Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

3 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

Left to right, PTO, Center, Mag.....

20180327_221052.thumb.jpg.3550d0583cf4a47bc3005c55d923c76b.jpg

So the piston on the right is clean because of a coolant leak or no spark. That piston has been washed clean from most all carbon. No indication of being lean at all. 

Center piston is perfect. 

Left piston is slightly to moderately lean. Very little carbon washed at the transfer ports. I would be concerned with a piston that looked like the left piston unless it was babied all the way back to the trailer or something. 

Imo there was some sort of coolant leak that caused the mag side piston to be that clean. Nothing about that piston or the cylinder head and spark plug look lean. Just the opposite actually. The ground strap on the spark plug shows very little heat. That is not a lean condition at all. You can see on the grounding strap that the fuel:air ratio was rich on that cylinder. 

Show us the wxhaust side of the piston and skirt. A lean piston will be wasted on the exh side at least half way down to the skirt. 

Those cyls are nicasiled. You only want a slight hone with a cross hatch. Any aluminum buildup on the cyl wall has to be removed chemically with muriatic acid or something similar. 

Edited by AKIQPilot

I'm going with bad coil , stator , ground etc etc. 

Should have been able to see an issue with an oring to be eating that much coolant. 

That cylinder wasnt firing

37 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Should have been able to see an issue with an oring to be eating that much coolant. 

A definite posibility. I want to see the piston and cylinder skirts.  

I like how gs put the pistons all in a row but didnt orientate the wrist pin bores correctly. WTF.  More amature houre BS. 

This should be an easy fix. 

Edited by AKIQPilot

7 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

A definite posibility. I want to see the piston and cylinder skirts.  

I like how gs put the pistons all in a row but didnt orientate the wrist pin bores correctly. WTF.  More amature houre BS. 

This should be an easy fix. 

Lol wgas about that? Amateur hour my ass, I know how they go back In the bores.

Just now, GreenStreak said:

Your posting pics for people to help you with and its tough to even get a feel for the wash when the pistons are hap hazard and you cant tell where the transfer ports are etc etc.

You're overlooking some really important stuff here GS. 

8 hours ago, f7ben said:

Its an Arctic Cat

8 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Its an Arctic Cat

My triple cat ran like a scalded dog for 600 trail miles this year......really a fun project. I love riding it on smooth trails 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My triple cat ran like a scalded dog for 600 trail miles this year......really a fun project. I love riding it on smooth trails 

I thought you were riding a CFR? Arent those twins?

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

I thought you were riding a CFR? Arent those twins?

I put about 650 miles on the CFR and A little over 600 miles on the ZRT1000 and 260 miles on the Pro-S this year and 50 miles on my buds old XCR :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 3/27/2018 at 12:01 AM, GreenStreak said:

Ben did you not see how lean, how shitty the piston wash was on the mag piston? Its my fault ya dumb fuck. I knew it was going lean and i rode it anyway.  D&D told me the carb boot was cracked and I shrugged it off because I did not want to spend the money right then.  in reality I was going to buy one off eBay cuz it was way cheaper. I pulled a bonehead move  and now it's going to cost me, so screw you. Happy now?20180319_154129.thumb.jpg.7bc6eac200701f0d9cf8a8f5f32f4f32.jpg

Make up your mind.

Hey Al, instead of trying to catch me in a lie or some stupid shit, why not try to offer an opinion or help with some good info? Oh wait.... This can't be fixed with paint and brush, so carry on with acting like an asshole. I'm sorry sir!

• Thanks 1

I’m still going with a coolant leak. The coolant washed the lubrication off the skirts and scuffed the piston. That is for sure not a lean burn down. There isnt even the slightest amount of aluminum missing from the top edge of the piston on the exhaust side. And no aluminum was drug across the top ring and ring groove. 

Not a lean burn down. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

The pic you posted of all three piston tops, you had them in different orientations...ie exhaust side up and down. Mag side is pointing down

24 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

Numb-nuts, I did not think that was a lean burn down I think the PTO side was a lean burn down if you look at that fucking piston

Which cylinder do you think was giving you issues??? The one that has very little carbon build up came out of which side?

Did you do.....a Leak down test? Compression test? Don't care so much the number as how even they are across all three. Check for good spark on all the cylinders? Check to see if the crank is in phase? Reeds good...no warped petals or chipped corners? Do you notice any change in idle?

Any coolant come out of the pipes when you pulled them off? Any show up on the spark plugs? Was the coolant bottle pressurized? No sweet smell?

Edited by Skidooski

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

The pic you posted of all three piston tops, you had them in different orientations...ie exhaust side up and down. Mag side is pointing down

Which cylinder do you think was giving you issues??? The one that has very little carbon build up came out of which side?

Did you do.....a Leak down test? Compression test? Don't care so much the number as how even they are across all three. Check for good spark on all the cylinders? Check to see if the crank is in phase? Reeds good...no warped petals or chipped corners? Do you notice any change in idle?

All 3 were 120 psi. Nothing wrong with the reeds but I am replacing them with boyesens. Stator is brand new quality rebuild I had bright blue spark on all three not sure what they were when it started bogging and dying I think Ben is right I believe the mag side cylinder head an antifreeze leak in it and washed that piston down. The PTO side was lean.