Check your account email address ×

Classic car price crash.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I've been looking to get a car for some auto cross, drag racing, and just something fun. Ive been finding prices are fairly reasonable, I'm not looking for a classic or anything like that though

Well your in luck then because muscle car prices are crashing!!! Everyone is moving to cars with sound affects now  

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Well your in luck then because muscle car prices are crashing!!! Everyone is moving to cars with sound affects now  

Might go look at this over the weekend..

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1088486975093854/

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yup!  I saw a local expert on the news. Everyone is rushing to his shop to have their motors pulled out of their classic and replaced with a battery. :lol:

The media is so fucked up they couldn’t give 1hr of coverage to the 1.5 million people gathering on Woodward to celebrate the combustion engine.  They even turned that into a hour long electric car infomercial. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nice ride!

Thanks, he's lying about the HP though, it's more around 425 not 500, my buddy has the same car and Dyno'd at 434hp, they have raced a few times and my buddy beat him every time, or he might not know how to drive..

My buddy drunk at the bar one night was talking about building a Camero, I told him I'd give him 10k for his GTO tomorrow, he shakes my hand, and promptly texted me the next morning, I don't know what I was thinking, I cant sell you my car..:lol::burp:

IMG_20220701_154857913.jpg

IMG_20210601_154243182.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Might go look at this over the weekend..

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1088486975093854/

I really like those cars and always wanted one myself. Only a few years made when they brought it over from Holden. That color though :bc:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Remember when spin kept predicting the snowmobile market was crashing.  LOL  Then covid hit and the prices went crazy.  The guy just parrots any narrative he hears.

Well no shit…”then Covid hit”….FFS.

There is no denying that sales were declining…

17CFD1B3-5C6B-4179-837C-BA1F5CDAB21E.jpeg.3aae427d521a2556ba2d15a0a58aa4d8.jpeg

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

14 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yup!  I saw a local expert on the news. Everyone is rushing to his shop to have their motors pulled out of their classic and replaced with a battery. :lol:

The media is so fucked up they couldn’t give 1hr of coverage to the 1.5 million people gathering on Woodward to celebrate the combustion engine.  They even turned that into a hour long electric car infomercial. 

Lots of people complaining about the burn outs and loud cares cruising Woodward :suicide:  Cops were everywhere and I'm taking mine into the Ring and Pinion shop next week so I didn't get too crazy

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Mid to late 90's will always be the best time IMO for sledding

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I am not talking about sales, I said PRICES  Dude, spin is a know-it-all that really doesn't know shit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

No doubt, when I talk to some of my old riding buddies we wonder how we're still alive. :lmao:

Yeah good point! Heavier sleds with good power, half the suspension and crappy headlights doing 80 - 100 on the trails. I had my share of near death experiences back then that I know with my slower reflexes now I wouldn't make it  :lol: 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

I know a Guy with a 800hp '06 GTO . Thing is fucking insane . 

Always wanted to add one to the stable myself. 

14 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Thanks, he's lying about the HP though, it's more around 425 not 500, my buddy has the same car and Dyno'd at 434hp, they have raced a few times and my buddy beat him every time, or he might not know how to drive..

My buddy drunk at the bar one night was talking about building a Camero, I told him I'd give him 10k for his GTO tomorrow, he shakes my hand, and promptly texted me the next morning, I don't know what I was thinking, I cant sell you my car..:lol::burp:

IMG_20220701_154857913.jpg

IMG_20210601_154243182.jpg

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

I know a Guy with a 800hp '06 GTO . Thing is fucking insane . 

Always wanted to add one to the stable myself. 

That are cool cars and unique, he goes to a show and all the GM guys all crowd around it..just rare to see them

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

That are cool cars and unique, he goes to a show and all the GM guys all crowd around it..just rare to see them

There are a bunch around here. Most are stock though. 

When I sold my 2000 Trans Am few years back I looked at a couple and almost pulled the trigger. My problem is for $20k I can get into a C5 or C6 Vette which I think I would like better in the long run. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yeah good point! Heavier sleds with good power, half the suspension and crappy headlights doing 80 - 100 on the trails. I had my share of near death experiences back then that I know with my slower reflexes now I wouldn't make it  :lol: 

Old age and wisdom should protect us from riding like that now, I think. :lmao:

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Lots of people complaining about the burn outs and loud cares cruising Woodward :suicide:  Cops were everywhere and I'm taking mine into the Ring and Pinion shop next week so I didn't get too crazy

Played around a little.  Had guests from Georgia and Florida in. 
Had a car full of people so couldn’t get too

crazy.  Edited by Cold War

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Played around a little.  Had guests from Georgia and Florida in. 
Had a car full of people so couldn’t get too

IMG_7029.MOV  crazy. 

Damn....can't view it for some reason  :dunno:

I watched some of the videos from people going down Woodward Sunday morning and a lot of areas are just coated in rubber :3gears:

image.thumb.png.3fc1c324e37a202b9128b898b9656bce.png

24 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I am not talking about sales, I said PRICES  Dude, spin is a know-it-all that really doesn't know shit. 

OK..prices…yeah they went through the roof and it wasn’t just sleds. Now I know you have a real issue with guy but did you really expect him to forsee Covid and  it’s affect on the supply chain? 
Maybe stick with your idea that everybody was using their unemployment checks for plastic surgery.😂

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

15 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Australian super cars.

6 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Damn....can't view it for some reason  :dunno:

I watched some of the videos from people going down Woodward Sunday morning and a lot of areas are just coated in rubber :3gears:

image.thumb.png.3fc1c324e37a202b9128b898b9656bce.png

Don’t want to load? :dunno: