Check your account email address ×

While all of you are worrying about Afghanistan, this is what's trying to be snuck into legislation that should have everyone concerned.

As Congress debates the 2022 federal budget, language remains in place that would require banks and other financial institutions to report to the IRS all business and personal account deposits and withdrawals with a balance of more than $600. 

I know there are many here that would share my concerns about this overreach. I don't have any thing to hide, but I also don't want to spend my time defending something that someone thinks might be suspicious because they have access to my bank accounts.  

You might want to contact your representative on this one.  

Here is an amendment to remove the provision. 
https://amendments-rules.house.gov/amen ... 613866.pdf

• Thanks 3

That would suck. I do lots of favors for friends and family and neighbors way over $600. Free labor (sometimes there is bo labor other than bring their for delivery) they reimburse me for materials/parts/etc. I’m in a resort area, so most are out if state most of the time and hard to be present at times.

Edited by CFM

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Or to make sure you pay taxes on something you are not reporting..... CASH FTW.

Why you think they want to get rid of cash?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

.....if you're not doing anything wrong, why should it matter?

Government overreach.  Imagine the paperwork and time to defend every purchase over $600, and who would want the government having access to all your financial activities without your permission?

• Like 2

• Gold Member

Governments going to be looking everywhere it can to produce more tax dollars it’s the only way they can justify paying for all this free money and free shit they want to give away. It’s as simple as that they are trying to track down untaxed money like that 500 you deposit from a side job you did.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Why you think they want to get rid of cash?  

Or put a microchip in you? 

"Alexa, please report me to the IRS", you don't believe the federal government gave all these tech titans the alien technology for nothing did you?  👽. :lol:

But, tracking cash is also how they catch drug dealers, tax cheats and people milking the system.  So maybe it's not all bad?

There's plenty of ways to properly receive and use cash if you're smart, so if they're just catching criminals what's the issue?

16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Or put a microchip in you? 

"Alexa, please report me to the IRS", you don't believe the federal government gave all these tech titans the alien technology for nothing did you?  👽. :lol:

But, tracking cash is also how they catch drug dealers, tax cheats and people milking the system.  So maybe it's not all bad?

There's plenty of ways to properly receive and use cash if you're smart, so if they're just catching criminals what's the issue?

That's why they put that little strip inside bills, they know how much cash you have on yourself, at your home, business or how much you have with you when you leave the country and come back............. :whistle: - - :stirthepot:............................... lol.gif.ee3446284ba1c103925d5558acc402f9.gif