Check your account email address ×

GM decimates the competition in Texas truck showdown

Rod

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Sludgey said:

See the OP.  6.2 decimates the competition. The rest are running with the 5.3

ya its an old 2016 comparo...  Not a 2017... Much has been updated in 2017 from various manufactures

Just now, BOHICA said:

ya its an old 2016 comparo...  Not a 2017... Much has been updated in 2017 from various manufactures

Still not convinced it'll be enough to run with gm's old tech 

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Wow, that is now his bitch.

How about this one, gotta hurt the stang pride.

Not at all.  But if it makes you feel better, go with it I guess

53 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

wonder when they are going to test the 2017's since this is an old comparison

Pout Fudgy

13 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

What's different?

:lmao: MORE Fudgy cluelessness.  BIG SHOCKER! 

13 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

Imagine how lazy the hemi is then

My '11 FX4 5.0 DESTROYED my brothers friends Ram Hemi with 3.92 gears. I thought it was going to be a close race. Lol, NOT

9 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

So really nothing to make up the big gap

SMH

Pour Fudgy

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

Still not convinced it'll be enough to run with gm's old tech 

the old 3.5 is older tech then the gm 6.2.  The newer 2.7 is faster then the 6.2 gm.  the new 3.5 in the oversized raptor is faster then the gm 6.2.

http://www.tfltruck.com/tfltruck-hall-of-solo-0-60-mph/

1 hour ago, Sludgey said:

They did loaded and unloaded tests. 

Who cares! Loaded or unloaded! I still don't buy a truck based on accelerating a fraction of a second faster over a quarter mile. Totally irrelevant. Who in their right mind would sit at the lights with a load of lumber or bricks and be concerned with their ability to squeal the tires. Maybe a total fool.

I wonder why they didn't compare the performance of the production Ford Raptor to the GM. Maybe they knew the GM would become an embarrassment.

Edited by 02sled

9 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Who cares! Loaded or unloaded! I still don't buy a truck based on accelerating a fraction of a second faster over a quarter mile. Totally irrelevant. Who in their right mind would sit at the lights with a load of lumber or bricks and be concerned with their ability to squeal the tires. Maybe a total fool.

Morons like Fudgy 

9 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I wonder why they didn't compare the performance of the production Ford Raptor to the GM. Maybe they knew the GM would become an embarrassment.

Because Gubernment Motors doesn't have anything even close to being able to compete

Im a life long GM guy and when I drove the 2015 GMC with the 5.3 it wasnt even in the same league as the Ram HEMI. In fact the rest of the truck was no match for the Ram. It was a no brainer...

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

the old 3.5 is older tech then the gm 6.2.  The newer 2.7 is faster then the 6.2 gm.  the new 3.5 in the oversized raptor is faster then the gm 6.2.

I bought the 2.7 this summer. Wasn't my plan when I looked at them but took one for a drive thinking it was the 3.5 EB and was amazed at the power. Wasn't until I got back from the test drive that I found out it was a 2.7. :bc: still hate the sound of it though lol

6 hours ago, Sludgey said:

Turd but smokes the ram and toyotah somehow. So what's the real turd?

Read below. :snack: Like I mentioned earlier, that link/info was paid for by GM or there was something going on with them that aren't part of their normal production models.

Like I told you a couple years ago, my 13 Ram would simply embarrass that POS 5.3 I owned, and get better gas milage while doing so. Like Analer stated, the Ram is in another league.

How many links/info due you require to accept the fact the 5.3 is a turd and should have never went into production? Besides it being a Turd, what about all the other problems that engine has like using oil, the AMF issue, etc, etc, etc? 

Accept it Sludgey, it's a dog. Read these if you dare? There right from the horses mouth and not some fabbed up/B.S. article like you posted.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=275099

http://www.silveradosierra.com/vortec-5-3l-v8/a-very-sluggish-5-3-t14142.html

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/77609-2008-53-motor-under-powered/

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/168791-why-i-hate-my-2014-sierra/

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/82578-53l-seams-weak/

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/help-gutless-05-5-3l-278168/

6 hours ago, MSAREV said:

The 5.3 is a turd.

NO Torque still  - Fucking terrible throttle response - i've had my 2015 looked at for the Slow throttle response and all they do is give me a copy of a bulletin and say its "Normal" - transmission shifts turtle slow....should i continue?  Looks like i should have gone 6.2 - doesn't it require Premium Fuel ? 

This has been my 6th 5.3 in a GM Truck....hopefully my last.

