High Mileage Vehicles

What kind of Frankenstein are you still keeping alive until COVID car pricing is over? 

Wife drives a 12 Venza that's in great condition with only 130k we'll probably give to our daughter in a year or two and replace hers with a hybrid or EV 

My personal science project is an 06 Tahoe that just rolled 276k on the way home.  Runs great, drives great, salt is starting to take it's toll but I plan to get one more winter and 300k+ out of it.  Then hopefully replace it in spring.  

Update 3/1/2022 

Frankenstein rolled 10,000 engine hours today on the way home from work... or 416.6666666666667 days.  

Onwards to 300K we go before summer.  :lmao:

thumbnail_IMG_20220301_165317019.jpg

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

• Platinum Contributing Member

237k on my company vehicle, 2011 Escape Limited, Honestly the thing runs so dang good I hope they don't get me anything anytime soon. Don't plan on replacement of my personal vehicle anytime soon either, 120k on that and it's flawless..

1993 Ford Ranger (lot truck) 298,xxx kms

1997 Subaru WRX (daily )239,xxx kms

2004 Subaru Forester (wife) 233,xxx kms

2006 Silverado 1500 (newest addition) 241,xxx kms

No intention of buying anything new. It is much cheaper to keep the old ones going than to make payments on new stuff.

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Not concerned about pandemic prices…. They are here to stay and will only get more expensive with material costs, labor cost, demand and inflation increasesI have 2 vehicles on order.  Hopefully the first one comes in next month and hopefully the other comes in mid summer.  

just a 2012 silverAdo with 139k so far.   i have ZEro interest in replacing it so im hoping it holds together a while.... like 100k miles more while.

the bike is getting miled up some too with 43k but that will end up with a total engine overhaul before replacement also.  Ive always held on to veHIkles longer than i prolly should but shits just stupid money these days.

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Sold my pickups, Im down to just my 2002 Escalade about to hit 200k.  6.0 Awd and suspension all redone with heavy duty springs out back/deleted the air ride.....planned on getting a newer 3/4 ton pickup this year but with current used prices yeah no thanks ill wait and just drive the Caddy for the Winter.

Wife just got a brand new Civic Sport. Made absolutely no sense to buy used. 

Also got two project cars but they dont count lol. 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

My work truck 

Rune em till they need to be hauld to the yard if they are not nickel and dime turds you know like a gm 

16346812354918429594478236922191.jpg

my old boss got 486k+ out of the original 6.0 in our company truck and that mf'r got worked hard.  

the irony being that domestic trucks in the last 20 yet have come leaps and bounds forward in power train longevity, but due to excessive road salt useage, the bodies go long before the drivetrain.

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

my old boss got 486k+ out of the original 6.0 in our company truck and that mf'r got worked hard.  

the irony being that domestic trucks in the last 20 yet have come leaps and bounds forward in power train longevity, but due to excessive road salt useage, the bodies go long before the drivetrain.

They dont even reach for sand here any more, its right to the calcium chloride to pre treat then over maintain with excessive amounts of salt.   :thumbdown:

• Sad 1

Gave up on the new truck every 2-3 years deal, back when Covid first hit. 

2006 Silverado HD - 220,000

2006 Grand Prix - 190,000

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee- 210,000

I don’t plan to replace either of mine soon and the wife won’t let that GC go for nothing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

What kind of Frankenstein are you still keeping alive until COVID car pricing is over? 

Wife drives a 12 Venza that's in great condition with only 130k we'll probably give to our daughter in a year or two and replace hers with a hybrid or EV 

My science project is an 06 Tahoe that just rolled 276k on the way home.  Runs great, drives great, salt is starting to take it's toll but I plan to get one more winter and 300k+ out of it.  Then hopefully replace it in spring.  

Ever had any trans. issues.

15 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Gave up on the new truck every 2-3 years deal, back when Covid first hit. 

2006 Silverado HD - 220,000

2006 Grand Prix - 190,000

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee- 210,000

I don’t plan to replace either of mine soon and the wife won’t let that GC go for nothing. 

Every good tech I've ever known runs high milers. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, CFM said:

We have s civic at 265k. Salt is getting on the body now though. Bummer. 

Oh fuck you! You smarmy cunt,  I was winning the most miles competition, and then you come in all....I got a Honda civic..blah blah..You stole my thunder!..:finger:

:lol::bc:

Edited by Rigid1
Spell check changes cunt to can't

1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

1993 Ford Ranger (lot truck) 298,xxx kms

1997 Subaru WRX (daily )239,xxx kms

2004 Subaru Forester (wife) 233,xxx kms

2006 Silverado 1500 (newest addition) 241,xxx kms

No intention of buying anything new. It is much cheaper to keep the old ones going than to make payments on new stuff.

Subbies run forever. Just need to keep the coolant fresh to protect the head gaskets.