Check your account email address ×

Sick of people pulling campers clogging up the roads?

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, X2700 said:

This old fella took half an hour the other day to get boat in water!!!

lucky it was a Thursday evening!

9DEF94E8-720B-4194-B064-67D4E1F4F1F7.jpeg

And towing it with a minivan ....

Pull his Man card. 

i took the grand kid to a town dock in long lake. midweek , kind of quiet. we were fishing from a separate dock than the boats use. i'm watching a woman back a huge trailer down the ramp with precision, right where it needed to be. i gave her a thumbs up , she smiled , said is was a brand new truck. they put the houseboat looking pontoon on the trailer, and tells her to pull it out. i noticed he never hooked the front but it was a bunk trailer , i didn't really pay much attention. i heard yelling , looked over and it was coming off the trailer. it hit the groove ramp pretty hard, glass breaking, you could hear stuff breaking inside. now there it lays, and here comes the gas. i grabbed the kid and said "let's get out of here" . they were in a bad position and i didn't want to get stuck there. that's a steep ramp, don't know what he was thinking

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so, what do you think about the heli-camper?  :lol: 

is @airflite1certified for a whirlybird?

Flying my Cub is as close as I get to flying a Helicopter, the company has several Helicopters and the boss and his son use them for hunting and camping in Alaska and New Mexico, they aren't conversions though and you better have deep pockets for a heavy lift helo, the fuel burn is ridiculous.

I spent 10 or more years backing up a stump grinder about 100 times a day.

Wife and I are no nonsense. We have the bow lines on our boats on before we even get to the river. From the time I start to back up, we have the boats off in less than 2 minutes. By the time she has them up to the front of the dock out of the way, I am back from parking  and we are gone. Just as quick coming back.

We are 'respectable' Sea Doo owners...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

I spent 10 or more years backing up a stump grinder about 100 times a day.

Wife and I are no nonsense. We have the bow lines on our boats on before we even get to the river. From the time I start to back up, we have the boats off in less than 2 minutes. By the time she has them up to the front of the dock out of the way, I am back from parking  and we are gone. Just as quick coming back.

We are 'respectable' Sea Doo owners...

Yep 

I have my shit unhooked and ready to go when I hit the ramp!

pull jet ski off to side and get truck out of the way!

also respectable ski owner!!!must be a lake thing so much hate on jetskis!!

we hit river and jump waves behind big boats and nothing but thumbs up and picture taking from boats were around!!

jet skis here brought most things on themselves . whole river to ride with islands, backwater places, and lots of cruising , but they decide to ride circles by the boat launch. or they have one machine and 5 people taking turns . they just go out and do donuts. but when they come back in you can see they have no experience . i have had to push them away from hitting my boat. my friends have a cruiser, were pulling he kid on a tube pretty low speed. jet ski sees the swell but not the kid, ends up getting the rope sucked in, cuts it and the kid is drifting. or if you are anchored hanging out they go by so close you can touch them. the river is huge, get the fuck away from me. i have friends with tuned skis and they just ride. don't bother anyone, and use the whole river. now the water cops are riled up over the foolish antics and everyone is paying. one of them floated up to a gas dock , and shut off. was js just about to bump the dock ad took his vest off and threw it on the cowl. steps on the dock and cop gives him a ticket for no life jacket. they just seem to have it out for them

Edited by sleepybrew
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
22 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

jet skis here brought most things on themselves . whole river to ride with islands, backwater places, and lots of cruising , but they decide to ride circles by the boat launch. or they have one machine and 5 people taking turns . they just go out and do donuts. but when they come back in you can see they have no experience . i have had to push them away from hitting my boat. my friends have a cruiser, were pulling he kid on a tube pretty low speed. jet ski sees the swell but not the kid, ends up getting the rope sucked in, cuts it and the kid is drifting. or if you are anchored hanging out they go by so close you can touch them. the river is huge, get the fuck away from me. i have friends with tuned skis and they just ride. don't bother anyone, and use the whole river. now the water cops are riled up over the foolish antics and everyone is paying. one of them floated up to a gas dock , and shut off. was js just about to bump the dock ad took his vest off and threw it on the cowl. steps on the dock and cop gives him a ticket for no life jacket. they just seem to have it out for them

Yep. Ive owned a Sea Doo once and still own a Standup but the average person who buys a PWC is a inexperienced selfish dipshit.

And being that the CT river runs up thru Hartford the majority riding em on the River around me are Hoodrat scumbags that pull up 10 deep or more , blasting Shitty music,  take over the beach so kids cant play, leave trash all over every fucking time and ride way to close to boats. 

Then the Guys at my Dads lake are just as bad and will ride behind our boat when we Wakeboard or Surf. My buddy actually got ran over by one once as a kid and almost died. 

Sucks because they are probably the closest thing to Sleds and they get a bad wrap. I just would rather be seen in a boat personally and not be associated with that nonsense xD

Edited by EvilBird

Last year there was only a few seadoos on our lake and now at least a dozen. There's 3-4 assholes that have no regard for the shoreline or going by boat docks or kids swimming in the lake in front of their cottages

• Gold Member
44 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Last year there was only a few seadoos on our lake and now at least a dozen. There's 3-4 assholes that have no regard for the shoreline or going by boat docks or kids swimming in the lake in front of their cottages

Yeah all these twats when out and bought em during Coofid .

Shoot some flares at em 

17 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Yeah all these twats when out and bought em during Coofid .

Shoot some flares at em 

We definately have more fun/laughs anchored in a cove on our toon with 3-4 other boats tied together and listening to music,having a few bevvies and jumping in the water. All the doos do is fly back and forth lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We definately have more fun/laughs anchored in a cove on our toon with 3-4 other boats tied together and listening to music,having a few bevvies and jumping in the water. All the doos do is fly back and forth lol

When we take our boats down the river we have spots all along the way we stop and do just that. Nice thing is a Sea Doo can get to places and pull up that larger boats can't. I prefer that immensely to pulling into a place flooded with boats and kids, THEIR loud music and drunkeness, and the overall 'we are above you' attitude SOME boat owners have.

If we see boats anchored or chilling in the current, we go out of our way to slow down or be far enough away to not cause a lot of wake. Conversely, I rarely if ever see a boat slow for us when we are similarly relaxing.

Yep, just put me in a 10 foot wide cove that boats can just ride on by and I am happy.

See that... I can cast a wide assertion about an entire group of people as well...

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I seen just about all of it driving semi.

My hat's off to you and other truckers who are able to do that job. Not a chance in hell I could, and that is just based on what I encountered driving back and forth to work. Each and everyday I encountered some imbecile doing something stupid. 

2 minutes ago, irv said:

My hat's off to you and other truckers who are able to do that job. Not a chance in hell I could, and that is just based on what I encountered driving back and forth to work. Each and everyday I encountered some imbecile doing something stupid. 

I'm just a farm truck monkey and going to and from the race tracks. 

If I had to drive full time, my brush guard would be as big as my blood pressure numbers.  

I did OTR during the summers when I was going to school.  It is surprising how much traffic habits vary around the country.

@racinfarmer, We do have a lot of lane hangers around the metro.  Part of the issue is the left exit design people got used to over the years.  Our roads also have one of the worst full speed to stop for no apparent reason.  The rubber necking and merge difficulty are worse here.  If you run with a load around this system, you gotta be on your toes.

I get a kick out of those big cruisers headed up river full tilt making 6’ waves and buzz by guys fishing or a pontoon.bout tips them over then bitch about jet skis!!😂

we keep our distance from shore and mostly cruise the river!!

3 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

That mostly parents giving kids the jet and telling them to stay where they can see them

1 hour ago, favoritos said:

I did OTR during the summers when I was going to school.  It is surprising how much traffic habits vary around the country.

@racinfarmer, We do have a lot of lane hangers around the metro.  Part of the issue is the left exit design people got used to over the years.  Our roads also have one of the worst full speed to stop for no apparent reason.  The rubber necking and merge difficulty are worse here.  If you run with a load around this system, you gotta be on your toes.

The 169/494 and especially the 35W/494 interchanges are the worst!

3 and 4 lanes wide, the far left lane is a dead stop to 70mph to dead stop to 70mph shit show.  

Unless I have to go south 35, I'm the jackass that hangs out in the far left lane going through those two parts. 

Rogers exit is another horrible one.  4 lanes wide and the far left lane is again at a dead stop.  People try to race as far up as possible in the thru lanes, then cut into the two exit lanes at the last minute.

On 7/15/2022 at 5:47 AM, ACE said:

Holy eff citiots pulling campers at 50 mph with their 1997 f150 makes me irate 

stay the fuck in the city where you belong 

Its painful pulling a boat at the present time and having to deal with citiots who have never towed anything.  GTFO of the way, men are towing. 

On 7/15/2022 at 4:26 PM, Doug said:

That or when you get into a double passing lane and they won't move over or they speed up just to slow down after the passing lane

That kills me.  They added some passing lanes on Hwy 32 in WI about 10 years back or so and there are so many cheesehead jackwagons that go 57 mph in the 55, then kick it up to 70 when it widens out, then back to 57 at the end.  You have to go 85 to pass the fuckers when they're stacked 4-5 deep, and 10% of the time, there's a cop waiting at the end.

Someday I hope we have the technology where I can point at a vehicle and hack the AV system to blast Gimme Chocolate by Babymetal (Google it) at full volume.  That'd bring me such joy with these idiots.  lol  So much better than a horn or finger.

Edited by Matt