Check your account email address ×

****Official Pet Photo Thread****

ckf

20 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Dog getting a bit more comfortable?? 

Way better. We don't even put her on a leash when outside at the house anymore. The first time I tried her off leash at the house, she bolted to the front of the house while I was way in the backyard. She just ran to the front deck and sat infront of the door. 

She still doesn't trust me enough to listen most of the time but listens well to the girlfriend which is nice. 

But she no longer runs away or anything. If she runs it is to the front door which on one hand is nice because it is way better than running away but it would be nice if she listened to me and didn't run at all lol.

She has gained a lot more independence at the dog park when the other half takes her in the morning. Before she would never leave your side. Now she wanders off and does her own thing which very good.

Still doesn't give a fuck about toys. I wish she would fetch but I doubt that will happen. We even bought a ball that we put her favorite treats in and still won't touch it lol.

20171213_201158.jpg

1517533443573343649548.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Way better. We don't even put her on a leash when outside at the house anymore. The first time I tried her off leash at the house, she bolted to the front of the house while I was way in the backyard. She just ran to the front deck and sat infront of the door. 

She still doesn't trust me enough to listen most of the time but listens well to the girlfriend which is nice. 

But she no longer runs away or anything. If she runs it is to the front door which on one hand is nice because it is way better than running away but it would be nice if she listened to me and didn't run at all lol.

She has gained a lot more independence at the dog park when the other half takes her in the morning. Before she would never leave your side. Now she wanders off and does her own thing which very good.

Still doesn't give a fuck about toys. I wish she would fetch but I doubt that will happen. We even bought a ball that we put her favorite treats in and still won't touch it lol.

20171213_201158.jpg

:bc:

Good for her...and good for you!

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

20171213_201158.jpg

Excellent!! When I got my dog, didn't listen at all, I picked up one of those clickers at a pet store..like $5..pocket full of treats..took a few hours here and there over a week or so..but that fucker hears that click,. 100mph right to my side no matter what..Maybe give that a try..

1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

20171213_201158.jpg

Our pound puppy could care less about toys too.  

12 hours ago, Tomas. said:

20171213_201158.jpg

It takes a little time. When I brought my rescue home he was shy around everyone. Would not get in the truck ( probably fear of going back to pound ) Within 3 months he became everyones buddy, Never fetched , now will chase anything thrown to him. Was weary of the cats , now comes back in to get a cat to go out with him.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

haven't owned anything other, and never will :bc:

We're still on our first one, she will be 11 yrs. old this June and she's been an absolute sweetheart. She's doing great now but my wife and I mention once in awhile when the day comes that every pet owner dreads, she's gonna be a hard one to say goodbye to. We would certainly get another without question. :bc:

7 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

We're still on our first one, she will be 11 yrs. old this June and she's been an absolute sweetheart. She's doing great now but my wife and I mention once in awhile when the day comes that every pet owner dreads, she's gonna be a hard one to say goodbye to. We would certainly get another without question. :bc:

yeah we lost our second samy a little over a year ago. he was 12. 

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

beautiful. we never owned a female. did you get her as a puppy? there isn't anything much cuter than a sammy pup. 

I'd like to consider a male for the next one and yes we got her when she was a pup. Sammy pups are cuteness overload for sure, when we went to the breeder back in 2007 to pick her out the breeder had all the pups there, it was like a bunch of oversized cotton balls running around. :lol: