Check your account email address ×

Snowmobile of the year tbh

Rod

7 hours ago, CFM said:

So do the AC guys switching over buy Polaris or Skidoo ? That would be a stat to see.

I’ve seen them go to both fairly evenly on HCS.  The ones that go poo stay on HCS…the ones that go Doo head over to DooTalk and aren’t heard from much more.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CFM said:

So do the AC guys switching over buy Polaris or Skidoo ? That would be a stat to see.

My riding group was almost 100% cat up until a few years ago. Now it’s mostly doos and poos. I honestly believe cat can compete again with something new…still waiting.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Outside of the front end the matrix has nothing on doo. Doo has a better motor, better rear skid and better fit and finish. If the smart shocks work as advertised the front end will be as good or better than polaris. 

I really want to buy a matrix but the motor issues and rear skid stop me every time 

There is no motor issue on the Poo 850, but of course you think the world is flat so we shouldn't be surprised you are confused.

26 minutes ago, Edmo said:

My riding group was almost 100% cat up until a few years ago. Now it’s mostly doos and poos. I honestly believe cat can compete again with something new…still waiting.

Same, now there is only one.  

Edited by Deephaven

What? People are leaving Cat?

All they had to do was offer SOMETHING for their 60th Anniversary such as a special 60th Anniversary sled, retro sled like they did for the 50th, or a new sled/ chassis, and I would gladly have put my money on a new Cat. 

I ordered a new Poo. Once you lose your customer base, it's tough to get them back.

My wife still rides a Cat as does my regular riding buddy (retired Cat factory guy)- who @Zambroski also knows. He'd rather die than ride anything else. But those guys are disappearing quickly....

22 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Another SG SOTY award issues before the first snow!  Hooray!

:lmao:

Let Poo-loaders and Dootards fight about this meaningless spatter.

Well, I mean, if the Cat guys had even a shred of skin in this game then maybe they could join in the banter. 

21 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah, but I generally never hooked it to myself.  That was on me I guess.  :bc: 

I always seem to forget mine until I see someone have a  whiskey throttle get off and then it’s is like, oh yeah, that thing. Better clip it on. :lol:

16 hours ago, EvilBird said:

The Pandemic is still going I thought? 

Only in the minds of the weak. 

36 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Ours was always a good mix until the past 2-3 years or so. Now everyone is on a Polaris except for two Cat guys who are trying to find the Polaris sleds they want so they can off their Cats. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Dealer had a 2022 850 Gade XRS that someone "backed out of" that I bought last week.   Hopefully be in and complete by Xmas.   Freshening up the fleet.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Ziemann said:

All they had to do was offer SOMETHING for their 60th Anniversary such as a special 60th Anniversary sled, retro sled like they did for the 50th, or a new sled/ chassis, and I would gladly have put my money on a new Cat. 

I ordered a new Poo. Once you lose your customer base, it's tough to get them back.

My wife still rides a Cat as does my regular riding buddy (retired Cat factory guy)- who @Zambroski also knows. He'd rather die than ride anything else. But those guys are disappearing quickly....

We’ll see what the future holds but, looking at what Textron has done….I’m not selling my Doo gear.  I’ll roll with this one this year…maybe one SX again then, it may be time to jump.

2 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Well, I mean, if the Cat guys had even a shred of skin in this game then maybe they could join in the banter. 

I always seem to forget mine until I see someone have a  whiskey throttle get off and then it’s is like, oh yeah, that thing. Better clip it on. :lol:

Only in the minds of the weak. 

Ours was always a good mix until the past 2-3 years or so. Now everyone is on a Polaris except for two Cat guys who are trying to find the Polaris sleds they want so they can off their Cats. 

Skin?  Naww.  One of the things I realized when every publication fawned over the Doo XP’s when I rode one was, it made it seem like they were the best sled out there for everyone.  Then, I rode my buddies Cat XC for 10 miles. That was it for me.  I’m actually proud that my brand fits so little riders out there.  Unfortunately, that attribute is prolly gonna be the end of the brand.  That and more idiots at the helm of Cat.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

We’ll see what the future holds but, looking at what Textron has done….I’m not selling my Doo gear.  I’ll roll with this one this year…maybe one SX again then, it may be time to jump.

Skin?  Naww.  One of the things I realized when every publication fawned over the Doo XP’s when I rode one was, it made it seem like they were the best sled out there for everyone.  Then, I rode my buddies Cat XC for 10 miles. That was it for me.  I’m actually proud that my brand fits so little riders out there.  Unfortunately, that attribute is prolly gonna be the end of the brand.  That and more idiots at the helm of Cat.

