Check your account email address ×

Cadillac Escalade V

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

If you’ve never owned a German V8 you probably wouldn't know and shouldn't comment.  

Not since I got my penis enlargement. 

:lol:

12 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Oh look, some mouth from YT went and found someone who can drive to drive them around the track. I know people that can put laps on fast cars, in a fucking shoe box. :lol:

Please tell me that you actually track yours, and you are somewhat good with it. That would be even more hilarious but at least that way, you might get some more use out of it? Otherwise, you might as well be a new balance wearing 70 year old Corvette owner, with your chest puffed out even further, with a small dick. 

It's quite funny coming up on some tool bags in their "performance vehicles" who haven't a clue how to wheel the thing. One of my favorite past times is catching that tool on an exit ramp in my truck and scaring the living shit out of them..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
20 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what's the speed rating of the tires there Darwin?

I have two Tahoe's with no limiters from the factory, they're both PPV's

I got 22s on my Truck. it runs outta gear way before worrying about the speed rating of my tires Karen :thumb:

Do you have lights and spotlight and do you pull people over too? :whistle:

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

It's quite funny coming up on some tool bags in their "performance vehicles" who haven't a clue how to wheel the thing. One of my favorite past times is catching that tool on an exit ramp in my truck and scaring the living shit out of them..

I got cut off in the Prelude the other day coming up to a sweeping onramp by a Grandpa in a C8 Vette. 2 lanes open by he had to get in front of me I guess. So then he takes the corner and hits the brakes :lol:

I stayed into it switched lanes and smoked him in the corner. 5 min later he blows by me. Total retard. :lol:

Edited by EvilBird
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I got cut off in the Prelude the other day coming up to a sweeping onramp by a Grandpa in a C8 Vette. 2 lanes open by he had to get in front of me I guess. So then he takes the corner and hits the brakes :lol:

I stayed into it switched lanes and smoked him in the corner. 5 min later he blows by me. Total retard. :lol:

Yup, lots of people out there that don't know how to corner and read an apex

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

I got 22s on my Truck. it runs outta gear way before worrying about the speed rating of my tires Karen :thumb:

Do you have lights and spotlight and do you pull people over too? :whistle:

donk-contest-slab.gif

22's... :lolz:

so you removed the speed limiter, but don't have any sort of speed rated tires for sustained high speed driving?   you do know what a speed rated tire is right?

no lights, 16 has the spotlight which is handy for shining critters, scaring unsuspecting friends and watching left lane speeders nose dive under braking when I'm in the right lane.  :)

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

donk-contest-slab.gif

22's... :lolz:

so you removed the speed limiter, but don't have any sort of speed rated tires for sustained high speed driving?   you do know what a speed rated tire is right?

no lights, 16 has the spotlight which is handy for shining critters, scaring unsuspecting friends and watching left lane speeders nose dive under braking when I'm in the right lane.  :)

I got 22's on my truck, what's the issue with 22's?? 325/40-zr22, is that a good enough speed rating for you?

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I got 22's on my truck, what's the issue with 22's?? 325/40-zr22, is that a good enough speed rating for you?

how's the fried chicken and watermelon out there?  :lmao:

you must have nice roads with those rubber band tires

18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It's really good!!

Roads are what they are, shitty.. what size wheels do you deem appropriate???

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

It's really good!!

Roads are what they are, shitty.. what size wheels do you deem appropriate???

I'm interested.... :lol2:

I don't deem what's appropriate... but here anything less than a 50/55 is awful.  I have 40's on one car that gets limited road time and it can be unsettling at times on our shit roads but that car is also lowered and has big sways and lot's of urethane bushings.  Frankly, I like a little more sidewall and 'firm' suspension on a daily driver.    

5 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

It is the size of the wheel but the width and profile of the tire.  Anything in the 30's is tough although a super wide tire in a 35 can ride ok.  

on a vehicle engineered, sprung and swayed to run 30/35/40 series tires... no big deal.  when people just go slap low profile tires onto something and don't adapt the dampers, springs, etc. not so much

suspension now is a entire package, including the tires and these days some of the tires (Like Cup2's) have absolutely phenomenal grip.   

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm interested.... :lol2:

I don't deem what's appropriate... but here anything less than a 50/55 is awful.  I have 40's on one car that gets limited road time and it can be unsettling at times on our shit roads but that car is also lowered and has big sways and lot's of urethane bushings.  Frankly, I like a little more sidewall and 'firm' suspension on a daily driver.    

Yep, my truck is full urethane bushings, Bilstein 5100 shocks, big sway bars front and rear, EBC brakes, K&n intake, trans and engine tune, speed limiter and 4cyl step down parameters removed.  Not a bad truck for 8 years old with 133k and has a trailer hooked to it more than it doesn't..

