Check your account email address ×

Fuckin Polaris did it

Rod

1 hour ago, HSR said:

:lol:

I mean, I’m not lying. :dunno:

54 minutes ago, ACE said:

The Lester’s let the cat out of the bag. The reason a turbo motor makes more power is because a turbo adds more air 

wowe 

And you can be sure that it uses the same clutching as the na 850 too. 

50 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Right after I get my vagina, first :news:

Sweet fuck all. Just what the world needs. Another fire bunch. :flush:

38 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

If we caught you doing that (I know you would not because you are not Greg B.) We would probably wait till you hit  the toolies, then break your thumbs. Tough sledding with broken thumbs. Ha ha!

All 60 sleds that poo will produce? Cat will be fine. That 22 thousand turbo goes haywire, Polaris might not come back from it.

Cat get those MY22 600’s delivered yet? I mean, lots of new tech on those from MY21 to MY22……..

24 minutes ago, ACE said:

Why a turbo for a flat land sled for 180-185 hp?

could easily do that with more CC and less complexity 

Warranty and the hope of turning it up. I personally don’t disagree with you. 

16 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

That would be cheaper than the 850 VR1 or Assault turbo :lol:

How the fuck do you know? 

14 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

and just what does the S4 weigh in at?

I could care less. I’m not buying one. 

3 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Most places where I ride this year you have no place to open it up. Lakes are so rough right now, 50 can be scary. Speed means nothing to me anymore. I don't bend anymore when I fall off. I shatter. Toss in the cost of insurance compared to a 600 and that a belt for the 600 is less than $100.00 where the belt for the 800 is over 200. I could afford it, but why waste money if I am not going to use the extra CC's. I dont think I have seen 80 yet this year. Been avoiding the lakes as much as possible. 

Wow, you are a giant pussy.  Where you live there are plenty of places you can average 80 for a long period of time.  

3 hours ago, Doug said:

:lol:Stop back when you can put on more that 900 miles a year on a sled.  Did that in 2 weeks

Yep, that is a big weekend to many of us.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Some riders out on the trails can't handle a 600.

Obviously Jim can't.  He should get a Blast.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Got the call from my dealer at 5:30 confirming my order.

Likely the most significant spring release of all time.   Really listening to its customers.   Great job Poo.

Cat better really step it up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

It is a shame Arctic Cat doesn't come out with something new.  It would be even better if Yamaha got back into the game and produced a sled instead of being just an engine supplier.  You have Polaris and Ski-Doo moving the sport forward and then you have the model T.

Hey I mean, I just moved into 2015 technology by putting a PIDD on my Indy. I can’t get the stupid thing to take the update that I downloaded onto my usb jump drive but hey, it’s a start. :flush: 

Poo is the Dodge of the snowmobile world when it comes to engines.

Sniffs a line of coke... fucking let's put the turbo in a trail sled AND release a new 900 mountain motor!

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Poo is the Dodge of the snowmobile world when it comes to engines.

Sniffs a line of coke... fucking let's put the turbo in a trail sled AND release a new 900 mountain motor!

Can you imagine in 2 years, a boost 900...:3gears:

3 hours ago, Doug said:

:lol:Stop back when you can put on more that 900 miles a year on a sled.  Did that in 2 weeks

I've done that on long weekends multiple times  :bc:   About 1500 on so far this season, half of them off trail.

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Fuck is ski doo behind 

Dude.  Marywannas are bad for you.  

2 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Are you serious? What the hell did you guys expect? Almost EVERY bill I have had increased 20-25%. What makes you guys think that the prices of this shit wasn’t going to go up? I’m actually a little impressed that they are not MORE. 

I can buy a Lynx 146 turbo for less than 19 grand, or at least I could a week ago.  Think they're all sold out for next year.  That is one bad ass sled.  850 is less.

1 hour ago, A05GSHO said:

You guys need a Ski-Doo Renegade 900t XRS

I ordered an Expedition Extreme 900 turbo.  Little over 17gs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Trading in the Klim gear for a Carhartt onesie??If you get the reflective stripes nobody will stop you :thumbsup::lol:

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

You’re dreaming. 

This gets said literally every time a new big boy trail sled comes out. Idiots are idiots, period. 

The FUCK I do. You can hold right on to that pig. 

900 turbo is the best power/weight/refinement motor ever made for the trail.  IMO.  :bc:   

34 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Well my dealer has 5 sold that have not even been released. Everyone around here knows Cat makes a much more reliable, better looking sled that does everything the poos do, but dont have to be pulled in weekly. 

Dude, 2012 called.  They want a new, sorted out, next generation cat.  Cuz what they're selling now ain't much different than they were 10 years ago.

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Got the call from my dealer at 5:30 confirming my order.

Likely the most significant spring release of all time.   Really listening to its customers.   Great job Poo.

Cat better really step it up.

You're a brave one, given how many of their motors have been blowing up.  Come to think of it, the last Polaris I owned, an 18 Assault 800, blew up too.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Trading in the Klim gear for a Carhartt onesie??If you get the reflective stripes nobody will stop you :thumbsup::lol:

:lol: Pretty much.  One of our riding buddies has a 20 wide Extreme with the 850.  Have to say that sled is damn impressive.  You can even mount a winch on it.  Which might be entirely necessary.  :lol:  :bc: 

17 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I've done that on long weekends multiple times  :bc:   About 1500 on so far this season, half of them off trail.

