Check your account email address ×

These Nine Republicans Voted Against Expanding Access to Baby Formula

13 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

It's just weird, the problem is there is a formula shortage/lack of availability not money to buy it, WIC provides enough money to buy formula, eggs, bread, peanut butter, ect..But you can't buy what isn't on the shelf for purchase..I don't get how people cant see that..Blows my mind

Look at this guy hating babies!!!!!! 
:lol:

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

BTW Racer it’s two different bills so maybe you need to read the fucking article.

Rep. Rosa DeLauro introduced a second bill that was voted on in the same session, meant to address the ongoing baby formula crisis in the form of increased funding for the Food and Drug Administration. HR 7790 proposed a $28 million cash infusion to help the FDA address the current formula shortage and prevent future supply chain issues. DeLauro told NBC before the vote that most of the cash in her legislation would go to staffing up the FDA and bolstering its inspection force.

According to The Hill, House Minority Whip Steve Scalise urged Republican members to vote no on HR 7790, arguing that Speaker Nancy Pelosi was pushing the bill forward "in hopes of covering up the administration's ineptitude by throwing additional money at the FDA with no plan to actually fix the problem, all while failing to hold the FDA accountable."

Did you read the bill summary? There's nothing in it that helps put more formula on the shelves. It does give the fda more money to play around with though. If the plants could fire up and start producing again, and new plants were allowed to produce, wouldn't the price go down to help the low income mothers?

• Platinum Contributing Member
28 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

It's just weird, the problem is there is a formula shortage/lack of availability not money to buy it, WIC provides enough money to buy formula, eggs, bread, peanut butter, ect..But you can't buy what isn't on the shelf for purchase..I don't get how people cant see that..Blows my mind

I see it just fine Tony…and I can see Racer and a few others being miserable cunts…you’re a bit of a surprise though. 🤷🏻

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I see it just fine Tony…and I can see Racer and a few others being miserable cunts…you’re a bit of a surprise though. 🤷🏻

No....you're just short sighted. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Actually the ruling allows for some modification of the formula itself-as long as it doesn’t substantially decrease the quality of the formula. That’s a work around to address the supply chain issue when some ingredients aren’t available. 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Actually the ruling allows for some modification of the formula itself-as long as it doesn’t substantially decrease the quality of the formula. That’s a work around to address the supply chain issue when some ingredients aren’t available. 

Then why not post that instead of some partisan hack piece?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Then why not post that instead of some partisan hack piece?

Because the assumption is that anyone commenting on this topic has read 7791. Otherwise they’re dummies talking out their ass. 

Edited by spin_dry

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It also waives the maximum monthly allowance for infant formula.  Why would it need to do that?

Due to inflationary pressures on ingredients and production costs. Pretty simple. 

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

It passes by a mile but those 9 Republicans that didn’t vote for it.

In a strange universe far far away, that’s relevant to this topic. 

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Is Buttigieg still on maternity leave?  Good thing he didn't have an abortion. 

It a shame that you didn’t fall prey to abortion. You shouldn’t have made it past 6 cells. 

7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Is Buttigieg still on maternity leave?  Good thing he didn't have an abortion. 

i'm sure his snatch is all healed up from delivery, and they are working on number 2

Typical dems. Put forth a bill with a nice name that does nothing to accomplish what the name suggests and it gets the low iq morons all emotionally worked up 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well thanks for assigning me a position bud, but It's just the fact that the bill does nothing to to solve the problem of the shortage and lack of availability for formula..All's it is is pandering and divisive rhetoric and again, does not solve the problem. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

The FDA shut down the plant, and put additional requirements on them to meet before they can restart production, which if they were met today, the Abbott plant will not be able to produce formula for 6 weeks. It has nothing to do with supply of ingredients or logistics, hence them air freighting formula from an Abbott plant in Ireland that does not have to meet the FDA's new regulations..I mean WTF is wrong with some of you and your blind delusions to see the issue..

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Well thanks for assigning me a position bud, but It's just the fact that the bill does nothing to to solve the problem of the shortage and lack of availability for formula..All's it is is pandering and divisive rhetoric and again, does not solve the problem. 

Calm down…. Tony

You’re losing it.  :lol:

• Haha 1