Check your account email address ×

These Nine Republicans Voted Against Expanding Access to Baby Formula

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Due to inflationary pressures on ingredients and production costs. Pretty simple. 

Or the fact that we are air freighting in formula from a non-fda inspected plant in Ireland and now formula is probably going to triple in price. Lets be realistic, the upper class won't have a problem paying those prices, now the lower class on public assistance won't have a problem paying since they don't have to pay, but the middle and lower working class is who it hurts..Great idea they have.. SMH

8 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Or the fact that we are air freighting in formula from a non-fda inspected plant in Ireland and now formula is probably going to triple in price. Lets be realistic, the upper class won't have a problem paying those prices, now the lower class on public assistance won't have a problem paying since they don't have to pay, but the middle and lower working class is who it hurts..Great idea they have.. SMH

There are a few people that understand that the elites want to eliminate the US Middle class. 

• Like 1

So let me get this straight?

it’s now ok to bend the rules for baby formula and bring it in from Ireland with no fda approval but we shut down an American plant 6 months ago for not meeting fda’s new requirements?

it’s also same companies plant we’re flying it in from!!

so if we would of bent the rules 6 months ago we’d be doing just fine now?

what the fuck is wrong here?why not just fly in some Chinese stuff now!!

Man our country is messed up!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

And your solution is? 

47 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The FDA shut down the plant, and put additional requirements on them to meet before they can restart production, which if they were met today, the Abbott plant will not be able to produce formula for 6 weeks. It has nothing to do with supply of ingredients or logistics, hence them air freighting formula from an Abbott plant in Ireland that does not have to meet the FDA's new regulations..I mean WTF is wrong with some of you and your blind delusions to see the issue..

Why was the plant shut? 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

He has no real solution. Just complaints. 

Exactly…In fact that is the Republican Platform.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Then why not post that instead of some partisan hack piece?

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Because the assumption is that anyone commenting on this topic has read 7791. Otherwise they’re dummies talking out their ass. 

Poor racer.

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Wut?  :lol:

What position was he elected to?  He won’t get my vote!!!!

I mean, honestly.  When MC is giving you a handy, always a good idea to take a step back and reevaluate your position.  👍

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

42 minutes ago, racer254 said:

There are a few people that understand that the elites want to eliminate the US Middle class. 

Who exactly are the elites…I’d like to hear what you have rattling around in your empty melon. 

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Wut?  :lol:

What position was he elected to?  He won’t get my vote!!!!

I mean, honestly.  When MC is giving you a handy, always a good idea to take a step back and reevaluate your position.  👍

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Poor Tony.  In a forum full of problem solvers he only offers complaints. :lol:

And then there is you…got anything? How about about a Let’s Go Brandon or a #FJB

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

And your solution is? 

Clean and fire up the plant in the states, after being shut down for 6 months it's going to take a lot longer with all that equipment sitting idle to clean..FDA fucked this up bigly

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Clean and fire up the plant in the states, after being shut down for 6 months it's going to take a lot longer with all that equipment sitting idle to clean..FDA fucked this up bigly

Well no shit.🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Who exactly are the elites…I’d like to hear what you have rattling around in your empty melon. 

If you have to ask, you are not one of them.  I bet you know who the middle class is though, right?

Edited by racer254

16 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Lol, you do realize that's pretty much your life since retirement, come here and start 20 threads a day complaining. I don't think I've started a thread in 6 months..:lol:

• Like 1

Just now, racer254 said:

If you have to ask, you are not one of them

I realize I’m not an elite but who are they…you said they are trying to kill off the middle class one overpriced can of formula at a time so let’s hear it.🤷🏻

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The plant is to open next week. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I realize I’m not an elite but who are they…you said they are trying to kill off the middle class one overpriced can of formula at a time so let’s hear it.🤷🏻

Could you imagine if the FDA didn’t act and more babies died. OMG the whining would be deafening!!! 

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Reminds me of the EPA and that polluted river picture.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

And then there is you…got anything? How about about a Let’s Go Brandon or a #FJB

Now, Im a ultra maga trumper? :lol:

well played.  I regress with shame.