Check your account email address ×

Classic car price crash.

11 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I don't get it, are the young millionaires into the old muscle cars?  I just need the price of used 911s to come down, they're friggin ridiculous now

i look off and on i really want a 997.2 4S but the value pre covid were 996 turbos but no longer.  

this is the dream 997, 2012 GTS in paint to sample riviera blue

a771240e6ac9151296ffce7f9077d9b314b47c7c

• Like 4

• Gold Member
Just now, ACE said:

Muscle care were loved because the cars that replaced them sucked. 

But new cars are so much better in every way 

Totally .

I would have loved to own some 60-70s muscle cars.But bu the time I was in HS all the boomers started driving prices thru the roof. Should of got one back then. 

But yeah reality is $40k for a clean Chevelle or $40k for a newer 5.0 Stang or SS Camaro no comparison on performance . 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, ACE said:

Muscle care were loved because the cars that replaced them sucked. 

But new cars are so much better in every way 

They don't look better imo.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
Just now, Steve753 said:

They don't look better imo.

Can say the same about Sleds . I think it comes down to what you remember as a kid that first time you fell in love with the looks of something. 

• Like 2

Have couple buddies that bring 4-6 trucks to Barrett Jackson Scottsdale and make some decent money yet.

old c-10’s and broncos mostly.

they also do mecum couple times.

Used to do muscle cars but prices to even get into complete junk is crazy!!

• Like 1

• Gold Member

I will own a modern muscle car in the near future but will never part ways with my first car.  Nothing turns heads like my baby.  She runs good to but there is no comparison to the new iron.  Turn up the volume!!!!

montewithshoes.thumb.jpg.a25654752b2db8d006a25b8e46baf201.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

You can't have a sustained 40-50-60%+ jump in lux/sports car prices and expect it to be sustained long term.

Can't ask 50%-100%+ over MSRP on new cars and expect your customers to keep coming back either.

They don't just set those prices over sticker for no reason.  It's because demand is high and supply is low and people are lining up to pay those prices over sticker.  If things change with demand, prices will too.  The prices are just a reaction the market, not the other way around.

What is also happening is old guys are too old to work on these cars anymore and younger guys don’t have a clue.  If you can’t at least maintain an old car and need to rely on a shop it is not going to be a pleasant experience.  I see it every day after these guys take their cars to these “hot rod” shops.  Cobbled up mess . Paid a fortune to have their car butchered. Sours people on the hobby real fast. Most people want something they put gas in, period.  

51 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i look off and on i really want a 997.2 4S but the value pre covid were 996 turbos but no longer.  

this is the dream 997, 2012 GTS in paint to sample riviera blue

a771240e6ac9151296ffce7f9077d9b314b47c7c

Stuuuuuupid money!

2 hours ago, EvilBird said:

There are a bunch around here. Most are stock though. 

When I sold my 2000 Trans Am few years back I looked at a couple and almost pulled the trigger. My problem is for $20k I can get into a C5 or C6 Vette which I think I would like better in the long run. 

Yup, I've also been looking at c5 c6 ZO6's

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

That's a beauty!

It's a fun car to cruise around in. I put Nitto 555 G2's on it and it sticks now instead of squirting out like before with the original 20 year old tires. 15K mile car

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

It's a fun car to cruise around in. I put Nitto 555 G2's on it and it sticks now instead of squirting out like before with the original 20 year old tires. 15K mile car

Ya thats my problem now.  If you look at that video my car has the 15" centerlines on it.  I replaced them with the 18" rims in the picture and now she doesn't burn em like she used to.  That and I overhauled the back brakes.  LOL