Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I believe you will be all good Jim, a couple bad winters and summers can be devastating if you have a lot of units on FP.. But nobody can take away their knowledge.. By no means are they a shady company or anything,  shit just happens..

Ahhh....got ya.:thumbsup::ylsuper:

10 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I believe you will be all good Jim, a couple bad winters and summers can be devastating if you have a lot of units on FP.. But nobody can take away their knowledge.. By no means are they a shady company or anything,  shit just happens..

I can attest to sled's sitting around.  Saw it many times in the winter when we rode in for a part or just to snoop around the showroom.  I know if I lived within an hour away like i'm sure GS does, and don't have a heated place to work on it in the winter, and maybe just didn't feel totally confident in my motor mechanical abilitys, i'd run it up there and drop it off and let them set everything up so it's turn key.  Especially an outfit like that that's been around the block a time or two and knows their shit.  Don't know GS's story just backing up what rigid said.

They seemed to get pretty big pretty fast a couple of years ago, taking on new cat sleds and yamaha.  Then, we had a bunch of shit winters that didn't help.  They're location in the area they're in might not have helped either.  Most traffic comes from the south to get up there and ride, and they just happened to be at the northernmost end of all the action.  Who wants to drive an extra hour north to fetch a sled or parts and then head south again to get to their camp or hotel, after driving a few hours just to get there?

32 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

This is just frigged!

FA93630D-2B8B-4F2E-8B1B-BF7CC53FAD8B.png

He makes some pretty sick stuff.  I'd like to hear these screaming at 9200, although the turbo might make kill the sound a bit.    :bc:  

18 minutes ago, sledderj said:

He makes some pretty sick stuff.  I'd like to hear these screaming at 9200, although the turbo might make kill the sound a bit.    :bc:  

Ive never been a fan of his atv stuff.

1 hour ago, DISABLED DAVE said:

Ive never been a fan of his atv stuff.

Back before turbo's became a thing, his custom pipes for big bores were pretty well regarded.  I never owned a set but they sure looked damn sexy.  :barney:

18 minutes ago, sledderj said:

Back before turbo's became a thing, his custom pipes for big bores were pretty well regarded.  I never owned a set but they sure looked damn sexy.  :barney:

They are just insanely loud on an atv...i had to wear earplugs even with a helmet on.

Ben did you not see how lean, how shitty the piston wash was on the mag piston? Its my fault ya dumb fuck. I knew it was going lean and i rode it anyway.  D&D told me the carb boot was cracked and I shrugged it off because I did not want to spend the money right then.  in reality I was going to buy one off eBay cuz it was way cheaper. I pulled a bonehead move  and now it's going to cost me, so screw you. Happy now?20180319_154129.thumb.jpg.7bc6eac200701f0d9cf8a8f5f32f4f32.jpg

Edited by GreenStreak

9 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

Ben did you not see how lean, how shitty the piston wash was on the mag piston? Its my fault ya dumb fuck. I knew it was going lean and i rode it anyway.  D&D told me the carb boot was cracked and I shrugged it off because I did not want to spend the money right then.  in reality I was going to buy one off eBay cuz it was way cheaper. I pulled a bonehead move  and now it's going to cost me, so screw you. Happy now?20180319_154129.thumb.jpg.7bc6eac200701f0d9cf8a8f5f32f4f32.jpg

bad move 

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

That mag piston looks way rich not lean GS. The center looks perfect

you are blind or an idiot. The mag piston has most of the wash burned off it. There is only black on the front edge.

Edited by GreenStreak

1 minute ago, GreenStreak said:

you are blind or an idiot. The mag piston has most of the wash burned off it.

I think you better google what piston wash means you fucking moron :lol: that bare aluminum is where unburned fuel has "washed" the piston. The center is perfect

Dont fucking tell me about tuning snowmobile engines you fucking idiot 

2 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

you are blind or an idiot. The mag piston has most of the wash burned off it.

Well you ran a sled with a bad carb boot so sounds like you’re the idiot. :lol:

184115d1262942436-2000-tcat-piston-wash-pics-pic_0349.jpg

Here is a pic of a tcat piston that is still a bit too rich. See how much wash there is at the 4 transfer ports???? You only want about a finger nail of wash there and the rest should be a nice carbon color.