Check your account email address ×

Fuckin Polaris did it

Rod

50 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Exactly the same reason (in bold) that I question people’s claims about reliability with the Cat C-Tech2 800.

For sure. I have a friend that has one that runs horribly but so did my 2009 Polaris 800. His hasn’t blown up and neither did mine. :dunno:

I think with the Cat though it’s more the fact that Cat talked shit about nailing an epa 800, took quite a while to actually bring it to market, and it’s pretty much having issues like all of the rest of them are. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?
  • Like 1

Personally I think that 900 is a bigger deal than the 850 boost. That thing is going to be a light switch with how much rotational inertia they've removed. In the deep that translates to unreal ability to recover track speed and get up on top of the powder. 

Snowest says the 900 will easily put 2-3 lengths on the 850 off the jump. That's huge in the pow. 

But on the subject of bad fuel, with a higher compression ratio than the 850, I wonder how many will blow up. 

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Personally I think that 900 is a bigger deal than the 850 boost. That thing is going to be a light switch with how much rotational inertia they've removed. In the deep that translates to unreal ability to recover track speed and get up on top of the powder. 

Snowest says the 900 will easily put 2-3 lengths on the 850 off the jump. That's huge in the pow. 

But on the subject of bad fuel, with a higher compression ratio than the 850, I wonder how many will blow up. 

Keep a spare.  :lmao:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, p51mstg said:

Uh, isn’t that why a manufacturer would send someone a sled for testing?  To find all the bugs???  Ever heard of beta testing in software development?  That’s normal.

Not a tester thus was tge whole rental fleet America sleds that were getting sent out to all snow checks . Oh and Polaris knew exactly what was going on and kept shipping not just shipping tge early build mountian checks but Dimond pounder checks . 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Got my order in. :fluffy:Going to replace some of the silver decals with red ones. 

1646152407255-productstill.png

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Matt said:

smart guys will have 2 sleds with no way to get them in season for awhile IMO.    Brett turcotte was talking on youtube about the 3 he is ordering a 9R,  turbo 155 and a 146 slash.  Something for all occassions.  

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

smart guys will have 2 sleds with no way to get them in season for awhile IMO.    Brett turcotte was talking on youtube about the 3 he is ordering a 9R,  turbo 155 and a 146 slash.  Something for all occassions.  

I've had 3 at the ready trail sleds for years.  Season is waaaay too short not to be prepared for a breakdown.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

I've had 3 at the ready trail sleds for years.  Season is waaaay too short not to be prepared for a breakdown.

My last years of sledding, I had both versions of the '07 Dragon 700CFI limited build, because I rode both powder and trails, but also because I didn't want the season to go to crap if either blew up.  Fortunately, neither did.  If I still rode, I'd probably keep an up-to-date Switchback 850 as my primary sled and have a late model Indy 600 around as a backup.  Those sleds are stone reliable, plenty quick to have fun, and are good to have around for guests, visitors, etc.

• Like 3