Check your account email address ×

Barrett-Jackson

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

68/69/70 were pretty nice in their time then the power fell off and in 73 the chrome bumpers went away which looked worse IMO.  

73 still had a rear chrome bumper

74 had all plastic.

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

'72 Jimmy.

Sold for $45k. I'm not a GM fan but that is a beaut.

59ea9807d1f4c_72Jimmy.thumb.jpg.56eb0e9e2bf3ed37bd0b6123f9fad719.jpg

9 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Those bodies always sagged in the middle.

I don't follow the market at all anymore but for $45 large you'd think that right door would look a lot better than that.

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

68/69/70 were pretty nice in their time then the power fell off and in 73 the chrome bumpers went away which looked worse IMO.  

Meh, I really hated that chassis. At the time it was what it was but looking back it was really miserable. I don't really have much appreciation for most of those old muscle cars. The cars today are just far superior in every way. I couldn't see spending the kind of money they go for when you could get 10x the quality in a newer car for the same money.

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Meh, I really hated that chassis. At the time it was what it was but looking back it was really miserable. I don't really have much appreciation for most of those old muscle cars. The cars today are just far superior in every way. I couldn't see spending the kind of money they go for when you could get 10x the quality in a newer car for the same money.

You're buying that modern performance car for a much different purpose than these people are buying classic muscle cars.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

You're buying that modern performance car for a much different purpose than these people are buying classic muscle cars.

Yeah because the performance of those old cars suck in comparison. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Yeah because the performance of those old cars suck in comparison. 

At the track, yes. Most of these classic muscle cars will be lucky to see the street much less a track.

Old muscle cars don't have to "perform". They did it already 40 years ago. Now they just have to look good.

1 hour ago, Shifty said:

'15 Porsche 918 in a special one off color just went for 1.6 mil. 

High end exotics are skyrocketing in value right now.  If you'd have been buying stuff like Enzos, F40's, F50's, McLaren F1's etc, some of them have seen their price go up 5x or more.  

56 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

At the track, yes. Most of these classic muscle cars will be lucky to see the street much less a track.

Old muscle cars don't have to "perform". They did it already 40 years ago. Now they just have to look good.

Sure, but I'm not one of those guys that keeps a 30 year old bottle of Scotch for nostalgia, booze is for drinking and cars are for driving. 

31 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Sure, but I'm not one of those guys that keeps a 30 year old bottle of Scotch for nostalgia, booze is for drinking and cars are for driving. 

You give me a ratty $3000 C4 Vette, I'm beating the ever living piss out of it, because I can.

You give me a $3,000,000 Ferrari Enzo, I'm driving the hell out of it, because it is a Ferrari Enzo.  I'd daily driving that Pasta Pony!

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

You give me a ratty $3000 C4 Vette, I'm beating the ever living piss out of it, because I can.

You give me a $3,000,000 Ferrari Enzo, I'm driving the hell out of it, because it is a Ferrari Enzo.  I'd daily driving that Pasta Pony!

Exactly!

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2017 at 8:43 PM, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I owned a 76. How many did you own?

3, had a 77 with 48k on it, had a white 76 with red interior with 12k on it, even had the origibal firestones, and currently own my dads 77 he bought in 1981

C3 vettes are a bit crude and in stock form slow, but there was a gas shortage in the 70s thats to blame for low hp, but is there another engine thats cheaper to add hp too?

Same car same house, 1981 and 2016

20160820_120315.jpg

20161028_211130.jpg

Edited by MiSledder
  • Like 2