Dude.  Marywannas are bad for you.  

I can buy a Lynx 146 turbo for less than 19 grand, or at least I could a week ago.  Think they're all sold out for next year.  That is one bad ass sled.  850 is less.

Last time I priced out a Doo, it wasn’t any cheaper than a comparable Polaris. That’s been a while though. 

10 minutes ago, HSR said:

Look the reflective option is for your Commie Canadians, mmm K? Around here, we don’t care if people can’t be seen in low light conditions. 

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

900 turbo is the best power/weight/refinement motor ever made for the trail.  IMO.  :bc:   

Dude, 2012 called.  They want a new, sorted out, next generation cat.  Cuz what they're selling now ain't much different than they were 10 years ago.

You're a brave one, given how many of their motors have been blowing up.  Come to think of it, the last Polaris I owned, an 18 Assault 800, blew up too.  

Could be. I’m still not buying one. I hardly ride the little 600 trail sled I have and I don’t do long mile days or backpack trips. I’m sure it would be better suited for that than my current sled. Mine is just fine for what I spent on it. 

• Haha 1

Just now, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Last time I priced out a Doo, it wasn’t any cheaper than a comparable Polaris. That’s been a while though. 

Look the reflective option is for your Commie Canadians, mmm K? Around here, we don’t care if people can’t be seen in low light conditions. 

Could be. I’m still not buying one. I hardly ride the little 600 trail sled I have and I don’t do long mile days or backpack trips. I’m sure it would be better suited for that than my current sled. Mine is just fine for what I spent on it. 

I've owned a fair range of sleds lately....12 cat 1100 turbo....14 Freeride 800....16 SKS 155....18 Assault 800....19 Renegade 900 turbo...20 Backcountry 850.  Each one had their strengths and weaknesses, but on the trail that 900 is so sweet, not as heavy as a Cat turbo, probably not as fast either,  but still fast enough to run down most 850s, cuz mine did.   No 62 buck a gallon MSRP Ski Doo oil, and 20+ mpg.  I'm a huge fan after putting 4000 miles on one and tweaking it a bit for better deep snow use.  I'm taking a huge change in what I want to ride next year.  i want to get back into saddlebag, big trail mile days in comfort.  And in the big country, those Expys are  becoming really popular.

16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Owned 2  since 2014 and zero motor issues.   Not saying all but sometimes motor issues come from customer caused issues.   Improper warm up Bing a big one.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Owned 2  since 2014 and zero motor issues.   Not saying all but sometimes motor issues come from customer caused issues.   Improper warm up Bing a big one.

In fairness, mine was bad gas and at 4000 miles.  We rode out to our lunch spot, topped off, and this happened about 5 miles later on a long straight.  It was on its 3rd season and out of warranty.  The quick fix was to pay the dealer 5700 for a new short block.  That was not happening and I wasn't going to miss riding time in the middle of the season, so I just bought a Ski Doo  :lol: :bc: 

28 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

In fairness, mine was bad gas and at 4000 miles.  We rode out to our lunch spot, topped off, and this happened about 5 miles later on a long straight.  It was on its 3rd season and out of warranty.  The quick fix was to pay the dealer 5700 for a new short block.  That was not happening and I wasn't going to miss riding time in the middle of the season, so I just bought a Ski Doo  :lol: :bc: 

Yep...bad gas causes a significant amount of engine failures.

In my riding group of probably 10 regulars we've probably owned 75+ new 2 strokes in the last 10 years between ours, wives and kids sleds.   All makes and not one engine failure.  In fact go back another decade and the same thing.

Edited by Highmark

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep...bad gas causes a significant amount of engine failures.

In my riding group of probably 10 regulars we've probably owned 75+ new 2 strokes in the last 10 years between ours, wives and kids sleds.   All makes and not one engine failure.  In fact go back another decade and the same thing.

Thats pretty remarkable.  I have been riding for over 50 years, and have had plenty of engine failures.  My 95 XCR600 comes to mind.  Bought it new, and it blew up 3 times in the first year.  I think the problem now vs. back then, is the cost of a modern day rebuild.  Almost 6 grand for a new motor?  GMAFB.  Doos are no better. :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Why a turbo for a flat land sled for 180-185 hp?

could easily do that with more CC and less complexity 

900 cc 2 stroke in the trail sleds saved for next year.  Let the mountain guys run them at altitude first.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I've owned a fair range of sleds lately....12 cat 1100 turbo....14 Freeride 800....16 SKS 155....18 Assault 800....19 Renegade 900 turbo...20 Backcountry 850.  Each one had their strengths and weaknesses, but on the trail that 900 is so sweet, not as heavy as a Cat turbo, probably not as fast either,  but still fast enough to run down most 850s, cuz mine did.   No 62 buck a gallon MSRP Ski Doo oil, and 20+ mpg.  I'm a huge fan after putting 4000 miles on one and tweaking it a bit for better deep snow use.  I'm taking a huge change in what I want to ride next year.  i want to get back into saddlebag, big trail mile days in comfort.  And in the big country, those Expys are  becoming really popular.

