Check your account email address ×

Dealership Quotes $30,000 to Replace Battery in a $10,000 Chevrolet Volt

So $3100/ year to own an electric vehicle that none of the pro ev cheerleaders on here talk about.....

Using my 2014 Corolla for work, errands, and other dd stuff costs me about $30/$40 week here depending on gas prices.

I'm pretty sure at 10 years the Corolla won't need a new engine.

All my vehicles have been 15-22 years old before I got rid of them.

Guess ev is not what the cheerleaders believe and not right for me.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

EV's will be changing so dramatically over the next decade the tech will become old fast and parts will be extremely expensive for the vehicles made at lower volume early on.  Like this big auto will rely on aftermarket to handle the parts no longer in production and they will rape you.   To quote Sir Richard's brother..."choose wisely."   

54 minutes ago, irv said:

And some people still think global warming, EV's, solar panels and all of it are about the environment and not about money. :news:

It was never about the environment. They've finally got the younger generations brainwashed, so it's here to stay.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

EV's will be changing so dramatically over the next decade the tech will become old fast and parts will be extremely expensive for the vehicles made at lower volume early on.  Like this big auto will rely on aftermarket to handle the parts no longer in production and they will rape you.   To quote Sir Richard's brother..."choose wisely."   

Yup 

12 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

It was never about the environment. They've finally got the younger generations brainwashed, so it's here to stay.

And many adults too by the looks of things. 

Funny, isn't it, as the saying goes, "Those who choose to ignore history are condemned to repeat it" holds true today. Is it any wonder why the Liberal/Democratic govt's are trying to implement censorship and are trying their hardest to remove or change history from the books and education system. 

Goebbels is looking down on us and laughing. 

goebbels.png

10 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Haven’t seen anything yet.  This new Covid generation is going to be really fucked up.  I don’t care what it is, if it comes across a screen it is straight up propaganda.  Every commercial, movie, tv show.  Wife got a advertisement from some store the other day.  250 pound women in stretch pants and men applying makeup.  My grandkids watch these videos that are supposed to be fun little cartoons.  Nothing but grooming propaganda .  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, irv said:

Funny, isn't it, as the saying goes, "Those who choose to ignore history are condemned to repeat it" holds true today. Is it any wonder why the Liberal/Democratic govt's are trying to implement censorship and are trying their hardest to remove or change history from the books and education system. 

goebbels.png

Irv both sides do it though. You're part of the bigger problem, you only care about one side.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, irv said:

goebbels.png

The American expert….oh wait a trump troll?

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Of course not. I have no need for women with dicks or men with pussies.

A 6L80 from GM is just under $4k though

My Mother In-Law just got a quote for her Lexus, $7,000 for transmission replacement :lol:

She bought a new car instead. 

• Gold Member

That quote is from a battery that has been discontinued.  The Battery and part number that relaxes the discontinued model is much cheaper.

that quote is a dealer just being a dealer and doing what they are designed to do….  Fuck over people

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

It’s amazing how retards are so easily duped on the internet.

Here is what Gm charges for a volt battery pack for 2011-2014 models.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-battery-assembly-20979876

EC042514-F392-48BB-AFEF-A8B21F182003.png

yeah we already went over this situation in another thread.