Check your account email address ×

Ford Motor cancels $ 1.6 billion mexican plant , Will expand and invest in Flat Rock MI plant

16 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

do you not have audio for the video?

I do and I watched it. Here's a different interview.....

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/03/news/economy/ford-700-jobs-trump/index.html

Bottom line is the fact Ford is adjusting to the markets and bringing jobs here not Mexico. It's a win for all except the Mexicans.

19 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Ford never took a bailout...  They took a DOE ATVM loan.  Telsa, Nissan also took a loan from DOE for advance technology Vehicle Manufacturing.  You see thing with this loan for ford as the aluminum bodied pickups that have the greenest vehicle life cycle due to advanced plant efficiencies and the low carbon output of the life cycle of the pickup.  Also all the green technology upgrades to the plant to lower energy consumption and reduce carbon footprint.  Ford could have for gone taking the loan and kept producing vehicle in a less green manner and been fine as they just would have upgraded factories to do business in a greener fashion.

Ford credit took huge sums of money so they could keep financing the sale of ford vehicles.

20 hours ago, Momorider said:

Ford were lucky they already took the bailout money the year before and avoided forced bankruptcy :news: 

:wrong: 

20 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Ford never took a bailout...  They took a DOE ATVM loan.  Telsa, Nissan also took a loan from DOE for advance technology Vehicle Manufacturing.  You see thing with this loan for ford as the aluminum bodied pickups that have the greenest vehicle life cycle due to advanced plant efficiencies and the low carbon output of the life cycle of the pickup.  Also all the green technology upgrades to the plant to lower energy consumption and reduce carbon footprint.  Ford could have for gone taking the loan and kept producing vehicle in a less green manner and been fine as they just would have upgraded factories to do business in a greener fashion.

Pour Mow Mow

9 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol: you and others are so full of shit. had Obama does such things you'd be saying things like

"who does the little emperor think he is"

"these companies need to offshore to stay competitive. he's actually going to kill jobs"

"gov needs to stay out of corporate America"

who do you think you're fooling? I've been corresponding with you clowns for about 10 years now.

Obunghole hasn't done shit to keep jobs from going over seas you fucking IDIOT!

9 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

:lmao: 

two minor problems dude...

- it's illegal

- they're still building the same cars in mexico, just at an existing plant

read up a little eh?

:wrong:    they're still being built at Michigan Assembly right now , you Moron

10 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol: you dumb shit,  trump had absolutely nothing to do with this business decision, yet runs around taking credit for it. that's why the media is focusing on his nonsense. if Obama had run around taking credit for every new "investment" in the country he'd be the laughing stock. but when trump does it, he's the hero. lmfao.

U dumb fuck have u seen any of the interviews with fords CEO . best look them up before sounding off again .  

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Boered said:

Ford credit took huge sums of money so they could keep financing the sale of ford vehicles.

That was a loan as well.  Not a bailout.  But on top of the government backed bankrupcy losses the taxpayers took, GM and Chrysler also to finance loans.  Ford Credit took 15.9 billion dollar loan, GMAC took 13.9 billion and Chrysler took 4.9 for there financing arm.....  Is GMAC still around????  Are they paying back their loan on the 13.9 billion loan....  Who is paying it back since GMAC is really non existent anymore.....  Not sure where Ford Credit is on its payback of those loans either. These monies are not to be confused or even related to the government funded bankruptcy that GM and Chrysler went through as well as Ford Motor Company 5.9 billion ATVM loan...  Those monies are seperate from this.  

Ford's 5.9 billion loan is paid back over half way and is paid down to 2.7 billion left owing as of the end of the third quarter.  Ford pays back 591 million a year split in equal over 4 quarters and that includes like 91 million a year in interest.  I a couple years that balloons out and Ford has to pay just over a billion in like 2020 or something like that.  Then the entire 5.9 billion plus interest will be paid back.

Page 18 under the DOE ATVM loanhttps://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/37996/000003799616000158/f0930201610q.pdf

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, Momorider said:

:lies:Aluminum uses a shit load more energy to make than Steel 

Of all pickups the aluminum f150 has the lowest lifecycle carbon footprint.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1103646_ford-f-150-plants-recycle-enough-aluminum-for-30000-trucks-a-month

Edited by BOHICA

15 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Then why did you post the video anyway?  Or, were you just not paying attention?  Oh....so sad.

Related image

because the video contains the crucial part of the topic? he clearly stated they would have made this decision regardless of trump. all he did at the end was throw some love to trump. how many times do I need to tell you that?

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 3:36 PM, Snoslinger said:

so the CEO is lying?

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

because the video contains the crucial part of the topic? he clearly stated they would have made this decision regardless of trump. all he did at the end was throw some love to trump. how many times do I need to tell you that?

Ummmm, :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol:

Hey, just keep on disregarding the parts of life that doesn't neatly fit into your narratives.  

You've been trained well young grasshopper.

14 hours ago, BOHICA said:

That was a loan as well.  Not a bailout.  But on top of the government backed bankrupcy losses the taxpayers took, GM and Chrysler also to finance loans.  Ford Credit took 15.9 billion dollar loan, GMAC took 13.9 billion and Chrysler took 4.9 for there financing arm.....  Is GMAC still around????  Are they paying back their loan on the 13.9 billion loan....  Who is paying it back since GMAC is really non existent anymore.....  Not sure where Ford Credit is on its payback of those loans either. These monies are not to be confused or even related to the government funded bankruptcy that GM and Chrysler went through as well as Ford Motor Company 5.9 billion ATVM loan...  Those monies are seperate from this.  

Ford's 5.9 billion loan is paid back over half way and is paid down to 2.7 billion left owing as of the end of the third quarter.  Ford pays back 591 million a year split in equal over 4 quarters and that includes like 91 million a year in interest.  I a couple years that balloons out and Ford has to pay just over a billion in like 2020 or something like that.  Then the entire 5.9 billion plus interest will be paid back.

Page 18 under the DOE ATVM loanhttps://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/37996/000003799616000158/f0930201610q.pdf

I knew all that but thanks for posting it. My point was, Ford needed help as well when there was no money left to lend out. My biggest issue is not really the auto makers, but the banks getting bailed out. They should have failed, the government should have directly distributed all the money to every man women and child. Diluting the value of the currency through this mass creation of cash and simply giving it to banks was stupid. Placing all that currency into the hands of the people would have done ten times more to stim ulate the economy and the effects would last longer by the same amount of time.

7 minutes ago, Boered said:

I knew all that but thanks for posting it. My point was, Ford needed help as well when there was no money left to lend out. My biggest issue is not really the auto makers, but the banks getting bailed out. They should have failed, the government should have directly distributed all the money to every man women and child. Diluting the value of the currency through this mass creation of cash and simply giving it to banks was stupid. Placing all that currency into the hands of the people would have done ten times more to stim ulate the economy and the effects would last longer by the same amount of time.

FUCKING BINGO!  And a god damned YAHTZEE!

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Boered said:

How dare you take this from the brand loyal blue oval tramp stamp wearing types  :lmao: