Check your account email address ×

Yellowstone

Rod

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

agreed BB>SOA.  Shows have an issue lasting,  seeing it this year with Yellowstone and several others struggling as they get into season 4-5.  both BB and SOA were good to the end.  

Yeah, Yellowstone started losing me at the end of the last season with all the automatic gun play and explosions.  Ok like.....really this is a thing in Montana?!  :lol: 

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah, Yellowstone started losing me at the end of the last season with all the automatic gun play and explosions.  Ok like.....really this is a thing in Montana?!  :lol: 

been waiting to binge this season some shitty weekend when the wifes gone but not hearing good things and i agree end of last season wasn't great to start with

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

been waiting to binge this season some shitty weekend when the wifes gone but not hearing good things and i agree end of last season wasn't great to start with

Maybe binge watching it will make it more tolerable, I dunno.  But week by week, it's been a let down - sorry to say.  Combining all of the good scenes up to this point, it would probably add up to 1 full episode so far (probably less than that).  I think Taylor Sheridan is keeping Jimmy in the storyline just so he can get a headstart on the rumored 6666's spinoff ... which, if Jimmy is a lead character it may as well not even happen.  The best part of this season has been the Lloyd vs. Walker saga - that's about it.

29 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Beth has to be a bionic Karen, no way she survives that explosion in real life. :lmao:

40 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Beth has to be a bionic Karen, no way she survives that explosion in real life. :lmao:

I’m finding it hard to buy into her character anymore.  She’s not that hot to be a raving bitch and she’d be snuffed quickly in the business setting they’ve dropped her in.

Oh well….still trying to keep the love alive.  Last nights was better but….it’s clear the writers are trying to develop spin offs at this point.

Just now, Zambroski said:

I’m finding it hard to buy into her character anymore.  She’s not that hot to be a raving bitch and she’d be snuffed quickly in the business setting they’ve dropped her in.

Oh well….still trying to keep the love alive.  Last nights was better but….it’s clear the writers are trying to develop spin offs at this point.

Yeah. You can’t act like that in business. You won’t have an employee left 

be a Picard. Not a Beth. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

The show is turning to shit.   I'll likely finish this season but without significant improvement it will be my last season.   

Even Teeter could bury everyone with what she knows and they just go and fire her without a ride to the train station.  This idea that someone couldn't go to LE and get immunity for what they know if just too far fetched. 

The Jimmy storyline is just beyond annoying and makes zero sense.   Turn him into a cowboy?   He was on the Yellowstone for a few years doing the work.   While he might not have been the best hand he was apparently useful enough to keep around.  In the time he was there he never learned to rope at all?   That annoying boy is learning and hasn't been there a month. 

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

agreed BB>SOA.  Shows have an issue lasting,  seeing it this year with Yellowstone and several others struggling as they get into season 4-5.  both BB and SOA were good to the end.  

I’d contend that the best season of both shows were their last seasons. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

The show's entire premise for 3 seasons was the fight for the ranch and this year that storyline its almost non-existent.  The characters use to be secondary now they are front and center and its not working.   

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

The show's entire premise for 3 seasons was the fight for the ranch and this year that storyline its almost non-existent.  The characters use to be secondary now they are front and center and its not working.   

Hell, it's like the resolution to the whole season three was done before this season started.  Really?  Got'r all straight that quick?  Automatic weapon gunfights in the streets, execution squads and billionaires getting gunned down in their homes.  The whole state said,  "Meh...let John and his boys handle it."

Well then!

4 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Just when I thought it couldn't possibly get any worse last night's episode happened.  

Right around the point of the show where Jamie caved in and started hugging his real dad (after holding a gun at him) is when I threw my arms up saying WTF!?!?!  But thank God for the Lloyd vs. Walker fight scene at the end .. that salvaged an otherwise unwatchable episode.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Right around the point of the show where Jamie caved in and started hugging his real dad (after holding a gun at him) is when I threw my arms up saying WTF!?!?!  But thank God for the Lloyd vs. Walker fight scene at the end .. that salvaged an otherwise unwatchable episode.  

That was brutal,,like a page out of The Young & The Restless or something. I'll still watch it but with nowhere near the anticipation of past seasons.

44 minutes ago, HSR said:

That was brutal,,like a page out of The Young & The Restless or something. I'll still watch it but with nowhere near the anticipation of past seasons.

Yeah. That was so cringe it was awful 

• 2 weeks later...

WTF it's getting unbearable to watch. Anything with Jamie/Dad/Gf is just pathetic acting. Tree hugger angle sucks donkey balls. Kayce ,who looks like a dirty crack head that hasn't showered this season, has a wolf encounter WTF??????? Just foolishness now. Nothing about the bunkhouse crew but hey let's see what Jimmy's up to at 6666. 

15 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Did anyone watch 1883 last night?

Yup ... and I give it a nod over this latest season of Yellowstone, that's for sure.  Extra credit to 1883 with casting Isabel May - even though her character is a teenager, she's actually 21 so I don't feel bad saying she's a hottie!! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Yup ... and I give it a nod over this latest season of Yellowstone, that's for sure.  Extra credit to 1883 with casting Isabel May - even though her character is a teenager, she's actually 21 so I don't feel bad saying she's a hottie!! LOL

Yes it's a good show so far, but I'm not going to pay to watch the series.

i watched the first 3 episodes this current season and thought it was actually OK. It is clear the producer came from the SOA universe though.   not sure how he's going to do with 3 shows once 6666 comes onboard but maybe 1883 is meant to be a short bridge show till that comes on.  Sending some characters down already to bridge to 6666 so it's coming sooner rather than later. 

13 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Yes it's a good show so far, but I'm not going to pay to watch the series.

i feel that way about all series.   going to have to battle with comcast now that the last deal i cut is expiring. I have all these add one being paid for by someone else right now between comcast giving me some and Verizon some.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i feel that way about all series.   going to have to battle with comcast now that the last deal i cut is expiring. I have all these add one being paid for by someone else right now between comcast giving me some and Verizon some.  

I'll need to research it more but I'd bet an Android box will pick them all up for free, only wifi needed.

11 minutes ago, hayward said:

I now only watch it for seeing Beth.  She's enough entertainment to keep me curious.

I was telling my wife the other day that the producers of Yellowstone got the inspiration for Beth from Ozark's Ruth. :lmao:

• Like 1