Wow - this article is a year old.  Hmmm   

Just for you, Sludgey. :snack:

"The throttle position vs throttle opening calibration also sucks.  It takes way too much pedal to get the truck moving.  Several friends and family member have bought new trucks this year - none were GM, they all bought Rams.  Interestingly enough, all test drove either the Silverado or Sierra and didn't buy them.  The main reason was the Ram felt much more powerful.  They told me the GMs felt sluggish or slow.  I recently drove a 2015 Hemi and It doesn't have the throttle response issues anywhere near as bad. Part throttle was night and day different than my Sierra.  At wide open throttle the Ram was faster, but not substantially so.   I can see why my friends and family rejected the GM" 

Hard to imagine these same issues still exist today. My only regret is I didn't read about them before I bought my 09. Call it blind faith, and despite the few issue I had with my 97, I thought my 09 would be similar.

8 hours ago, BOHICA said:

So the Ford is heavily updated with new tech but it's old tech. So since the 6.2 destroys it then what you're saying is it will continue to do so. Got it

29 minutes ago, irv said:

Just for you, Sludgey. :snack:

"The throttle position vs throttle opening calibration also sucks.  It takes way too much pedal to get the truck moving.  Several friends and family member have bought new trucks this year - none were GM, they all bought Rams.  Interestingly enough, all test drove either the Silverado or Sierra and didn't buy them.  The main reason was the Ram felt much more powerful.  They told me the GMs felt sluggish or slow.  I recently drove a 2015 Hemi and It doesn't have the throttle response issues anywhere near as bad. Part throttle was night and day different than my Sierra.  At wide open throttle the Ram was faster, but not substantially so.   I can see why my friends and family rejected the GM" 

Hard to imagine these same issues still exist today. My only regret is I didn't read about them before I bought my 09. Call it blind faith, and despite the few issue I had with my 97, I thought my 09 would be similar.

You seen that your precious hemi got beat by a turd 5.3 right :lol: 

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

So the Ford is heavily updated with new tech but it's old tech. So since the 6.2 destroys it then what you're saying is it will continue to do so. Got it

6.2 losses to the 2.7.  The 3.5 in the test you post was last decade tech.  The GM 6.2 was the newest motor in the test.  2017 is a new more powah 3.5 ecoboost.  The new raptor dominates the chevy 6.2 in ever metric.  Powah, torque, speed all on 35 inch offroad tires vs the drag radials they put on the GM trucks.

thanks Playing and losing sludgey!!!!!

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member

700 pages of people coming out of their own pocket to fix the horrible vibration in GM pickups.  They have spent alot of money trying to get their trucks right without much help from GMhttp://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153186-shake-or-vibration-issues/page-695.

Edited by BOHICA

14 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

You seen that your precious hemi got beat by a turd 5.3 right :lol: 

I see, that even after all these years you're still in denial and you will go to great lengths to find one lone tidbit, among all the negative truths/facts, that use unfair means and lies to showcase the product you blindly praise. :snack:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zambroski said:

IDGAF....Tundra for the fucking win bitches!  

:popcornchair:

I had an 07 Tundra Crewmax, and from what i'm reading, that power train is still more than equal to most any motor out there, 10 years later.  Did 0-60 in the high 6's, and towed like a bitch even back then.

9 hours ago, 02sled said:

Exactly.  Torque rules.

9 hours ago, Rw06GT said:

I've seen a few of the new f250 and f350's on the road now. Fuck are they ugly.

Honestly, they've been growing on me.  925 lbs. of torque and 445 hp is pretty unbelievable power compared to my old 95 and 99 Powerstrokers.

Edited by DriftBusta

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 hours ago, Anler said:

Im a life long GM guy and when I drove the 2015 GMC with the 5.3 it wasnt even in the same league as the Ram HEMI. In fact the rest of the truck was no match for the Ram. It was a no brainer...

Finally something other then the Ford vs Chevy shit we get nonstop from the same 3 people over and over and over 

17 hours ago, 02sled said:

I could just use the rear bumper of my F150 to satisfy my towing needs, but at the time I was looking (2010), I wanted a 6.5' bed and a centre console/third seat, Ford stood alone unless I went up to a 250.  Now they all have them so it would be a toss between F150 and Ram.

17 hours ago, Rw06GT said:

I've seen a few of the new f250 and f350's on the road now. Fuck are they ugly.

I like them, in fact they all look pretty good, but many times that's the deciding factor as most of these trucks are way under utilized.