Check your account email address ×

After 6 attempts I was finally able to buy a sled in 2020

5 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

In comparison,  In March 2020 I bought my 2011 GSX 1200 for $3700.  January 2021 I bought a 2007 600 SDI for $3900.  It just doesn't make sense.

My neighbor bought a 2004 renegade 600sdi, 2007 renegade 600sdi on a open deck two place trailer for $7000 cad this summer from someone he knows. Got a killer deal then, an unbelievable deal now lol.

4 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

My neighbor bought a 2004 renegade 600sdi, 2007 renegade 600sdi on a open deck two place trailer for $7000 cad this summer from someone he knows. Got a killer deal then, an unbelievable deal now lol.

He could flip that packabe for $10K USD now.

Edited by Fireball 440

Here are the other sleds we tried to buy but were either already sold, pending, or sold out from under us.

98 Powder Special 600 - $1500

07 Switchback 600 - $3600

07 F570 - $3500

05 Supersport 550 - $3000

03 Classic 550 - $2500

09 REV 550 - $4000

2 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

In comparison,  In March 2020 I bought my 2011 GSX 1200 for $3700.  January 2021 I bought a 2007 600 SDI for $3900.  It just doesn't make sense.

Nop a lot of new people buying like a lot lot .

Was at a large local sporting goods store today went to look at some sled gloves when I was there. No less than 3 people there buying there first helmet . 

I helped 2 of them because the 17yr old working the dept knew jack shit . They should have given me money for send 2 carbon units out the door lol .it started with 1 guy with his wife saying well it is suppose to be snug I think .  I look over his cheeks are pushed up under his eyes looked like a chipmunk with full cheeks or some shit . 

On the plus side with this shitty winter I am hoping to see a bunch of almost no use modern sleds on marketplace come spring.  Guessing if new to this deal a lot of them will bail with a shit winter and never look back 

• Gold Member

I wonder if all this “free” money getting thrown around is jacking up prices. People got “free” money in the spring “free” money last week. Fuck we get another “free” money giveaway   when Biden gets in I can get a brand new sled with all this money they’ve givin back to me

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I sold my 17 in Sept but had my phone blowing up on my 19 about a month ago.  I thought it was kinda weird all this sudden interest in non converted SX sled.  Turns out, just a short supply of sleds made it look real attractive.  

It never ceases to amaze me at the number of people still trying to convert a sno-x sled to a true trail sled, or at least one that is more tolerable. 

"What do I need to do to run 87 in this thing?" 

"Where can I get a bigger fuel tank for this?  I only make it 20 miles!" 

"Can you add oil injection to this sled?" 

"Why won't the local dealer work on this?"

4 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Here are the other sleds we tried to buy but were either already sold, pending, or sold out from under us.

98 Powder Special 600 - $1500

07 Switchback 600 - $3600

07 F570 - $3500

05 Supersport 550 - $3000

03 Classic 550 - $2500

09 REV 550 - $4000

Thought I had a late 80's Enticer long track lined up this fall for $350.  Day before I was going to go get it, seller gave me the cold shoulder and re-listed it for $1500 or something crazy like that.  He still has it and has offered it to me for $800 several times.  I told him I'll give him $300 for my inconvenience.  

I helped my son's buddy buy his first sled 2 years ago. I found a nice low mileage !998 XLT special that was advertised for $800. The owner couldn't get it to start. He ended up buying it for $500. He hurt his back over the summer and decided to sell it last weekend. He sold it for $1,800 and probably could have held out for more!  Its not the time to be buying. Great time for sellling!

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

It never ceases to amaze me at the number of people still trying to convert a sno-x sled to a true trail sled, or at least one that is more tolerable. 

"What do I need to do to run 87 in this thing?" 

"Where can I get a bigger fuel tank for this?  I only make it 20 miles!" 

"Can you add oil injection to this sled?" 

"Why won't the local dealer work on this?"

