Check your account email address ×

How do I live off the government?

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I made a decision in my 20’s that I didn’t want to beat the shit out of my body working the trade I was in. I saw guys in their “50’s with fucked up bodies and arthritis. I went a different direction. 

Says the guy who got a hip replaced in his 50's.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Says the guy who got a hip replaced in his 50's.

That was due to a motorcross crash in my teens. It was expected. I was 60. It’s absolutely perfect now. Feel like I’m 30 again. 

Edited by spin_dry

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I made a decision in my 20’s that I didn’t want to beat the shit out of my body working the trade I was in. I saw guys in their “50’s with fucked up bodies and arthritis. I went a different direction. 

If our SS system was historically managed right (including fraud) we could provide earlier retirement for people that worked in certain fields.  I agree that many jobs are incredibly hard on the body.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

It be tough in NH but with everything paid for I could manage it myself with the family no way.

Depends on your lifestyle and remaining debt. 

2 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Thats what my 35 year old Neighbor did. Fucking Guy is on State disability for a "knee injury" as a CO.  Got 100k settlement plus his pension. I see Him working 10+ hours a day on his personal shit, climbing on ladders, throwing himself around under vehicles, lifting heavy shit you name it. Guy is a fucking POS. 

Saw his Wife one day at the Mall recently pull up and park in handicap spot and he wasnt even with her. She's a scammer too. Welcome to America. 

In today's world especially the last  1-1/2 years that 100K is really not a lot of money.  Retail price that's about 5 snowmobiles.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
59 minutes ago, Doug said:

In today's world especially the last  1-1/2 years that 100K is really not a lot of money.  Retail price that's about 5 snowmobiles.

True. He blew most of it already on a truck  :lol:

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

I suppose $4k could work. I wouldn’t want to live on that though. 

What?!? Thats good money when your overhead is just a van! 

• USA Contributing Member
6 hours ago, f7ben said:

I’m assuming you’re retarded if this is the type of shit rattling around in your head so maybe apply for disability or something. Fucking moron 

Great, the site biggest bipolar member has to ruin my thread.  Take your meds and figure out what I'm asking idiot.  I'm not looking for disability or under the table shit so I can get food stamps.

Most here have figured out what I'm asking.... how are people not in the workforce living?  I'm doing 40+ hours a week and there are times I'm living paycheck to paycheck while people are sleeping in and eating takeout.  I know one guy that had a shit ton of cash saved up and moved to Brazil at 55, how are all the ones that left during covid able to not have to come back?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Disability is based on how much you’ve paid in to the social security system. Anyone can go on the SS website and find out how much they’d get paid on disability 

It’s usually non taxed. (Disability)

3 hours ago, hayward said:

you're acting like this doesn't happen on a daily basis?

kill yerselve allredy.:suicide:

Explain to me how someone gets a middle class income off the government tit you stupid motherfucker? That’s a right wing nut  job aberration , it doesn’t happen. Welfare , disability and any other assistance means your fucking poor. Now you seriously kill yourself you stupid fuck , you and the op are too dumb to breath 

Edited by f7ben

1 hour ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Great, the site biggest bipolar member has to ruin my thread.  Take your meds and figure out what I'm asking idiot.  I'm not looking for disability or under the table shit so I can get food stamps.

Most here have figured out what I'm asking.... how are people not in the workforce living?  I'm doing 40+ hours a week and there are times I'm living paycheck to paycheck while people are sleeping in and eating takeout.  I know one guy that had a shit ton of cash saved up and moved to Brazil at 55, how are all the ones that left during covid able to not have to come back?

It’s magic 

10 minutes ago, Doomxz600 said:

I think it's a jeopardy question.

I'll take "what is a college educated liberal" for a $100 Pat, Oh look the daily double !

You mean Ken or Mayim.

Pat is wheel of Fortune.

:lol: