Check your account email address ×

Probably done sledding for good.

1jkw

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

I have a 1 XL keweenaw jacket. It fits pretty much perfect. I don't think I can squeeze a Tek vest in there. 

So wear it on the outside

9 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Thats because you ride around with 4 boxes of Twinkies stuffed in you jacket FFS

:lol:

59 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I still went one weekend this year. Would have gone more if the weather had cooperated. I'd still own them if the sport didn't become pussified. Handing over trails to the cops and everyone crying that fast riders were snocross wannabes. 

Pussified is not owning a sled or bitching about what others enjoy defining as snowmobiling.  We like to ride where every one else, isn't.

Edited by DriftBusta

37 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

We used to get decent weather here but not anymore.  I don't even care if it's not an entire season's worth - even a couple solid weeks would be nice but it is what it is.  Anyway, at this point in my life I'm sticking close to home and I do have both seasons covered.  I rebuild planes in the winter and fly em in the summer.

Wish I had your time on my hands,  but things gotta get done. 

20 hours ago, Dave said:

When i rode around your area the bars took our helmets when we walked in....and it was a 2 drink max....they kept track by putting a piece of masking tape on your helmet....do they still do that?

No they don't. Most have just a few then take off. There are a few you can't even understand them they are so drunk.

On 2/21/2017 at 7:25 PM, SVT Renegade XRS said:

That's awesome Vince , all of it.  Especially the part about you helping him :bc:

I wanna ride up there next year.  Would love to take my son as well. I heard the trails are fantastic and always well maintained.   Let me know if you don't mind if we join you for a Canada trip next year :bc:

No problem Jay, but do know that I am known to have a drink or two during the day.

On 2/21/2017 at 7:30 PM, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yeah , nice work, Vinno .   Sometimes being able to just help someone out can be the highlight of the ride that day .   :bc:

The look on his wife's face and her thank you was priceless, and it really did make mine and the my wife's day :bc:  

On 2/21/2017 at 7:33 PM, 1jkw said:

Not to bad from what I was told, I haven't seen it yet it's in the trailer, worst part is it took out a nice Racepak Avenger 3, I'm very thankful to be in as good of condition as I am.

By any chance did they say they had a camp in upstate NY?

He didn't mention that, but he said his was wife was on a 15 year old Polaris that got 8-9 mpg and that she did not want to give it up but after this year he wasn't going to listen to her, he said his Ski-Doo got 20 mpg.

Her sled looks like this and she rides with the backrest against her back, if you're familiar with QC they had left Le Cabanon on 63 west with the intention of riding that to trail 33 south to Relais Rouge-Matawin for fuel, somehow he got confused and missed the intersection and ended going west on 63 across the top of Parc National Mont Tremblant which would have been a 90 to 100 mile run for the Polaris before they saw fuel at the La-Macaza Mont-Tremblant airport.

409764-70ff767b94bc88696c19c24377396229.

On 2017-02-21 at 6:13 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

I am not the one who quit the sport, you are.  So save your pathetic BS for someone else who might give a shit.

I didn't quit. I sold my sleds. Probably have done more riding than you will ever do. I've done the rap a couple of time rapran once.  Ride Quebec a few times. Done the abitibi canyon. Taught my kids to ride as well as introduced a bunch of their friends to the sport.  In the end every other sport I do has people pushing me to my limit and beyond. Kayaking, mountain biking, snowboarding, surfing. In sledding the overall attitude is slow down wah wah wah. Fuck that shit I don't want to drive like grandma going for groceries. 

On 2017-02-21 at 6:14 PM, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Ride as hard and as fast as you want, just better fucking stay on your side of the trail. You hit me or someone else in my group, you're a dead man

Fuck off.  I've never hit another sled  since I was 13 and crashed into my brother while racing single cylinder sleds.  I always rode sober but fast.  Most of the near misses was people seeing me coming slamming on their brakes and sliding onto my side of the trail. I've climbed the bank a lot of times to miss out of control oncoming sleds. When I owned them my sleds were studded and set up well. Slow reacting drunks were a bigger problem then I was.

7 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

I didn't quit. I sold my sleds. Probably have done more riding than you will ever do. I've done the rap a couple of time rapran once.  Ride Quebec a few times. Done the abitibi canyon. Taught my kids to ride as well as introduced a bunch of their friends to the sport.  In the end every other sport I do has people pushing me to my limit and beyond. Kayaking, mountain biking, snowboarding, surfing. In sledding the overall attitude is slow down wah wah wah. Fuck that shit I don't want to drive like grandma going for groceries. 

Fuck off.  I've never hit another sled  since I was 13 and crashed into my brother while racing single cylinder sleds.  I always rode sober but fast.  Most of the near misses was people seeing me coming slamming on their brakes and sliding onto my side of the trail. I've climbed the bank a lot of times to miss out of control oncoming sleds. When I owned them my sleds were studded and set up well. Slow reacting drunks were a bigger problem then I was.

Oh look a legend in his own mind.  Sold didn't quit and contradicts himself with mindless nonsense. 

• Like 1

On 2017-02-24 at 4:02 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

Oh look a legend in his own mind.  Sold didn't quit and contradicts himself with mindless nonsense. 

On 2017-02-24 at 4:09 AM, Zambroski said:

RevKev for the liberal win here. "I didn't quit [snowmobiling], I just sold my sleds."

It's so perfect I can't comment further.

:lol:

I still ride. Just decided that rental is smarter than ownership when winters are getting shitty and pussies like you want people to slow down. 

Not surprising that a simple concept like that is difficult for you two to grasp. 

Perhaps we should hire a cross country skier who hates sledding to make sledding great again. 

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I still ride. Just decided that rental is smarter than ownership when winters are getting shitty and pussies like you want people to slow down. 

Not surprising that a simple concept like that is difficult for you two to grasp. 

Perhaps we should hire a cross country skier who hates sledding to make sledding great again. 

Roxannne Quimby for snowmobile Czar

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Perhaps you could find a spot to ride that's better suited to your riding style. I wouldn't let one areas rules stop me from riding. :dunno: 

24 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Tard logic is never simple to grasp.

"I din't quit, but I sold my sleds and its cause of people like you."

You wonder why we call you pussies cause I could give a rats ass what people like you think.

• Like 1