Check your account email address ×

It’s starting....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, f7ben said:

Prices of everything are going to absolutely crater within 90 days. The housing market is about to get crushed. It’s all coming down 

we should all feel good about the economy considering your track history of being wrong on your calls   :news:  

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Payoff will be 35

Back in 07 I leased that Tundra Crewmax for 36 months.  End of the term, I was 18000 miles over, which normally would have meant me having to stroke a check for .20 a mile for every mile over 36,000.  Don't remember the exact math, other than I was able to sell it to someone else without turning it in, even over on the miles for the payoff, so it didn't cost me a dime.  Toyota financial wasn't happy about the extra paperwork, but oh well.  They hold their value well.  355 a month is CHEAP.  I paid 39,500 for my 19 Ram in 20, with 6000 miles on it.  2 years later I have about 32,000 on it now, and its worth about 50.  Market is nuts.  

For sure, a lot of stuff is going to be repoed, but knowing that 99 % of folks buy stuff with zero down, and payments forever, are there actually going to be bargains when whoever puts it up for sale covers what is actually owing on it ? I doubt if it is going to be sold for pennies on the dollar. I would say, buyers better be vary cautious buying stuff that has a larger loan against it than what the item is actually worth. Dig deep, and make sure the loan gets paid off as part of the transaction. 

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

For sure, a lot of stuff is going to be repoed, but knowing that 99 % of folks buy stuff with zero down, and payments forever, are there actually going to be bargains when whoever puts it up for sale covers what is actually owing on it ? I doubt if it is going to be sold for pennies on the dollar. I would say, buyers better be vary cautious buying stuff that has a larger loan against it than what the item is actually worth. Dig deep, and make sure the loan gets paid off as part of the transaction. 

Banks don’t like to hold bad paper. They will sell for a loss very quickly to clear the books

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

A friend of mine owns a large liquor distribution company in Wisconsin. He's resorting to paying unskilled employees $23/hr with benefits while working them 12-14 hours a day. That's indicative of most businesses right now. 

Liquor and booze in general seems to be a great buisness. Doesn’t seem to go down much even in a recession.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Liquor and booze in general seems to be a great buisness. Doesn’t seem to go down much even in a recession.

My buddy has a birthday this week and I want to get him a nice bottle of whiskey….maybe a Bourbon. Any ideas? I bought him a nice bottle of 4 Roses Bourbon for Christmas but looking for something different.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My buddy has a birthday this week and I want to get him a nice bottle of whiskey….maybe a Bourbon. Any ideas? I bought him a nice bottle of 4 Roses Bourbon for Christmas but looking for something different.

Basil Hayden ....about the best I’ve had for reasonable money 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This sounds  like it could be good and a Rye.👍🏼

I’m a beer drinker. It was definitely a crowd pleaser this sled season. Little Ed brought up plenty to sample.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I don't drink much bourbon or whisky but a guy I golf with sometimes introduced me to Old Elk, it's really damn smooth. :bc:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Back in 07 I leased that Tundra Crewmax for 36 months.  End of the term, I was 18000 miles over, which normally would have meant me having to stroke a check for .20 a mile for every mile over 36,000.  Don't remember the exact math, other than I was able to sell it to someone else without turning it in, even over on the miles for the payoff, so it didn't cost me a dime.  Toyota financial wasn't happy about the extra paperwork, but oh well.  They hold their value well.  355 a month is CHEAP.  I paid 39,500 for my 19 Ram in 20, with 6000 miles on it.  2 years later I have about 32,000 on it now, and its worth about 50.  Market is nuts.  

15 months in and I haven't even officially hit an oil change interval yet... :lol:

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Banks don’t like to hold bad paper. They will sell for a loss very quickly to clear the books

Trying to work a deal on an X5M like that right now....

1 minute ago, Snake said:

15 months in and I haven't even officially hit an oil change interval yet... :lol:

500+ hp twin turbo V8 ftw.  I miss the pull of that 750.  That thing hauled ass for a big boat.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Bad ass