Check your account email address ×

These Nine Republicans Voted Against Expanding Access to Baby Formula

Explains it perfectly.

Why Did Republicans Vote Against Baby Formula Bill?

In a statement to Newsweek explaining his decision, Rep. Roy said: "The only way to get more formula to American families is to fix the crony policies that prevent more U.S. companies from producing it, remove barriers to innovation, and allow imports from trusted nations; the legislation Democrats put forward does none of that.

"Instead, the bills would empower a demonstrably incompetent executive branch while funneling millions of taxpayer dollars to the FDA [Food and Drug Administration], without making any reforms necessary to get formula back on store shelves.

"This shortage is the direct result of unnecessary federal regulations and of a bloated bureaucracy that failed to recognize the problem before it spiraled out of control. This body should be solving problems, not making them worse."

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You didn't even read the article did you?

GFY shitbag.

The Access to Baby Formula Act, also known as H.R.7791, would allow low-income women to buy more baby formula through the federal Women, Infant and Children (WIC) program.

It received a 414-9 bipartisan support in a House vote on Wednesday amid the formula shortage crisis in the country.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

"The only way to get more formula to American families is to fix the crony policies that prevent more U.S. companies from producing it, remove barriers to innovation, and allow imports from trusted nations; the legislation Democrats put forward does none of that.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

GFY shitbag.

The Access to Baby Formula Act, also known as H.R.7791, would allow low-income women to buy more baby formula through the federal Women, Infant and Children (WIC) program.

It received a 414-9 bipartisan support in a House vote on Wednesday amid the formula shortage crisis in the country.

They can't buy more if the stores won't allow it, like BJ's has a limit on 2 cans per purchase and is tracked by your membership card. Walmart also has a limit of 2 cans. Wegmans and Tops has a limit of 1 can. So what they have presented will do nothing. The Dems regulations have stalled production in the US hence the great idea our government had to fly in formula from an Abbott plant in Ireland that doesn't have the FDA production requirements..Tell me that doesn't sound idiotic..The administration doesn't have a clue how to solve the problems they have created..

Yeah fuck that WIC Crowd anyhow….

"It will allow WIC to utilize a far greater portion of the baby formula market, crowding out many hard-working American families," Gaetz tweeted.

3F5817B6-902D-4050-9254-A78FFC277D63.jpeg.c22c1419b45e74b4f5d87ebb0144c340.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

GFY shitbag.

The second the cunts see “low income” it’s a no go. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

GFY shitbag.

It’s the same 9 detestable, personality disordered shit bags that create this bullshit. See the future of the GOP. 

• Nine Republicans voted against a bill that would help poor families buy baby formula.

• The bill is a measure that expands on a federal program to help low-income women and children.

• Separately, 192 Republicans voted no on a bill to staff up the FDA to help manage formula supply.

Nine Republicans voted against a bill in Congress that would help lower-income women secure baby formula for their children

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

The second the cunts see “low income” it’s a no go. 

I just think it should be fair and equal for everyone across the board, to allow a select group of people to get formula and not allow another isn't fair by any means and honestly looks like pandering to a specific base..I honestly can believe anyone would be behind that, but then again some just want to argue.

BTW Racer it’s two different bills so maybe you need to read the fucking article.

Rep. Rosa DeLauro introduced a second bill that was voted on in the same session, meant to address the ongoing baby formula crisis in the form of increased funding for the Food and Drug Administration. HR 7790 proposed a $28 million cash infusion to help the FDA address the current formula shortage and prevent future supply chain issues. DeLauro told NBC before the vote that most of the cash in her legislation would go to staffing up the FDA and bolstering its inspection force.

According to The Hill, House Minority Whip Steve Scalise urged Republican members to vote no on HR 7790, arguing that Speaker Nancy Pelosi was pushing the bill forward "in hopes of covering up the administration's ineptitude by throwing additional money at the FDA with no plan to actually fix the problem, all while failing to hold the FDA accountable."

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Are we putting our team hats on today? :lol:

Recent studies show women of color are far more likely to be hurt by the baby food shortage. 

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I just think it should be fair and equal for everyone across the board, to allow a select group of people to get formula and not allow another isn't fair by any means and honestly looks like pandering to a specific base..I honestly can believe anyone would be behind that, but then again some just want to argue.

Well I’m on the team that has empathy for those less fortunate than me and apparently you two are on the team that doesn’t give a fuck..I’ll take my team everyday while you two can join Racer.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well I’m on the team that has empathy for those less fortunate than me and apparently you two are on the team that doesn’t give a fuck..I’ll take my team everyday while you two can join Racer.

Well your team wants to feed babies that parents had and can't afford them, and parents that work hard don't get to feed their babies?? Does that seem fair to all of the American people or divisive and pandering to a specific group?

What the Dems should work on is ramping up production in the US to feed all Americans but their regulations have stalled that from happening.

I mean it's not rocket science

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Some of you  need a steady supply of shit just to keep you pissed off all the time. What a life

They really need anything to gratify their thought process.

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Well your team wants to feed babies that parents had and can't afford them, and parents that work hard don't get to feed their babies?? Does that seem fair to all of the American people or divisive and pandering to a specific group?

What the Dems should work on is ramping up production in the US to feed all Americans but their regulations have stalled that from happening.

I mean it's not rocket science

Cause the problem then come up with a solution that blames others.  Just like the high gas prices and inflation......

14 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Some of you  need a steady supply of shit just to keep you pissed off all the time. What a life

All I want for Christmas is to feed the babies! 

oh, and peace in the Ukraine. 

wait!  Racial harmony.  

feed babies 

peace 

end racism.  

Hold on, one more thing.  Let Women kill their babies.  

thats all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Cause the problem then come up with a solution that blames others.  Just like the high gas prices and inflation......

It's just weird, the problem is there is a formula shortage/lack of availability not money to buy it, WIC provides enough money to buy formula, eggs, bread, peanut butter, ect..But you can't buy what isn't on the shelf for purchase..I don't get how people cant see that..Blows my mind

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

It's just weird, the problem is there is a formula shortage/lack of availability not money to buy it, WIC provides enough money to buy formula, eggs, bread, peanut butter, ect..But you can't buy what isn't on the shelf for purchase..I don't get how people cant see that..Blows my mind

There is definitely a disconnect between their thought processes.  But those bad republicans, that's all that matters.  And the media and dems pushing this article are easily convinced, because the want to believe. 

There are starving children out there, and dems think abortion is the answer....population control.

Edited by racer254

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

There is definitely a disconnect between their thought processes.  But those bad republicans, that's all that matters.  And the media and dems pushing this article are easily convinced, because the want to believe. 

There are starving children out there, and dems think abortion is the answer....population control.

I just try and leave the politics right out of it unless the politics have caused the issue which it did here..The dem solution does not solve in anyway shape or form the lack of availability/production

• Like 1