Check your account email address ×

Californians Told Not to Charge Electric Cars Days After Gas Car Sales Ban

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

His inlaws donated to DeSantis.:lol:

I had to look that up. You weren't kidding.

Going to be an awkward Thanksgiving me guessing. :lol:

7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

California will always rule. They have that 45 mile port. Without it america ceases to be america. 

Well we will see how effective that port is come jan 1st when the CA truck laws come in to full effect.  Right now over 40% of the trucks entering CA won't be legal or allowed in 

And 60% of the trucks currently operating in CA right now will be iligal and no renewals will be issued for them .

CA deserves everything they have coming at them .

Zero fucking sympathy they did it to them self took a once great state and destroyed it in less than 1 generation .

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

EV's first but the move to mass transit will be next. 

I'd like to see some high speed rail here hubbing from strategically placed points on the map... where you load your car onto the train and go from a to b and have your car at your final destination.  That would help with range anxiety and keep ev owners from clogging up charging stations in the middle of bumfuck nowhere.

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'd like to see some high speed rail here hubbing from strategically placed points on the map... where you load your car onto the train and go from a to b and have your car at your final destination.  That would help with range anxiety and keep ev owners from clogging up charging stations in the middle of bumfuck nowhere.

You honestly think that’s a value added solution to getting rid of ICE powered vehicles and/or making EV more sustainable. :flush:

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

:lmao:  No offense but that might be one of the most ridiculous idea's I've heard of. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

You honestly think that’s a value added solution to getting rid of ICE powered vehicles and/or making EV more sustainable. :flush:

No 

I just like trains :)

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

:lmao:

and ships, big fucking ships

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

What would have made more sense build new nuclear power plant or high speed rail project to no where that eventually got axed anyways?

we haven't built a nuke plant in this country since... 

but if these people want to go all in on EVs we're going to need to produce a lot of juice and get it to the people in an updated grid.  

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

but if these people want to go all in on EVs we're going to need to produce a lot of juice and get it to the people in an updated grid.  

I spent a lot of time working on electrical generation in California and I always felt like there were no adults in the room when decisions were made. California was in trouble generation wise 20 years ago and today it is even worse. They import power from neighbor states so they can pretend they are some kind of green haven. Wind generation that sits idle but makes people feel good as they sit in traffic on the highway. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The left leaning pols at all levels in Cali have made it impossible to build a house let alone a power plant of any kind. Add to that the closing of the plants they have and you get to where they are now. Silicon valley is moving to Austin piece by piece so it is just a matter of time before the house of cards falls. Loved going to Cali every year but now I won't go as it would break my heart to see what they have done to the place .

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

No 

I just like trains :)

and ships, big fucking ships

Dude there are literally multiple options that would be more sensible than that.   Come on man.  

giphy (6).gif

13 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

His inlaws donated to DeSantis.:lol:

9 hours ago, irv said:

I had to look that up. You weren't kidding.

Going to be an awkward Thanksgiving me guessing. :lol:

That's awesome, apparently his own family knows how much of a massive douche he is. :lmao:

• Like 1