Check your account email address ×

For those that fall in love with their car.

My first car....77 Mercury Capri.  They were built in Germany back then, and the coolest little cars.  Cost 4000 brand new.  4 cylinder base model Ford motor, in a tight little chassis that handled like it was on rails.  I had one of these in blue.

R.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

My first car....77 Mercury Capri.  They were built in Germany back then, and the coolest little cars.  Cost 4000 brand new.  4 cylinder base model Ford motor, in a tight little chassis that handled like it was on rails.  I had one of these in blue.

R.jpg

Had one as well with a 2.8 6 cylinder. Thought that it was a race car. "Power" shifted once and promptly had the shifter in my hand. Metal was the gauge of a bud can.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

R.jpg

Had a 1979 Capri with the 5.0.  Loved that car, so much fun for a high school kid.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Had one as well with a 2.8 6 cylinder. Thought that it was a race car. "Power" shifted once and promptly had the shifter in my hand. Metal was the gauge of a bud can.

Ooooh, that was the fancy hot rod version.  I was still in college that couldn't afford that one, mine was a base model  :lol:   :bc: 

• Platinum Contributing Member

My first car 1983 VW Rabbit GTI, 1.8L 5spd, Intrax lowering springs, Center force dual friction clutch, Recaro bucket seats, Throttle body, Jacobs ignition. Little car was a ripper

1983-vw-rabbit.jpg

• Thanks 2

Speaking of cars - anyone have a leased vehicle coming due soon??  DO NOT TRADE IT IN!!!

Little woman's son got the Shiny new car bug and actually found something he likes.  He's currently driving a 2019 Jetta that the stealership wants him to "Trade In" on it.  The stated lease buyout is $13,700 plus tax and license..... These things are going for $20k plus!  Buying a car out at the end of a lease is a NO BRAINER right now!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

My first car 1983 VW Rabbit GTI, 1.8L 5spd, Intrax lowering springs, Center force dual friction clutch, Recaro bucket seats, Throttle body, Jacobs ignition. Little car was a ripper

1983-vw-rabbit.jpg

Mine was an 84

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

1983-vw-rabbit.jpg

You should have kept it. 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1984-volkswagen-rabbit-gti-8/

• Haha 1

My first car was a pos 74 Austin marina gt with  no revese. I bought it for 200 bucks when I was 15 and parked it around the neighborhood cuz seeing as I had no DL and was prob not allowed to have a car lol.

Total pile of shit shortly after I got it had to always park on a hill to boot starter chewed a few to many teeth off the flywheel lol. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

My first car was a pos 74 Austin marina gt with  no revese. I bought it for 200 bucks when I was 15 and parked it around the neighborhood cuz seeing as I had no DL and was prob not allowed to have a car lol.

Total pile of shit shortly after I got it had to always park on a hill to boot starter chewed a few to many teeth off the flywheel lol. 

:lol: 

my first Omni was like that.  I would push it down the street in the morning and keep it running until I picked up some buddies.   Thank god it always started. 

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

1940 Chevrolet pickup.

Absolutely the dumbest thing I ever sold.

I had 3 I wish I still had. 67 SS Camaro , 66 Chevy Nova and a 69 Barracuda fastback/ 340. Hopefully the 73 Vette will be a winner when I'm done

16 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

R.jpg

LoL I had a 78 in signal orange just like that

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

:lol: 

my first Omni was like that.  I would push it down the street in the morning and keep it running until I picked up some buddies.   Thank god it always started. 

Worked at a Dodge dealer when the Omni came out. They came out with the Omni GLH which was turboed. Had almost as much torque steer as a Dodge Colt turbo of the same gen.