Check your account email address ×

Cats new chassis!! *leaked*

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

no.  This is what i am narrowing down to for 2022

LYNX-MY22-Rave-RE-850-E-TEC-Viper-Red-LI

1614797812809-productstill.png

The matrix 850 is the bomb for trail riding, I would recommend. That lynx does look tempting though - perfect rider position for us tall guys.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

The matrix 850 is the bomb for trail riding, I would recommend. That lynx does look tempting though - perfect rider position for us tall guys.

The axys is better ergos for tall guys than the g4. Plus the lynx has the most retarded shock calibrations in the world for a consumer sled 

Edited by f7ben

1 hour ago, ACE said:

It’s not an XP so no 

SDI since 04, DI since 2011 on the 800 and Cat's still mapping a flame throwing turd. Thank gawd they have Yamaha

Edited by Tinker

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

i'm back and forth between a vr1 137 and a SBA 146 still.  getting quotes on both and the lynx.  I really like the narrow frame of both and the hard seat on the lynx is my dream seat.    if i ride with the jackman crew still the 146 is a no brainer.   And it's the only sled that has the track i want.  Went away from the XCR over the 136 as the resale value when i took it off is limited.  

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i'm back and forth between a vr1 137 and a SBA 146 still.  getting quotes on both and the lynx.  I really like the narrow frame of both and the hard seat on the lynx is my dream seat.    if i ride with the jackman crew still the 146 is a no brainer.   And it's the only sled that has the track i want.  Went away from the XCR over the 136 as the resale value when i took it off is limited.  

XC 146

41 minutes ago, ACE said:

650’s are getting beat by 800 assaults here and the assaults are getting beat by the cats 

Assaults aren't getting beat by anyone. Northstar rick has a clutched 800 assault with no engine mods that hasn't been beat by any 800 or 850. It's the fastest chassis out there right now. 

And my assault puts a whooping on cats. 

47 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Don't not get the assault because it isn't a trail sled. It is a great trail sled. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Don't not get the assault because it isn't a trail sled. It is a great trail sled. 

That explains why most of the ones I see never go off trail at all, at least not on purpose :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Pretty sure the 136" XCR's have tipped rails in 2022.   That's gonna be a damn fun skid in the twisties.   It always surprises me getting off a 137" and on my 121 800 indy how nimble it is by comparison.  

I'm likely not buying a new sled this year but the red, white and blue xcr 850 would be what I buy if I was in the market.    

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Pretty sure the 136" XCR's have tipped rails in 2022.   That's gonna be a damn fun skid in the twisties.   It always surprises me getting off a 137" and on my 121 800 indy how nimble it is by comparison.  

I'm likely not buying a new sled this year but the red, white and blue xcr 850 would be what I buy if I was in the market.    

Those colors are great....

E90EA026-7ACC-49C4-A544-3D4B7EE9CAE1.thumb.png.4378b65613cef50a3e69cc8934950ff1.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

That explains why most of the ones I see never go off trail at all, at least not on purpose :lol: 

Yeah but I think the Ginger does do some off trail. But the assault is a great trail sled

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

nope want the 7s so no go on the XC.  my eyes are getting worse and the montana is no longer big enough to read.  

You can add the 7s to the XC😁

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

it is where i am leaning.  it has the track i want as well as an option.  

When I first got my Matryx my nephew was riding my assault and the track came loose and was ratcheting. he didnt know what was going on so I got on it to see. Immediately I knew what it was so we pull over and tighten it up and I rode it for about an hour after that I the whole time I was thinking that I like the assault better LOL. But I have been dialing that sled in for 4 years so i rides great. But then we rode some whack ass ungroomed stuff and the Matryx ate it up like nothing. So I have some dialing in to do on it but it is pretty impressive as far as the suspension goes. And the gauge is on another level. Its pretty amazing. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You can add the 7s to the XC😁

does not give that option through the build tool and adding it later is big$.  i looked at a 21 XC launch edition and it was more than the vr1 because of the 7s add on.  

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

The axys is better ergos for tall guys than the g4. Plus the lynx has the most retarded shock calibrations in the world for a consumer sled 

You know really the Lynx is a pro xc with the shock on the inside instead of the outside. Does the same thing and Pro xc is uncoupled also. But the pro xc handles a ton better. LOL

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

does not give that option through the build tool and adding it later is big$.  i looked at a 21 XC launch edition and it was more than the vr1 because of the 7s add on.  

Im glad I bought mine last year. The prices this year are going to be stupid.

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

It is a pricey add on for sure.