Check your account email address ×

Trouble In Packerland

Can't say I blame him.  The Packers, whether under Ted Thompson, or Gutekunst, have always been "almost enough."  The last two years, GB was 1 or 2 key contributors away from a Super Bowl.  Under McCarthy, there were a few years they were just 1 or 2 key players away from a Super Bowl.

The fact GB has had Favre and Rodgers and only 2 SB wins to show for it is a testament to just how poorly managed that team is.  I think that's the problem when the team is run by a committee of nice guys instead of a hard-nosed owner.  It's like they take for granted just how special QBs like that are and refuse to make the moves to do anything to help them win.  Ron Wolf knew this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Can't say I blame him.  The Packers, whether under Ted Thompson, or Gutekunst, have always been "almost enough."  The last two years, GB was 1 or 2 key contributors away from a Super Bowl.  Under McCarthy, there were a few years they were just 1 or 2 key players away from a Super Bowl.

The fact GB has had Favre and Rodgers and only 2 SB wins to show for it is a testament to just how poorly managed that team is.  I think that's the problem when the team is run by a committee of nice guys instead of a hard-nosed owner.  It's like they take for granted just how special QBs like that are and refuse to make the moves to do anything to help them win.  Ron Wolf knew this.

Football is a team game, the qb can't do it all.  I always dislike armchair qb's who claim the Packers wasted Favre and Rodgers talent, for christ sakes we've won 4 SB's and we're the smallest franchise in the league........look at the glass as half full. It's not easy making it to SB's and winning them. Christ, things could be way worse, like the rest of the NFC North. :lmao:

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

4E02D0C5-3F4A-4332-851C-A55BC526A42D.thumb.jpeg.f0f0aba94b38b728af2667a040d4693b.jpeg

I call bullshit.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Rogers is the o lay talent in GB.  He should go elsewhere.  

Shut up dummy or Davante Adams, David Bakhtiari and Aaron Jones just to name a few will slap you right in the cocksucker

6 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I call bullshit.

Shut up dummy or Davante Adams, David Bakhtiari and Aaron Jones just to name a few will slap you right in the cocksucker

I don’t give two hot shits through a tall goose.  I just wanted to get somebody riled up.  I ate some Spinner turkey pimento loaf  for lunch.....and my IQ slipped a bit so, there you go!

• Like 1

I posted a similar thread in the 'Sconnie forum and have to say ... Rodgers had a free pass because it's always been the Packers' defense to blame.  Well, this past year that wasn't the case.  Although the defense did their part to look abysmal and try to lose the game against the Bucs in the NFC Championship they DID what was needed and got multiple turnovers.  What happened?  Rodgers did next to nothing.  So that free pass is no longer there.

The guy's got a helluva lot of QB smarts and talent but he's a horseshit leader ... always pouting and essentially throwing guys under the bus.  Being a Packer fan, I hate to see them lose him but I also know this team isn't going to win a Superbowl anyway so in the big picture, WGAF?   Part of me hopes he pulls a "Favre 2.0" and finds a way to end up in Minnesota just so I can laugh at the idiots around me who have DESPISED Rodgers, calling him a drama queen, etc.

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

He would look great in a Patriots uniform!

Could you imagine if he went to Chicago..Mass burning of Rogers jerseys :lol:

The only first round pick GB has made at a "talent" position since 2005 has been for Rodgers' presumed eventual replacement last year.  And in a year like last year with a legit chance at a SB... did they go out and get anyone to complement Davante, esp when Lazard and MVS were down?  Not unless you count... Tavon Austin, who did nothing for the team except lose a fumble on a punt return...

GB leadership doesn't make the necessary moves to win it all.  They're content being contenders, nothing more.  It's good for revenue, but sucks for the players.

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Trust me, Rodgers isn't that stupid. :lmao:

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

The only first round pick GB has made at a "talent" position since 2005 has been for Rodgers' presumed eventual replacement last year.  And in a year like last year with a legit chance at a SB... did they go out and get anyone to complement Davante, esp when Lazard and MVS were down?  Not unless you count... Tavon Austin, who did nothing for the team except lose a fumble on a punt return...

GB leadership doesn't make the necessary moves to win it all.  They're content being contenders, nothing more.  It's good for revenue, but sucks for the players.

That is absolute BS

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That is absolute BS

I know your green and gold glasses won't let you see that, but it's true.  The team organization and structure is not conducive to blockbuster deals.  When was the last skill position free agent signing or trade that paid dividends?  Ryan Grant?  When was the last BIG free agent signing on offense?  Andre Rison?

Edited by Matt

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

I know your green and gold glasses won't let you see that, but it's true.  The team organization and structure is not conducive to blockbuster deals.  When was the last skill position free agent signing or trade that paid dividends?  Ryan Grant?  When was the last BIG free agent signing on offense?  Andre Rison?

Free agent signings are no absolute guarantee for SB success. Like I said, you claiming that the Packers just want to contend is pure BS. Your statement would be true if you were talking about the Ford family (Lions) and the McCaskey family (Bears).

10 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Free agent signings are no absolute guarantee for SB success. Like I said, you claiming that the Packers just want to contend is pure BS. Your statement would be true if you were talking about the Ford family (Lions) and the McCaskey family (Bears).

No such thing as a guarantee, but take Antonio Brown this year for example.  His impact was huge even if his numbers weren't.  Do you single cover him or Mike Evans?  The fact Davante puts up the numbers he does facing as much double coverage as he does is staggering... Imagine a WR1 on the other side of him instead of MVS who can't catch a cold half the time, and Lazard, who has the feet of Mark Chmura.

Bottom line is Rodgers had his chance to lead the team to a win in the Buc's game in the 4th quarter and just did not make the plays.  He has looked that way in plenty of games even though not all of them ended up as losses.  So much so that I'm not sure more weapons on the receiver side would have changed the outcome. 

The guy can make some fantastic plays and then at other times just looks like he doesn't give two shits what happens.  No doubt he is a hall of famer and will go down as a great NFL QB but every story has it's ending and maybe his has already been written.  

1 minute ago, Matt said:

No such thing as a guarantee, but take Antonio Brown this year for example.  His impact was huge even if his numbers weren't.  Do you single cover him or Mike Evans?  The fact Davante puts up the numbers he does facing as much double coverage as he does is staggering... Imagine a WR1 on the other side of him instead of MVS who can't catch a cold half the time, and Lazard, who has the feet of Mark Chmura.

I believe MVS will get better and Lazard is an outstanding player, do you have any idea the impact his blocking skills have had for us? The Packers have a great team right now and Rodgers would be a fool to leave if he really wants a trade. Losing Bakhtiari to injury was a massive blow to the Packers run last season. Billy Turner slid over to Bakhtiari's side and we had Rick Wagner at right tackle in the NFC Championship, Wagner had no business being in that game and it showed, the Bucs defense made him look like he had concrete blocks tied to his ankles.

3 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Or pull a farv and roll to MN . Bret deff did not need tge money he just wanted to stick his dick deep up the packers ass 

• Thanks 1