Check your account email address ×

John Madden R.I.P.

• Gold Member
56 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I gotta say @MainecatI think your head is fucked but this video made me laugh my ass off.  Thank you for that.  I was watching the brett farve parodies with calliendo and all but this is for sure classic and top of the list.  I wonder how number 8 feels about it???

• Like 1

If aliens were to come down from outer space and wanted to know what a football player is, you'd show them Brett Favre

first thing my wife said before letting me know of his passing and something we will both always remember and laugh about

Madden was the Howard Cosell of football, and always will be

RIP Coach

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

You knew it was getting close with all the talk and high praise over the last mo . 

Yep.  I loved listening to him though.

9 hours ago, poopooforme said:

Now I see Harry Reid just died as well.  Probably just to take the thunder from Madden.....   Fuckin liberals its just never enough.  Always got to be about you....

Harry Reid…pffft.  Burn in hell you retard.

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

If aliens were to come down from outer space and wanted to know what a football player is, you'd show them Brett Favre

first thing my wife said before letting me know of his passing and something we will both always remember and laugh about

Madden was the Howard Cosell of football, and always will be

RIP Coach

Yep and X2

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

LOL

The NBA is worse today. It’s like the LA gang v/s the NY gang. Run down the court stop at the 3 take a shot make it, do a stupid dance then run back down the court and watch the other team do the same. Rinse and repeat 30 OR so times a game. No strategy anymore, no plays Fuckin boring.  

When greedy owners let players recruit their team mates it was over for the NBA

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The NBA is worse today. It’s like the LA gang v/s the NY gang. Run down the court stop at the 3 take a shot make it, do a stupid dance then run back down the court and watch the other team do the same. Rinse and repeat 30 OR so times a game. No strategy anymore, no plays Fuckin boring.  

Not too often that you and I agree with stuff, but this is one of those times.  The NBA is a complete joke, and anyone who pays to go to an NBA game needs mental help.  Unfortunately the NBA has spread it's crappy style to the younger generation too, as AAU ball is the same garbage.  No concept of team, whatsoever.  it's all about who can make the highlight reel.

• Like 3

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Been like that for years. Michael Jordan was the worst thing for Basketball and I say that as a fan of His.  Thats what started taking the teamwork out and focused on a Star player. 

Everyone has tried to be the next MJ since. Iverson, Kobe, Lebron, etc...

I enjoyed the Celtics for a few years back when Pierce/Garnett/Allen where around but its all rigged. Once I realized that I never watched another game. Team sports nowadays are just lame as fuck. 

4 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Been like that for years. Michael Jordan was the worst thing for Basketball and I say that as a fan of His.  Thats what started taking the teamwork out and focused on a Star player. 

I enjoyed the Celtics for a few years back when Pierce/Garnett/Allen where around but its all rigged. Once I realized that I never watched another game. Team sports nowadays are just lame as fuck. 

The downfall of the NBA has been allowing players to pick and choose where to go and forming these so-called "Super Teams".  I blame it on LeBron mostly.  Yes, Kobe and Shaq kind of started it, but the true move to this, "Hey man, let's get together with so and so & go to this team" really began with LeBron going to Miami.  That mentality, and the rules changes that don't allow a player to even breathe on a guy or it's a foul, is asinine.  Jordan demanded his teammates work their asses off - and there's nothing wrong with how the Bulls operated during that time.

All that said, RIP to Madden.  He was truly one of the best, and I really miss the days of him & Pat Summerall doing play by play.  There will never be another combo as good as those two!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I agree, but I think the absolute worst has been Lebron / LeKaren. Fuck him and the NBA. :middlefinger

Edited by CFM
  • Like 2

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Bontz said:

The downfall of the NBA has been allowing players to pick and choose where to go and forming these so-called "Super Teams".  I blame it on LeBron mostly.  Yes, Kobe and Shaq kind of started it, but the true move to this, "Hey man, let's get together with so and so & go to this team" really began with LeBron going to Miami.  That mentality, and the rules changes that don't allow a player to even breathe on a guy or it's a foul, is asinine.  Jordan demanded his teammates work their asses off - and there's nothing wrong with how the Bulls operated during that time.

All that said, RIP to Madden.  He was truly one of the best, and I really miss the days of him & Pat Summerall doing play by play.  There will never be another combo as good as those two!!

15 minutes ago, CFM said:

I agree, but I think the absolute worst has been Lebron / LeKaren. Fuck him and the NBA. :middlefinger

Totally agree, I just ment its unfortunate that MJ was the worst for the sport...not because of Him personally, but because everyone has tried to be like Him since when they are not even close. 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 2

Basketball sucks donkey balls as does Lebron James.

All one needs to do is watch the last 3 minutes of every game. Anything more is just a waste of time. 

lebron-james-lebron.gif

• Like 2