Check your account email address ×

Rumor mill thread...

30 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Life long Cat guy and looking to retire my 6000RR at the end of the season.  Cat really needs to drop a banger this year for me to buy a new Cat.  Maybe a used RXC or RR but definitely not a new one unless they make some big changes.

I like the 136 XCR but the Polaris motors just don't hold up like they should.  Do I buy another Cat 6000 and put another 10k trouble free miles on it or go with Polaris' new experiment and ruin half a season with it in the shop?

I think this year's quality control at Polaris has been a bigger concern than the engines themselves.  Look at guys like @Doug who put on some good miles each season (between 3K and 4K usually).  I also think @Ziemann is a good one to look at for input as I'm pretty sure he's been happy with the switch (minus his coolant hose debacle).  All things being equal with manufacturers needing to deal with the EPA bullshit ... they all have pretty equal reliability.

21 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

crnr2crnr's 22 rxc is heading to his driveway I think next week , no sense in keeping it if I can give it away to a nice person and get something used next fall since the market is so deflated. 

Fixed 

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Life long Cat guy and looking to retire my 6000RR at the end of the season.  Cat really needs to drop a banger this year for me to buy a new Cat.  Maybe a used RXC or RR but definitely not a new one unless they make some big changes.

I like the 136 XCR but the Polaris motors just don't hold up like they should.  Do I buy another Cat 6000 and put another 10k trouble free miles on it or go with Polaris' new experiment and ruin half a season with it in the shop?

Haven’t herd much on the new 650 Polaris but any of their twin cylinder engines under 800cc have been bomb proof over the years. Same with skidoo 

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Haven’t herd much on the new 650 Polaris but any of their twin cylinder engines under 800cc have been bomb proof over the years. Same with skidoo 

Unfortunately I know of more 650's down than 850's this year?

Most are under 500 miles.seems if you get by that your good to 4K!!

Not sure what the hell is going on with Polaris this year????

2 hours ago, X2700 said:

Unfortunately I know of more 650's down than 850's this year?

Most are under 500 miles.seems if you get by that your good to 4K!!

Not sure what the hell is going on with Polaris this year????

Wonder how much of it is flat out shitty quality control on the production lines?  I mean, the coolant hose debacle is costing a lot of people seat time this season (my riding buddy has 2 new 650's ... one for his wife & one for his daughter ... and both are in the shop until the coolant hose is in stock).  And it could have been 100% avoided if someone knew enough to line up marks during the build process.  I also wonder how many people are self inflicting themselves by taking delivery and just running their sleds in the garage off and on without really riding it ... and screwing up the break-in process?

5 hours ago, Bontz said:

I think this year's quality control at Polaris has been a bigger concern than the engines themselves.  Look at guys like @Doug who put on some good miles each season (between 3K and 4K usually).  I also think @Ziemann is a good one to look at for input as I'm pretty sure he's been happy with the switch (minus his coolant hose debacle).  All things being equal with manufacturers needing to deal with the EPA bullshit ... they all have pretty equal reliability.

My 2021 now has 6300 miles on with no issues.  Was using that until 2 weeks ago when my XCR came in.  That currently has 540 miles on.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Check in with Mag6240 he's been putting on some miles.  He's got a pic where his 2018 just turned 10,000 miles.  Friend has also a 2018 with 9200 miles and motor hasn't missed a beat.  On the other hand you do see some go down.  I'm on my 4th 850 and been getting a new sled every year lately.  The sleds that I've traded have all been around 4000 miles without issue.  My 2021 Maytrx which is my old that my wife now drives has 6300 miles.  I'll be riding with a guy on a 650 tomorrow. 

On 2/15/2022 at 8:15 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

This is going nowhere, just like Textron and Arctic Cat under their tutilage. 

Just to dispell your misguided beliefs here's a cartouche and breach of one toy.

IMG_20220215_202506445.jpg

Whoopie ding dong that doesn't change all your gun control points you've talked about.  If you think you're for guns but talk about all this gun control you don't understand history or people.

13 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

His is in the shop with exhaust valve issues.  Parts backordered to mid-March.

Yup, my '21 850 is.  My '18 800 is the one I'll be riding the rest of the season.

I think there is a difference from '18 to '21 for reliability.  But that is just a guess on my part, with the Covid issues and all.

11 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Yup, my '21 850 is.  My '18 800 is the one I'll be riding the rest of the season.

I think there is a difference from '18 to '21 for reliability.  But that is just a guess on my part, with the Covid issues and all.

Forget that theory, just had a 21 850 go down last weekend.  

On 2/16/2022 at 4:03 PM, Bontz said:

Wonder how much of it is flat out shitty quality control on the production lines?  I mean, the coolant hose debacle is costing a lot of people seat time this season (my riding buddy has 2 new 650's ... one for his wife & one for his daughter ... and both are in the shop until the coolant hose is in stock).  

There's no excuse for people being down due to the hose issue. Any simpleton can install a hose spice and you're back in service. I don't understand why people don't just fix it until a permanent solution is offered by Polaris. 

I think the overall design and engineering are decent. I agree 100% @Bontz that these are mostly quality control issues that can be corrected. I have several annoying issues with my '22 VR1, but nothing critical. I am at 1000 miles..... 

• Like 3