I haven’t ridden a G4 trail sled yet but I didn’t think the XR/XS was too bad in XRS form. No love for the XP or original Rev. The PC is ok but nothing about it really makes me jump around about it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I haven’t ridden a G4 trail sled yet but I didn’t think the XR/XS was too bad in XRS form. No love for the XP or original Rev. The PC is ok but nothing about it really makes me jump around about it. 

Yeah, I haven’t ridden one since my 11 XRS and don’t get me wrong, I had that thing tuned nicely.  It was a sweet performing sled for sure….but, it just felt disconnected from the trail.  Hard to describe I guess.

I wouldn’t have been surprised to have bought a Doo again this year.  Had one or two in my sights.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 8:49 AM, ACE said:

00A6D07B-EEF8-4F1E-BCA5-D369018C6FF0.jpeg

Wrong forum for this, but you're retarded so :dunno: 

On 10/3/2021 at 8:54 AM, Zambroski said:

Another SG SOTY award issues before the first snow!  Hooray!

:lmao:

Let Poo-loaders and Dootards fight about this meaningless spatter.

But they rode it around on a lake and at a press junket?

On 10/3/2021 at 9:03 AM, 800renegaderider said:

Well ski-doo is the best brand so it only makes sense there best snowmobile wins snowmobile of the year

Pit Grunt? 

:lol:

On 10/3/2021 at 10:44 AM, Ziemann said:

The Arctic Cat Blast isn't SotY? I'm shocked  (says no one but Jim Ramstad)

Media is Biased 

Jim claims to see them EVERYWHERE

14 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

You don't even want to know what I've been told by dealers..:thumbdown2:

I do.  Spill the beans

12 hours ago, jtssrx said:

How many miles do you have? What kind of maintenance have you done

Is there a flat earth snowmobile club ?

🌎

3 hours ago, Ziemann said:

No, everything is fine with Arctic Cat, just wait until Textron and that idiot from Atlanta shock the world.  

393988351_itsfine.jpg.88464d5335272e83858246a3e3749e77.jpg

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Outside of the front end the matrix has nothing on doo. Doo has a better motor, better rear skid and better fit and finish. If the smart shocks work as advertised the front end will be as good or better than polaris. 

I really want to buy a matrix but the motor issues and rear skid stop me every time 

I should have been more specific in that i feel the ergos are far better.  doo has better motor fit and finish. I hate how wide the doo is at the footwells in comparison.  rear skid of the Doo is good,  the front is not as good.  

• Like 2

On 10/4/2021 at 8:35 AM, Deephaven said:

There is no motor issue on the Poo 850, but of course you think the world is flat so we shouldn't be surprised you are confused.

Same, now there is only one.  

Polaris just issued a stop sale in the 2022 850's because there is an issue with a component in the motor. The 2019's had a bearing issue and the 2020's had a assembly issue. So spare me there is no issue bullshit. 

20 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

I should have been more specific in that i feel the ergos are far better.  doo has better motor fit and finish. I hate how wide the doo is at the footwells in comparison.  rear skid of the Doo is good,  the front is not as good.  

Spot on. I really really Really like the Maytrix. I really like the XCR this year and almost ordered one. 

7 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Polaris just issued a stop sale in the 2022 850's because there is an issue with a component in the motor. The 2019's had a bearing issue and the 2020's had a assembly issue. So spare me there is no issue bullshit. 

That is a parts supply issue, not a design issue.  The motor design itself is not the problem.

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

That is a parts supply issue, not a design issue.  The motor design itself is not the problem.

Who said it was a design issue? My point is there have been motor failures. Polaris gave out extra warranties to tons of customers on 2019 units as a result of all the issues. 

Parts supply issues are just as bad as a design flaw when it means the manufacturer is doing wholesale motor swaps.  At least Poo finally realizes they cannot let owners deal with trailside melt downs and drag them into dealers for engine replacements so they have that going for them. 

Overall they are making strides but need to do better even if that means tighter control over suppliers and overall quality of product. It's not just motors as they still cannot get drive bearings to last more than a few hundred miles but that keeps ranger rick flush with cash so good for him I guess.

27 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Parts supply issues are just as bad as a design flaw when it means the manufacturer is doing wholesale motor swaps.  At least Poo finally realizes they cannot let owners deal with trailside melt downs and drag them into dealers for engine replacements so they have that going for them. 

Overall they are making strides but need to do better even if that means tighter control over suppliers and overall quality of product. It's not just motors as they still cannot get drive bearings to last more than a few hundred miles but that keeps ranger rick flush with cash so good for him I guess.

Crazy

244454399_1218495841962219_5659939570309650805_n.jpg