Check your account email address ×

Ford Motor cancels $ 1.6 billion mexican plant , Will expand and invest in Flat Rock MI plant

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No, and that is why you people are so fucked in the head.  Jobs being kept here is a good thing.  It doesn't matter who or how they are kept.

Get over your idiot selves.  Buncha whining hypocrite dip shits.

yeah I guess that's why 95% of you trashed him for saving GM and millions of jobs, or creating stimulus programs, or helping small businesses....

just save it dude.

18 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

"trump scared us" :lmao:

how did trump scare them exactly? small car sales are down because of cheap gas. that's the reason they're not building another new plant in mexico and instead are using existing plants. ford also needs brilliant people to create the newer electric cars, hence the reason to keep that development state side. they don't have that in mexico. but once they get things rolling smoothly, count on that high volume production moving south.

How did he scare them? Are you for real? He flat out said he will put a 30% levy on Mexican made cars and trucks.

2 minutes ago, Boered said:

How did he scare them? Are you for real? He flat out said he will put a 30% levy on Mexican made cars and trucks.

:lmao: 

two minor problems dude...

- it's illegal

- they're still building the same cars in mexico, just at an existing plant

read up a little eh?

Edited by Snoslinger

53 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol: you dumb shit,  trump had absolutely nothing to do with this business decision, yet runs around taking credit for it. that's why the media is focusing on his nonsense. if Obama had run around taking credit for every new "investment" in the country he'd be the laughing stock. but when trump does it, he's the hero. lmfao.

He said it did, in the interview I watched this morning. she specifically asked him if it did.  You are such a blind partisan you keep running back to "what if Obama did it" ???!!!! 

Of course partisans, like you, on the other side are going to trash everything Obama does. Why do you believe that is some sort of gotcha moment? For a guy that spends a lot of time calling others out on their intelligence, it really is a bit odd. 

Just now, Snoslinger said:

yeah I guess that's why 95% of you trashed him for saving GM and millions of jobs, or creating stimulus programs, or helping small businesses....

just save it dude.

auto bailout was a positive,  a bunch of part time retail jobs not the most impressive recovery.  Shovel ready jobs was kind of a joke but yes it kept people working so I'd give that end of the day a positive.  A Trump like nationwide infrastructure upgrade would have been a better thing for him to do but like most things Obama takes things part way because he doesn't have the skill or leadership ability to bring it to the finish line. Obamacare being the biggest example of that.  

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lmao: 

one minor problem dude...

it's illegal

Depends on how they amend nafta. He has a lot of power with the threat of leaving it. Mexico has to bend over backwards and take some hits like on that case, or risk Trump leaving it all together. Do you think for a minute that a populist minded congress won't abide by that? Bet they would... Trump will use fast track authority and congress will bend over and allow it. The twitter palpacy demands it. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

just save it dude.

Saving GM and Chrysler sure helped a ton of people in and linked to the Auto industry and helped me get back home to family and friends. Although I liked the mountains and aerospace work, I'd rather be back here.

On the flip side he shit canned the Constellation program we were working on and handed everything over to SpaceX so I either had to move near LAX (No fucking way) or move back and get back into the Auto side.

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

He said it did, in the interview I watched this morning. she specifically asked him if it did.  You are such a blind partisan you keep running back to "what if Obama did it" ???!!!! 

Of course partisans, like you, on the other side are going to trash everything Obama does. Why do you believe that is some sort of gotcha moment? For a guy that spends a lot of time calling others out on their intelligence, it really is a bit odd. 

now just yesterday you said why would they say that? :lmao: make up your fucking mind. of course they're going to throw a little sunshine to the new emperor. but the facts of the matter are 1) the same cars slotted for the new plant will still be assembled in mexico 2) they need smart design people to work on the new electric cars so Detroit makes financial sense. trump had zilch to do with this decision.

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Depends on how they amend nafta. He has a lot of power with the threat of leaving it. Mexico has to bend over backwards and take some hits like on that case, or risk Trump leaving it all together. Do you think for a minute that a populist minded congress won't abide by that? Bet they would... Trump will use fast track authority and congress will bend over and allow it. The twitter palpacy demands it. 

and when and how is that going to happen? what makes you think other countries are going to simply absorb a lot of losses to keep us happy, with out some retaliation?

15 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

just save it dude.

