Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

Hey Al, instead of trying to catch me in a lie or some stupid shit, why not try to offer an opinion or help with some good info? Oh wait.... This can't be fixed with paint and brush, so carry on with acting like an asshole. I'm sorry sir!

I’m trying to learn something here and your babbling and misspeaking makes it tough and yeah I’m a painter....you’re a mechanic....what’s your fucking excuse?

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I’m still going with a coolant leak. The coolant washed the lubrication off the skirts and scuffed the piston. That is for sure not a lean burn down. There isnt even the slightest amount of aluminum missing from the top edge of the piston on the exhaust side. And no aluminum was drug across the top ring and ring groove. 

Not a lean burn down. 

Okay thanks Tom I wasn't sure

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m trying to learn something here and your babbling and misspeaking makes it tough and yeah I’m a painter....you’re a mechanic....what’s your fucking excuse?

My excuse? I wish you would have a little more patience Jim I don't have any beefs with you and yet you try to make one with me so whatever

5 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

Okay thanks Tom I wasn't sure

I would be a little concerned with the PTO cylinder too. Maybe that is the side with the cracked carb boot. It needs close inspection for sure. Not terrible lean but a little lean for sure. 

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I would be a little concerned with the PTO cylinder too. Maybe that is the side with the cracked carb boot. It needs close inspection for sure. Not terrible lean but a little lean for sure. 

All three had cracks in them but the mag side was the worst. Doesn't matter anymore anyway because I have 3 brand new carb boots coming in the mail

31 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

All three had cracks in them but the mag side was the worst. Doesn't matter anymore anyway because I have 3 brand new carb boots coming in the mail

Thats good but i would still pay close attention to the PTO side. Something is going on there. It may be as simple as jetting. It may be something else. Dont just ignore it or think the new carb boots have fixed the problem. No sense in making this more expensive than it needs to be. :bc:  

35 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Thats good but i would still pay close attention to the PTO side. Something is going on there. It may be as simple as jetting. It may be something else. Dont just ignore it or think the new carb boots have fixed the problem. No sense in making this more expensive than it needs to be. :bc:  

On the Bold... I was leaning towards this theory as well.... 

I don't know about the cat triple, but I do remember that the polaris 650 triple, as an example, had a different jet size for each of the Mag, Cen and PTO.

Edited by Blizzman

13 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Staggered jetting is fine. You give each cylinder what it wants.

Of course its fine.. Point I think here is that during a rbuild, it is important to make sure that each carb was put back to the proper cylinder so that the jetting is correct for each cylinder.

Some don't know this and reasemble thinking it doesnt matter which carb goes where. 

9 minutes ago, Blizzman said:

Of course its fine.. Point I think here is that during a rbuild, it is important to make sure that each carb was put back to the proper cylinder so that the jetting is correct for each cylinder.

Some don't know this and reasemble thinking it doesnt matter which carb goes where. 

If someone is tearing down a motor not labeling things and keeping track then they should have someone else rebuild it for them. Label them P, C & M or 1, 2 & 3. Carbs, cylinders, Heads / domes, Exh valves etc. Everything is dedicated to a specific cylinder.  :bc: 

• Thanks 1

Usually the center cylinder is leanest on these motors. 

Gs....did you run the  motor much after the exchanger started leaking. If it got hot that could explain a lot.

On 3/27/2018 at 12:01 AM, GreenStreak said:

Ben did you not see how lean, how shitty the piston wash was on the mag piston? 

On 3/27/2018 at 12:10 AM, f7ben said:

That mag piston looks way rich not lean GS. The center looks perfect

On 3/27/2018 at 10:20 AM, GreenStreak said:

you are blind or an idiot. The mag piston has most of the wash burned off it. There is only black on the front edge.

On 3/27/2018 at 11:34 AM, GreenStreak said:

The mag piston has almost no carbon color on it. 

On 3/27/2018 at 1:09 PM, GreenStreak said:

The mag plug was pure white. Carbs are spotless. While waiting on new boots from ebay, I rode it with a bad carb boot.

On 3/27/2018 at 4:22 PM, GreenStreak said:

Ok, if the mag side is rich what could cause it?

15 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

Dude, it's pure white.

4 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

Numb-nuts, I did not think that was a lean burn down I think the PTO side was a lean burn down if you look at that fucking piston

You are a fucking moron GS........you fucking type all this shit and then lie about what you just typed. :lol: get fucked you retard 

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

My bet is anti freeze leaking in on the clean piston. Guys clean model airplane engines in crock pots with anti freeze all the time cleans carbon right off.

antifreeze is terrible for aluminum 

1 minute ago, Frostynuts said:

Not if you use the correct type.

Correct.......its not good for pistons although maybe part of that is burning it. I had an engine that had been eating coolant slowly for quite some time and the pistons literally crumbled. I had never seen anything like that. I bought it used and didnt know it was consuming coolant. I got fucked by a supposedly reputable dealer :lol: 

17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

antifreeze is terrible for aluminum 

It may be, but it cleans the hell out it, and his piston dome looks like one I had on my XCr when an O ring leaked.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

It may be, but it cleans the hell out it, and his piston dome looks like one I had on my XCr when an O ring leaked.

Very well could be......

3 hours ago, Blizzman said:

All the jets are the same. I also marked each carburetor before they came off.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Usually the center cylinder is leanest on these motors. 

Gs....did you run the  motor much after the exchanger started leaking. If it got hot that could explain a lot.

No. And if I did I kept a close eye on the coolant level.

I don't know Cat triples but on the Doo triple, if the water pump seals go bad it will pull coolant around, past the pump gear and main bearing and right into the bottom of the Mag cylinder. Is this a similar case with T Cat's?

GS did you clean and re-lube the crank and main bearings before it starts to get corrosion?

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

I don't know Cat triples but on the Doo triple, if the water pump seals go bad it will pull coolant around, past the pump gear and main bearing and right into the bottom of the Mag cylinder. Is this a similar case with T Cat's?

GS did you clean and re-lube the crank and main bearings before it starts to get corrosion?

No....balance shaft

21 hours ago, f7ben said:

Correct.......its not good for pistons although maybe part of that is burning it. I had an engine that had been eating coolant slowly for quite some time and the pistons literally crumbled. I had never seen anything like that. I bought it used and didnt know it was consuming coolant. I got fucked by a supposedly reputable dealer :lol: 

Did it come with a tool kit at least?

• Like 1

Got the old front heat exchanger cut out and mocking in the 97 Zrt600 one from ebay. It's a perfect fit. Bottom of the exchanger is getting stainless 1/4" bolts and stainless nylocs and the sides are getting tig welded back. Happy with it so far. 20180329_160302.thumb.jpg.70ee90fd68893ac1478319d5a9e307ad.jpg20180330_132036.thumb.jpg.1048a0f0bc0a7e787af0868883dbf928.jpg20180330_132224.thumb.jpg.c71a738db89909ded7802992c3111ea1.jpg