Check your account email address ×

Weekend thread!!!!!!!!!!!11

Changing the tractor over to mowing from snowblower. Service, oil grease etc.

Started the process Thursday but wife got me sidetracked...can you cut these branches, window-box brackets, help putting out the pool patio furniture?

So yesterday I said fuck it and went fishing....lol

Being retired has its benefits....lol 

• Like 5

I want to do very little but my manager has different ideas lol. We we're away for three months and got home Thurs evening and too much to do now. The motorhome has to be unpacked, the boat has to be uncovered, the garage is a mess and the list is long. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Changing the tractor over to mowing from snowblower. Service, oil grease etc.

Started the process Thursday but wife got me sidetracked...can you cut these branches, window-box brackets, help putting out the pool patio furniture?

So yesterday I said fuck it and went fishing....lol

Being retired has its benefits....lol 

They don't get it lol! I'm retired and I believe things should be done in moderation but the evil eye doesn't see it that way lol

• Haha 1

Gotta fit and mortise new fancy pantry door my wife just had to have....for a house we are flipping.  :wall:  Gotta tile the second bath and rewire some hacky shit in the detached garage I know won't pass inspection.  I'll have The Masters on for scenery...and that's about it.  Storming here like there (I'm three hours from there)  so...ewwww.  My sticks are still up in MN so...I apparently have given up golf for good.  :dunno: 

Also, wife is working on a copious amounts of pigs in a blanket so, I'll eat my weight in those today.  I picked up a nice bottle of "Whistle Pig" to sip on.  Never had it so...we'll see.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, smokin george said:

They don't get it lol! I'm retired and I believe things should be done in moderation but the evil eye doesn't see it that way lol

That’s why I spent yesterday away fishing for the day. If I’m around she comes up with ideas like wouldn’t windowboxes look good under those 2 windows? Honey can you make 2 boxes to match the ones you made for the porch?

RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mikeadoo said:

Don't know about you guys....but I'm going snowmobiling!!!

You suck  :bc: 

We're either going to look at a boat, or digging out 5 feet of rocks to get to the pump that runs the little fountain feature in our back yard.  It shit the bed after only 2 years.

• Like 1

yard work and putting up a "garage in a box" to clean out other "garage in a box" so I can relocate in preparation for a 14x28 pre-built amish garage to use as my "toy box" no time for the masters here, one more week and back to trucking need to get shit done

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

That’s why I spent yesterday away fishing for the day. If I’m around she comes up with ideas like wouldn’t windowboxes look good under those 2 windows? Honey can you make 2 boxes to match the ones you made for the porch?

RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN

I told her I sold the tin boat and got the scowl look lol and when I said I have a guy coming on Mon to look at the truck she said she wants me to switch the tires n rims from one truck to the other. I said that's not gonna happen and everything went silent lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

yard work and putting up a "garage in a box" to clean out other "garage in a box" so I can relocate in preparation for a 14x28 pre-built amish garage to use as my "toy box" no time for the masters here, one more week and back to trucking need to get shit done

My neighbor gets back to his paving job in about a week too. He has been getting his shit done over the past week. He was telling me that he wouldn't mind doing something else, but he really likes having his winters off.

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

Opposite for me.  It took me years to learn I didn't have to have to rush shit before Monday.  My wife drove me nuts with the...."take a break....there's no rush" rhetoric.  I just didn't have it in me at the time to slow it down.

She was right though....but I won't admit that to her.  

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

My neighbor gets back to his paving job in about a week too. He has been getting his shit done over the past week. He was telling me that he wouldn't mind doing something else, but he really likes having his winters off.

I was supposed to go back last week for 3 weeks of running to refinery, but a crude oil supply line went down so now go back the 19th, hopefully the plants pick up so I can avoid the shit hole known as United Refinery, Warren Pa.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I told her I sold the tin boat and got the scowl look lol and when I said I have a guy coming on Mon to look at the truck she said she wants me to switch the tires n rims from one truck to the other. I said that's not gonna happen and everything went silent lol

Walk away

New headlight and New non busted fenders for the sxs this am.  I am giving them no more than 2 trips before they are also cracked up . I just wish I did not enjoy running around old clear cut skidder trails so much 

20210410_115128.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, small-bore said:

I tweaked my knee somehow last night. I just went outside for a short walk to see if it's any better. Nope, so back to stretched out and relaxing and hoping it gets better so I can work Monday.

I fucked up my knee about 5 yrs ago on a sled.  Now I have a ongoing deal if I twist wrong I get a fun week of sore inner knee .

Litteraly just happened again at the grocery store getting old scucks the big one lol  

Edited by Ez ryder

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

New headlight and New non busted fenders for the sxs this am.  I am giving them no more than 2 trips before they are also cracked up . I just wish I did not enjoy running around old clear cut skidder trails so much 

20210410_115128.jpg

i was going to replace all the scuffed plastics on mine then said fuck it i'm just going to run them since i'm going to scuff them.  I'll put new ones on when i go to sell it since it's so easy and cheap

I should have gone boat shopping.  But repair is complete.  Didn't need a new pump, old hose fitting snapped at the pump, new hose, all set.  I feel beat like a rented mule.  Time for a stiff drink.  :bc: 

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

i was going to replace all the scuffed plastics on mine then said fuck it i'm just going to run them since i'm going to scuff them.  I'll put new ones on when i go to sell it since it's so easy and cheap

I only replaced mine because the left headlight was shattered the fender only had 1 bolt hole still intact rest of it was zip tied on . So I got the sport fenders for it that are much wider to keep more mud off the windshield .

I fully expect the plastic to be scratched and busted with in the year .I run  Lots of new and old clear-cuts where I ride most and they are my fave once you understand how they are pretty much all layed out  there are lots of little technical trails throughout the perimeter and from cut to cut just off the main trucking loops around and thrugh them . Not much more than a 60in would fit in most . My 50 inch is pretty tight in a lot of them . But yeah shit happens like brush grown over cut off fallen trees usuaky at headlight hight lol .