Check your account email address ×

Cats new chassis!! *leaked*

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Anler said:

When I first got my Matryx my nephew was riding my assault and the track came loose and was ratcheting. he didnt know what was going on so I got on it to see. Immediately I knew what it was so we pull over and tighten it up and I rode it for about an hour after that I the whole time I was thinking that I like the assault better LOL. But I have been dialing that sled in for 4 years so i rides great. But then we rode some whack ass ungroomed stuff and the Matryx ate it up like nothing. So I have some dialing in to do on it but it is pretty impressive as far as the suspension goes. And the gauge is on another level. Its pretty amazing. 

Did you tell me that you let your limiter out...maybe drilled another hole in it? Mine is still in the factory spot and I haven’t had enough ride time to fuck with it. 

45 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

That explains why most of the ones I see never go off trail at all, at least not on purpose :lol: 

I did a TON of off trail with both of my Pro Ride Assaults. They were both horrible trail sleds. The rear skid was literally an old RMK skid. A lot of people thought they were the shit though. 

41 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Pretty sure the 136" XCR's have tipped rails in 2022.   That's gonna be a damn fun skid in the twisties.   It always surprises me getting off a 137" and on my 121 800 indy how nimble it is by comparison.  

I'm likely not buying a new sled this year but the red, white and blue xcr 850 would be what I buy if I was in the market.    

I’ve had 121’s, 136’s, 144’s and 155’s. I literally felt ZERO difference in ride quality by going from 121 to 136 in my trail sled. It did have more traction but that equaled more push in the corners. My 144 could actually bridge the bumps a little better but was a dump truck in most trail conditions/corners. Currently I have my 155 RMK for off trail riding and I put my Fusion back to 121 from 136/7 for trail riding. If I was buying another strictly trail sled, it would be the shortest track length offered if I went small engine and one step longer if I was going with a big engine and planning on modding the engine for more power. 

3 hours ago, Tinker said:

SDI since 04, DI since 2011 on the 800 and Cat's still mapping a flame throwing turd. Thank gawd they have Yamaha

SDI is great. DI is trash 

2 minutes ago, Tinker said:

If by trash you mean an impossible mountain for the River Thief Meatheads to conquer you fn nailed it Brah

There’s no reason to. I don’t even want DI it’s junk. 

2 minutes ago, Tinker said:

If by trash you mean an impossible mountain for the River Thief Meatheads to conquer you fn nailed it Brah

Oops tbh

Did I do that right Ace ?????? :lol: 

Just now, Tinker said:

At 1000 miles a year you're worrying your pretty little head unnecessarily 

Exactly owning a doo off warranty is a bad idea 

Ace must be creaming in his jorts over the new chassis...  Here it is, his new dream sled featuring all the best technology cat has to offer for 2022....

image.thumb.png.0e3e4d2dc4d9911cc83bef5b2c690d8b.png

Edited by jdsky

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

Exactly owning a doo off warranty is a bad idea 

Hmpft... thought you might appreciate the pretty props.

@1000 miles a year nobody needs warranty. S'ok though I had Cat's I was scared to drive too far too. Then I let the yellow blood flow thru my veins that I'd made fun of for years. And man o man the money I made selling the Sabertooth leather shit that honestly had NO miles on it.

14 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Hmpft... thought you might appreciate the pretty props.

@1000 miles a year nobody needs warranty. S'ok though I had Cat's I was scared to drive too far too. Then I let the yellow blood flow thru my veins that I'd made fun of for years. And man o man the money I made selling the Sabertooth leather shit that honestly had NO miles on it.

I did on my doos at under 1500 Miles. I’m a doo guy but they’re just awful. 

17 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Ace must be creaming in his jorts over the new chassis...  Here it is, his new dream sled featuring the all the best technology cat has to offer for 2022....

image.thumb.png.ea94b6439ea263b58c471bba49c6ba14.png

They’re a good seller.  Good for them 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

They’re a good seller.  Good for them 

I'll translate.  Complete shit for the money....  Half a sled for the price of a full size but at least you can bring your best butt buddies along for the ride.....  Fucking thing has a seat jack from 90's on it. 

1 minute ago, jdsky said:

I'll translate.  Complete shit for the money....  Half a sled for the price of a full size but at least you can bring your best butt buddies along for the ride.....  Fucking thing has a seat jack from 90's on it. 

There’s no need to be upset. If someone is successful I’m happy for them. 

1 minute ago, Tinker said:

I did read you had an 08, no wonder you're yeasty

I’d say the bigger piss off is the 2022 doos are still basically the same sled 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

I’d say the bigger piss off is the 2022 doos are still basically the same sled 

No no exactly the same.

Same 3 piece tunnel with riveted tunnel.

Same square tunnel, wide gas tank and pyramid support.

Identical steering post location and tie rod geometry.

Same bulkhead and S module with identical motor mount height.

Same skidframe mount geometry with Falling rate suspension.

... Don't throw flames like a shitty kitty though but that chassis changes so often it's like terrestrial magic or some shit. Seriously, I dunno how Cak can afford to re-tool every decade or so.