Check your account email address ×

Biden plans solar manufacturing push to end project slowdown

My biggest gripe with solar is how they're taking thousands of acres of farmland out of production for these 'solar farms'.  You want solar panels, fine, but put em on un productive land like re-claimed coal mines or iron ore mines or landfills or land surrounding landfills or mountain-sides or mountain tops.  Anywhere but productive land for christ's sake.  

The liberals are going to ruin upstate NY with these damn things.  Land contracts are paying unbelievable rates, along with solar companys just out-right buying the land up for high $.  I don't see where in the long run electricity is going to be any more affordable with the investments going into building them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, hayward said:

My biggest gripe with solar is how they're taking thousands of acres of farmland out of production for these 'solar farms'.  You want solar panels, fine, but put em on un productive land like re-claimed coal mines or iron ore mines or landfills or land surrounding landfills or mountain-sides or mountain tops.  Anywhere but productive land for christ's sake.  

The liberals are going to ruin upstate NY with these damn things.  Land contracts are paying unbelievable rates, along with solar companys just out-right buying the land up for high $.  I don't see where in the long run electricity is going to be any more affordable with the investments going into building them.

I see it every day in my travels around NY, just decimating good land..what happened to save the trees and forests!??! WTF

• Like 1

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I see it every day in my travels around NY, just decimating good land..what happened to save the trees and forests!??! WTF

If it isn’t fields of solar it’s mountain tops of windmills 😢. This is from a hike yesterday just north of me. 

F32F4031-2070-4B79-A8C8-40AD1DB9CC71.png

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I guarendamntee this is all liberal induced.  The same mother fuckers who want to save the wildlife and it's habitat are the ones building their own little utopia of mcmansions in the woods.  Same with all this green energy shit too. 

On a side note, how long's it been for the windmills up in lewis county?  Not sure what their original contracts were but it's got to be getting close to 15 years the first one's have been there ?  Were they 30 year leases or has a contract period ran out and a new one signed up again?    

5 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

If it isn’t fields of solar it’s mountain tops of windmills 😢. This is from a hike yesterday just north of me. 

F32F4031-2070-4B79-A8C8-40AD1DB9CC71.png

The windmills didnt bother me like this whole solar panel shit is.  Only thing is When we rode through farms in the winter it seemed like a major PITA to have em right smack in the middle of a field and a permanant access road getting to them.  Now that field becomes micro managed, with all the corners and angles to do field work around.  

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Liberals want clean air and water and to get off relying on foreign oil those bastards…..oh wait what?

They want gov't grant money that funds this shit is what they want.  When their pockets are full they won't give a flying fuck if green energy makes it or falls flat on it's face. And they sure as hell wont be bothered by the cost of energy irregardless of how it was produced.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hayward said:

As Rob says, the question shouldn't be can agriculture feel 9 billion people, it should be will we be allowed to.

1 hour ago, hayward said:

They are creating heat Islands...might as well pave it.

17 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

As Rob says, the question shouldn't be can agriculture feel 9 billion people, it should be will we be allowed to.

Eventually people are gonna starve from their own stupidity and self pride.

38 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Liberals want clean air and water and to get off relying on foreign oil those bastards…..oh wait what?

Did MC fire a synapse...did he realize it's okay to drill for oil as long as it's not here...thank God for the Saudis 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, hayward said:

Eventually people are gonna starve from their own stupidity and self pride.

Some days I wonder to myself if I'll see a government takeover of ag in the name of the good of the people and we'll be slaving away on a collective farm.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Is that why the majority of them live in the bigger cities?

On 6/7/2022 at 6:43 AM, Mainecat said:

Biden plans solar manufacturing push to end project slowdown
Source: Boston Globe

(Bloomberg) -- President Joe Biden will take executive action to boost the US solar sector, seeking to revive clean energy projects stalled by a trade dispute and bolster domestic manufacturing so the nation’s climate efforts are less reliant on foreign suppliers. 

Biden plans to invoke the Defense Production Act to provide support for US-made solar panels, said people familiar with the matter, who asked for anonymity to discuss private details before a public announcement expected as soon as Monday. 

At the same time, the president is set to announce a two-year halt in new solar tariffs, which would allow domestic project developers to continue using foreign-made equipment while US manufacturing ramps up, two of the people said. 

The moves are aimed at boosting oft-competing political priorities: combating climate change and nurturing domestic solar manufacturing that has struggled to compete with cheap imports. It’s possible Biden’s plan could do both in one swoop.

Read more: https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/06/06/science/biden-plans-solar-manufacturing-push-end-project-slowdown/ 

If solar production was so easy then why is he invoking the DPA?

• Gold Member
23 hours ago, racer254 said:

Ask yourself why?   Do you think it has to do with 10 of the last 14yrs of obama and biden?  Go back to telling us how you researched the cold medicine.  LOL. 

:lol::lol::lol:
:groin:

22 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Trump!!!  :lol: 

:mc:

:owned:

• Gold Member
43 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I will just leave this here. What a gift to China Joe Biden has been.

The irony is Mainefag claims he HATES the Chinese. 
Yet he proudly voted for Sniffy Joe who is a CCP Golden Boy.