IMG_20220321_173700113_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_20220910-120357.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Yup, lots of people out there that don't know how to corner and read an apex

“Read” an apex? Sounds like magazine talk. 

43 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Racist much? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Yep, my truck is full urethane bushings, Bilstein 5100 shocks, big sway bars front and rear, EBC brakes, K&n intake, trans and engine tune, speed limiter and 4cyl step down parameters removed.  Not a bad truck for 8 years old with 133k and has a trailer hooked to it more than it doesn't..

IMG_20220321_173700113_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_20220910-120357.png

Nice, have you considered doing a light lowering and adding airlifts for towing?

I'd prefer more rubber on the sidewalls, but you do you.

On 9/9/2022 at 9:43 AM, Deephaven said:

I stated clearly comparing it stock.  Once I dropped it and firmed up the suspension, added Wilwoods, and all the go fast goodies it was a different story.  Longer wheelbase and more mass made up the difference, but stock the brakes and suspension were complete horseshit in comparison.  I don't understand why GM thinks everyone needs 6" of clearance above the tires for the wheel wells.  Dropping those beasts a good 4-6" makes a monstrous difference.

I can barely fit a pack of smokes between my tire and the wheel opening on the non daily long roof.  The Tahoe, a king can of beer even though it's lowered from the factory.  :lol:

IMG_20220910_111337739.jpg

IMG_20220910_111236282.jpg

2 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Read” an apex? Sounds like magazine talk

Racist much? 

Or someone who knows how to drive and has been amateur racing cars and bikes,  taken driving classes on an actual race track. It's nice living an hour from Watkins Glen 

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

on a vehicle engineered, sprung and swayed to run 30/35/40 series tires... no big deal.  when people just go slap low profile tires onto something and don't adapt the dampers, springs, etc. not so much

Escalade pic I shared was 305 35 24s....but I did the full suspension and brakes as well.  It wore 22s in the winter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Nice, have you considered doing a light lowering and adding airlifts for towing?

I'd prefer more rubber on the sidewalls, but you do you.

I can barely fit a pack of smokes between my tire and the wheel opening on the non daily long roof.  The Tahoe, a king can of beer even though it's lowered from the factory.  :lol:

IMG_20220910_111337739.jpg

IMG_20220910_111236282.jpg

I've been contemplating for a couple years now a 1" drop in the rear to level it a bit more. I don't tow much weight 7'x14' landscape trailer with a 1400lb zero turn on it, that's about a total of 3600lbs or a clamshell sled trailer with 2 sleds which is prolly 2400lbs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I've been contemplating for a couple years now a 1" drop in the rear to level it a bit more. I don't tow much weight 7'x14' landscape trailer with a 1400lb zero turn on it, that's about a total of 3600lbs or a clamshell sled trailer with 2 sleds which is prolly 2400lbs

Look at McGaughys suspension for options, or DJM

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I put airbags in the Escalade but even with a 7000lb boat I never had to air them up.  Was dropped 4" as well and still fine 

Did you do the bump stop mod?  My old hoe got lowered 3" in the ass, the short stops and I added bags for when I had to put weight on it.  DJM offset links for the larger PPV sway bar. This is without the air ride, just coils.

edit: also full Spohn setup in the back... which made a big difference.
https://www.spohn.net/shop/2000-2006-GM-SUV-Suburban-Tahoe-Yukon-Avalanche-Escalade-Hummer-H2/ or https://www.spohn.net/shop/2007-2011-GM-SUV/ depending upon the year.  nothing for '15 and up because of vehicle stability control... :(

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

14 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Did you do the bump stop mod?  My old hoe got lowered 3" in the ass, the short stops and I added bags for when I had to put weight on it.  DJM offset links for the larger PPV sway bar. This is without the air ride, just coils.

edit: also full Spohn setup in the back... which made a big difference.
https://www.spohn.net/shop/2000-2006-GM-SUV-Suburban-Tahoe-Yukon-Avalanche-Escalade-Hummer-H2/ or https://www.spohn.net/shop/2007-2011-GM-SUV/ depending upon the year.  nothing for '15 and up because of vehicle stability control... :(

Same mods plus spindles in the front but the caddy has the air ride.  Spohn was necessary to center the wheels to fit the 305s

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Same mods plus spindles in the front but the caddy has the air ride.  Spohn was necessary to center the wheels to fit the 305s

Spohn makes a quality product.  :thumbsup:

Most people don't know how well these handle for a tank.   They're stiff a/f so with 265/60/17's I doubt I'll be changing anything for dd duty.

IMG_20220910_120417903_HDR.jpg

• Like 1