Thought I had a late 80's Enticer long track lined up this fall for $350.  Day before I was going to go get it, seller gave me the cold shoulder and re-listed it for $1500 or something crazy like that.  He still has it and has offered it to me for $800 several times.  I told him I'll give him $300 for my inconvenience.  

Yeah...there's a reason race teams don't want to really sell off their sleds to the general public.  The "how much different can a SX sled be....I can convert it and make it work." crowd really don't know what they are getting into....and the costs to try and fully tame the sled down into a consumer version just make it silly. The questions I had to field selling both of mine were real similar to what you posted and most emails were ignored as I wasn't going to deal with this level of rider. 

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Swamps are not fully frozen to top it off . 

This was my morning yesterday.  Polaris updated there app and went back to its old trails . A Tucker driver was following the app down a old trail that is  a dead end now so never bothered to argo down the weeds . Ironically enough this was right in fr of polaris lol 

20210102_084949.jpg

20210102_094813.jpg

Do you guys usually run by GPS out grooming in the big fields and swamps?

We have a powerline section and I'm always the first one to groom it because we don't mark it really well and you just kind of have to go off memory. Seems like this guy should of known better since I'm sure he would have been able to tell what had been previously packed

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

On the plus side with this shitty winter I am hoping to see a bunch of almost no use modern sleds on marketplace come spring.  Guessing if new to this deal a lot of them will bail with a shit winter and never look back 

This. I think they’ll be a bunch of sleds available after people realize what a hassle it is to find snow to ride in a year like this.

7 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

I wonder if all this “free” money getting thrown around is jacking up prices. People got “free” money in the spring “free” money last week. Fuck we get another “free” money giveaway   when Biden gets in I can get a brand new sled with all this money they’ve givin back to me

Bingo!!!

13 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

damn i paid 2300 for my last SDI with 3k on it.   amazing the market.  I figure i paid $1000 too much for this side by side given the market even with it being winter but fuck it.  

I got my General for $1,000 off list when I bought in June(ish)...

22 minutes ago, Snake said:

I got my General for $1,000 off list when I bought in June(ish)...

How are you liking it so far? I'm tossing around the idea of replacing my Ranger with one.

33 minutes ago, Dave said:

How are you liking it so far? I'm tossing around the idea of replacing my Ranger with one.

I always thought you liked Canam over Polaris  SXS's ??

9 minutes ago, HSR said:

I always thought you liked Canam over Polaris  SXS's ??

Performance yes...for work no

Nothing compares to an x3 in performance. 

Edited by Dave

Unless things take a turn for the better there will be a shit ton of used sleds back on the market in no time.  Long range forecast here looks dismal at best.  Where the fuck is that la nina we were supposed to get this winter?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GGNHL said:

Do you guys usually run by GPS out grooming in the big fields and swamps?

We have a powerline section and I'm always the first one to groom it because we don't mark it really well and you just kind of have to go off memory. Seems like this guy should of known better since I'm sure he would have been able to tell what had been previously packed

You would think . To be fair they were on a trail marked trail.  But it is now a dead end .

And they were using the polaris app as a reminder . And that app went yhrugh a update recently and in doing so it lost alot of the new data some how and did not reboot the newer trail rerouting.  

I was talking with some people and poo dumps a lot more in to that app than I thought . North of 500k a yr every yr . And it is world wide . 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dave said:

We love it. We are just weekend riders, taking the thing just as it is and not expecting it to be anything it isn't. For what we do it is great.... throw some friends in the back and just go hit the woods.

20201010_144920.thumb.jpg.3afe7b55ba740c82f383a65c61b80487.jpg

31 minutes ago, Snake said:

We love it. We are just weekend riders, taking the thing just as it is and not expecting it to be anything it isn't. For what we do it is great.... throw some friends in the back and just go hit the woods.

20201010_144920.thumb.jpg.3afe7b55ba740c82f383a65c61b80487.jpg

Nice good to hear!