Since 2009, we’ve had 16 Polaris 800 sleds in our riding group of 5 guys. All ridden hard. 90% in deep snow/off trail situations. Mileage anywhere from 3500-8000 miles. One of the 2009’s went down from bad gas. I bought a used 2011 Assault that the previous owner put an RK Tek kit in. It ran horribly. The one with 8000 on it (2011 RMK) still has a factory sealed engine. Three 850’s so far. The ‘19 850 had all kinds of driveability issues but never blew up or left the owner stranded. 

Im not saying this because I believe that Polaris has never had an issue with an engine. I’m saying this because I still to this day believe that every bad one has been talked about on the internet and none of the good ones have been. 

If I did do long/high mileage/saddlebag rides, I would probably own a Doo four stroke. I don’t though because it’s not my kind of gig. I’d actually probably quit riding if that’s the only riding I could do, actually but to each their own. :bc:

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Thats pretty remarkable.  I have been riding for over 50 years, and have had plenty of engine failures.  My 95 XCR600 comes to mind.  Bought it new, and it blew up 3 times in the first year.  I think the problem now vs. back then, is the cost of a modern day rebuild.  Almost 6 grand for a new motor?  GMAFB.  Doos are no better. :lol: 

I actually was wrong.  One failure.   My 2011 Z1T.   Grenaded the motor with less than 300 miles.   Yes boosted but appeared the wrist pin circlip wasn't seated properly.  $4000 for entire new motor then including turbo.  That was dealer cost.  We've had some older sled motors go down (tcat's and what not) but those were all pushing jetting limits.  No "modern day" twins.

Good fuel and oil, proper warm up and indoor storage go a long ways in motor longevity.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Highmark said:

And years of testing.  Know someone who worked there in 2017 and it was in the latter stages of testing.   Burandt has had the factory turbo for at least 2 years before they were released according to his podcast last spring. 

And cris would not say shit if he had a moth full of it on libe.  He knew the new 850 was shit when it came out was litteraly  blowing every one they sent him breaking them in . Told a bud a local bud about it so he took his up close the the Canadian border for a first snow and blew that fucker with 25 mi on it . Chris did not say shit publicly ever about his entire fleet blowing up before the season even started .

Paid fluffer 

6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

And cris would not say shit if he had a moth full of it on libe.  He knew the new 850 was shit when it came out was litteraly  blowing every one they sent him breaking them in . Told a bud a local bud about it so he took his up close the the Canadian border for a first snow and blew that fucker with 25 mi on it . Chris did not say shit publicly ever about his entire fleet blowing up before the season even started .

Paid fluffer 

Absolutely a paid fluffier 

7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Paid fluffer 

Uh, isn’t that why a manufacturer would send someone a sled for testing?  To find all the bugs???  Ever heard of beta testing in software development?  That’s normal.

10 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Since 2009, we’ve had 16 Polaris 800 sleds in our riding group of 5 guys. All ridden hard. 90% in deep snow/off trail situations. Mileage anywhere from 3500-8000 miles. One of the 2009’s went down from bad gas. I bought a used 2011 Assault that the previous owner put an RK Tek kit in. It ran horribly. The one with 8000 on it (2011 RMK) still has a factory sealed engine. Three 850’s so far. The ‘19 850 had all kinds of driveability issues but never blew up or left the owner stranded. 

Im not saying this because I believe that Polaris has never had an issue with an engine. I’m saying this because I still to this day believe that every bad one has been talked about on the internet and none of the good ones have been

If I did do long/high mileage/saddlebag rides, I would probably own a Doo four stroke. I don’t though because it’s not my kind of gig. I’d actually probably quit riding if that’s the only riding I could do, actually but to each their own. :bc:

Exactly the same reason (in bold) that I question people’s claims about reliability with the Cat C-Tech2 800.

9 hours ago, Highmark said:

I actually was wrong.  One failure.   My 2011 Z1T.   Grenaded the motor with less than 300 miles.   Yes boosted but appeared the wrist pin circlip wasn't seated properly.  $4000 for entire new motor then including turbo.  That was dealer cost.  We've had some older sled motors go down (tcat's and what not) but those were all pushing jetting limits.  No "modern day" twins.

Good fuel and oil, proper warm up and indoor storage go a long ways in motor longevity.

I rolled that Ski Doo turbo a couple seasons ago, screwing around off trail, sled landed on the throttle and ran for almost 10 seconds before I could get the kill switch.  A week later, a rod came right through the case.  Dealer claims that by being upside down it oil starved the crank and thats what caused the failure.  Operator error, not warranteed, fortunately insurance covered it.  Anyhow, they wanted 11 freakin grand for a new motor.  I paid 12,800 for the sled new a season previous.  Ridiculous.

7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Paid fluffer 

Not surprising.  He knows who butters his bread.  Still sucks, but the flip side is if he was all public with it, it could really damage the brand, not to mention end his sponsorship.