95%???  And how did he help small business?  

I'll expect you to back up these claims.  Then, "I'll save it".

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

auto bailout was a positive,  a bunch of part time retail jobs not the most impressive recovery.  Shovel ready jobs was kind of a joke but yes it kept people working so I'd give that end of the day a positive.  A Trump like nationwide infrastructure upgrade would have been a better thing for him to do but like most things Obama takes things part way because he doesn't have the skill or leadership ability to bring it to the finish line. Obamacare being the biggest example of that.  

Obama wanted huge infrastructure spending but the gop said no. regarding obamacare, it was the only thing that had a chance. still on this notion that the gop would have gone along with Obama had he been a better leader? :lmao:

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Obama wanted huge infrastructure spending but the gop said no. regarding obamacare, it was the only thing that had a chance. still on this notion that the gop would have gone along with Obama had he been a better leader? :lmao:

He is a poor leader,  a good leader can bridge ideological gaps.  

17 hours ago, Cold War said:

More than likely. they know Trump is going to throw out the ridiculous new CAFE standards that were set  to go in effect.

If Hillary had won, they would of  had banked on that not happening and  shit boxes being viable.  

18 hours ago, Cold War said:

Kind of sounds like something a huge company like FMC would of figured out long before it went into the planning stage, but OK.

10 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

now just yesterday you said why would they say that? :lmao: make up your fucking mind. of course they're going to throw a little sunshine to the new emperor. but the facts of the matter are 1) the same cars slotted for the new plant will still be assembled in mexico 2) they need smart design people to work on the new electric cars so Detroit makes financial sense. trump had zilch to do with this decision.

I guess, I'm not following. 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

95%???  And how did he help small business?  

I'll expect you to back up these claims.  Then, "I'll save it".

weren't paying any attention to real news over the last 8 years?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/09/27/obama.small.business.bill/

https://www.sba.gov/blogs/president-obamas-budget-priorities-small-businesses

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-small-business/ (pay attention to the % of small businesses in America)

but I guess because he didn't allow "joe the mechanic" to dump oil into the local river he was strangling small business with regulations?

weren't paying any attention to real news over the last 8 years?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/09/27/obama.small.business.bill/

https://www.sba.gov/blogs/president-obamas-budget-priorities-small-businesses

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-small-business/ (pay attention to the % of small businesses in America)

but I guess because he didn't allow "joe the mechanic" to dump oil into the local river he was strangling small business with regulations?

Let's see, how would MOMO respond to this?  WHAT A BUNCH OF BULLFUCKINGSHIT!

"Real news"...you're an idiot.  I read economic and financial publications.  Keep on with your tit suckling...if you want, but you and all of you are all

:wrong::wrong:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Let's see, how would MOMO respond to this?  WHAT A BUNCH OF BULLFUCKINGSHIT!

"Real news"...you're an idiot.  I read economic and financial publications.  Keep on with your tit suckling...if you want, but you and all of you are all

:wrong::wrong:

I don't know why anyone converses with this guy (slinger) any longer.  The guy thinks the liberal mantra is correct and will defend it with opinion.  You can't have a conversation with someone who thinks opinion is fact.  He isn't worth the time on here.

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I don't know why anyone converses with this guy (slinger) any longer.  The guy thinks the liberal mantra is correct and will defend it with opinion.  You can't have a conversation with someone who thinks opinion is fact.  He isn't worth the time on here.

:lmao: zambroski asked how Obama has helped small businesses and I posted links on how he did it. he clearly ignores the FACTS, then you chime in accusing the facts as being opinion? you two really are related.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Snoslinger said:

:lmao: zambroski asked how Obama has helped small businesses and I posted links on how he did it. he clearly ignores the FACTS, then you chime in accusing the facts as being opinion? you two really are related.

All the while raising taxes on them.  Lots of small business' had large tax increases under Obama.  

16 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

List your facts. 

they're in the links, dumbass.

Nope.  All you have in the links is a bias opinion on what may or may not be in the bills Obama signed.  Giving small banks 30 billion in hopes they lend to small business.  Good move Obama....idiot.

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Nope.  All you have in the links is a bias opinion on what may or may not be in the bills Obama signed.  Giving small banks 30 billion in hopes they lend to small business.  Good move Obama....idiot.

so Obama signing a bill to help small businesses was an opinion? :lmao: