Check your account email address ×

It’s starting....

Talking with a guy that does heavy equipment repos today. Said shit is really starting to “get hot” ....people are giving their shit back to the bank at a rapidly expanding pace. 

Im buying a backhoe from him that he’s representing for a bank that he repos for. He said 6 months ago this machine would have sold in less than 24hrs for 10gs more than im paying.

Ive got dry powder left too.....bring on the deals 

• Like 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Talking with a guy that does heavy equipment repos today. Said shit is really starting to “get hot” ....people are giving their shit back to the bank at a rapidly expanding pace. 

Im buying a backhoe from him that he’s representing for a bank that he repos for. He said 6 months ago this machine would have sold in less than 24hrs for 10gs more than im paying.

Ive got dry powder left too.....bring on the deals 

That’s interesting. Equipment market is hot here 

Just now, ACE said:

Even 3 months ago it was insane here. Now I’m starting to see some prices come down a little and when I inquire as to availability stuff hasn’t sold. 

9 minutes ago, ACE said:

940C759D-F186-4CEC-B2B5-94D79EA64DC9.png

There was a pair of Steiger Tiger KP-525's at an auction here not long ago.  First one sold for $139k and the buyer took them both at that price, plus buyer's premium.

Not sure what they'd have sold for say 5 years ago, but I bet it wouldn't be $139k.

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, ACE said:

Still hot here too. My buddy bought a Bobcat mini Ex a couple months ago and he's already been offered $10k more than he paid for it. The equipment dealers I drive by still look sparce.

Until new equipment prices start coming down, the used market will stay strong.

No slowing of the housing or reno markets here.

Edited by Blackstar

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Still hot here too. My buddy bought a Bobcat mini Ex a couple months ago and he's already been offered $10k more than he paid for it. The equipment dealers I drive by still look sparce.

Prices of everything are going to absolutely crater within 90 days. The housing market is about to get crushed. It’s all coming down 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Prices of everything are going to absolutely crater within 90 days. The housing market is about to get crushed. It’s all coming down 

I hope everybody dies

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The used market is being propped up by nothing new available for more than a year right now. Once they can get out of the hole and re supply dealers the used stuff will drop.  

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Personally, I hope so. I want to buy a property to help my retirement. I also have a son to get out of my house in the next 2 years.

The prediction here has been for a stagnation of prices. I had a realtor out to my mom's house last week and he feels we may see a 10% decrease in prices through the balance of this year then it will just sit for a few years.

But we have had property values increase by 50% over the last 3 years so that's not really much of a correction.

Our area is heavy in tech and insurance business. 2 universities and a large college. Suburban expansion is limited due to a lack of available land.

They have recently approved 3 buildings over 44 storeys for our area.

Housing will stay strong while those who can't afford the leap will look to aparments and condo's. High demand and short supply.

10 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The used market is being propped up by nothing new available for more than a year right now. Once they can get out of the hole and re supply dealers the used stuff will drop.  

Right, and I think its still another year before we see things level out.

I was just told my work truck will be lucky to make it 2 more years. I don't buy new, I buy used. I'm probably still fucked in that market since very few trucks have been made the last 2 years so there will be few used trucks available.

Edited by Blackstar

56 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

There was a pair of Steiger Tiger KP-525's at an auction here not long ago.  First one sold for $139k and the buyer took them both at that price, plus buyer's premium.

Not sure what they'd have sold for say 5 years ago, but I bet it wouldn't be $139k.

I wish pops had some of that NW Iowa land going for $24k+ an acre.

Neal

A friend dropped by the other day to borrow something and told me he knows 2 guys who have turned in their fairly new/new trucks. Said one wasn't paying a $1.65+ a litre and the other was getting out while the getting was good.

We didn't have a lot of time so I never got into details with him, but I know he wasn't making it up. 

55 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I was just told my work truck will be lucky to make it 2 more years. I don't buy new, I buy used. I'm probably still fucked in that market since very few trucks have been made the last 2 years so there will be few used trucks available.

I am sold out for the season and it has not started yet. I think it will be at least 2 more years before we are out the whole. You mention trucks  I have had a pick up on order for a year and probably will never get it unless I brake down and go to a crew cab which I do not want  

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I think it’ll just level.  Even once new starts to catch up, the cost of new has also skyrocketed 

• Like 1

Just now, Not greg b said:

I am sold out for the season and it has not started yet. I think it will be at least 2 more years before we are out the whole. You mention trucks  I have had a pick up on order for a year and probably will never get it unless I brake down and go to a crew cab which I do not want  

I'm sold out for this season and half of next year. I'm trying hard not to sell anything more. The phone has stopped ringing for new sales in the last month but that's not a problem.

The company that excavates for me waited 13 months for a F350 Lariat Crewcab with the 7.3.

You're probably right with the 2 years.