Check your account email address ×

Carbon Dioxide has reached highest levels not seen in millions of years...NOAA

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Ahhh. The beauty of being a boomer. Time to burn some tires!!! 

I was doing that today along with some shingles.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
32 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Ahhh. The beauty of being a boomer. Time to burn some tires!!! 

The only tires you own are on your sissy ugly Van...that might be a problem spin titties :lol:

19 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

The only tires you own are on your sissy ugly Van...that might be a problem spin titties :lol:

I’ve got a couple of 32” KO2’s. Great shape but gashed. They’d smoke real good. 

• Gold Member
Just now, spin_dry said:

I’ve got a couple of 32” KO2’s. Great shape but gashed. They’d smoke real good. 

Good tires 👌  fire em up lets see it 

Carbon capture will fix this. Same with peak oil we heard about in the 2000s…. Fracking and other tech solved that.

Billions of $ in free market incentives will incentivize smart people to do smart things. Something that ‘future projections’ can never predict.

14 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Wow....not good....lots of trouble ahead. Glad I'm a boomer and will miss the worst of it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/carbon-dioxide-earths-atmosphere-soars-203704764.html

Please tell me you don't believe this B.S.? 

You know they pump 3-4 times of what we currently breath into greenhouses throughout the world, don't you?

You know why they do that? 

http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/facts/00-077.htm

https://extension.okstate.edu/fact-sheets/greenhouse-carbon-dioxide-supplementation.html

https://ucanr.edu/blogs/blogcore/postdetail.cfm?postnum=28419

https://royalbrinkman.com/knowledge-center/crop-care/increase-concentration-co2-greenhouse

• Platinum Contributing Member
46 minutes ago, irv said:

Oh I believe we are warming without a doubt. The climate itself has changed quite a bit, to less snow (overall) where I ride to once in a lifetime storms that now happen every few years. I guess I have lived a few lifetimes:lol:....even tornadoes becoming common occurrences when they used to be very rare in my area...... now do I think we can do anything about it?...

No, we just have to learn how to adapt. 

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

I guess bombs are not good for the environment. 

Probably not....except for Mosquitoes.

• Haha 1

The evidence is fairly clear that global climate change will be devastating. Melting permafrost will no doubt unlock over 1/2 of the world’s organic carbon. It doesn’t really matter to me because I won’t be here. :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It's pretty hard to argue that and think it won't result in dramatic changes.....the sea and its temperatures have a lot to do with our climate. People can argue all day on the causes, man- made or not but we will still suffer with the changes and have to adapt no matter what the cause.

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

It's pretty hard to argue that and think it won't result in dramatic changes.....the sea and its temperatures have a lot to do with our climate. People can argue all day on the causes, man- made or not but we will still suffer with the changes and have to adapt no matter what the cause.

If the continued expansion of CO2 results in linear changes it may not be so bad. Adaptation will gradually occur. It’s the non-linear possibilities that could create geo-political catastrophes. War over resources and economic survival being the most destructive. I have no doubt the planet and humans will survive. Just in a much more shit filled environment. 

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Oh I believe we are warming without a doubt. The climate itself has changed quite a bit, to less snow (overall) where I ride to once in a lifetime storms that now happen every few years. I guess I have lived a few lifetimes:lol:....even tornadoes becoming common occurrences when they used to be very rare in my area...... now do I think we can do anything about it?...

No, we just have to learn how to adapt. 

Probably not....except for Mosquitoes.

Guess they thought we'd better cover all weather/climate normalcies  just in case the sheep figure it out. :lol:

According to NOAA, these rising temperatures have unleashed a cascade of weather impacts, including episodes of extreme heat, drought and wildfire activity, as well as heavier precipitation, flooding and tropical storm activity.

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

If the continued expansion of CO2 results in linear changes it may not be so bad. Adaptation will gradually occur. It’s the non-linear possibilities that could create geo-political catastrophes. War over resources and economic survival being the most destructive. I have no doubt the planet and humans will survive. Just in a much more shit filled environment. 

"Could" :lol:     OH MY GOD!!!!! Lets pay our gov't an exorbitant amount of taxes to offset this just in case! "Oh, what a fool believes" 

climmu.jpg