But its entertaining at times. Jimbo just keeps spewing incorrect information and gets hammered.. 

O wait maybe you mean the babes in swimsuits? vegas photos?  :koo-koo:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

about every 25 posts something comes up actually related to the Catalyst or snowmobiles worth reading.. But its entertaining at times. Jimbo just keeps spewing incorrect information and gets hammered.. 

O wait maybe you mean the babes in swimsuits? vegas photos?  :koo-koo:

you need to understand this is the GDF

there's good information, knowledgeable posters who actually DO know their shit and quite a bit of shit slinging.  it's the fun posse... unless you're a belligerent putz who doesn't know his asshole from a manual typewriter.

Option B.... the safe zone 

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/forum/39-arctic-cat/

• Haha 1