Check your account email address ×

How you spendin your stimulus dollars

9 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

none, me and most of my fam don't qualify for it, hit above the max income #'s 

Same.  I don't get it, don't want it.  Send it to someone who is truly out of work and struggling.  Too much of this is just going to people who spend it on stuff they don't need.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

75k for singles

150k for couples

if I remember correctly. 

Our income is under 150k in retirement.

it pahses out after that,  this time to like 180 for a family down from 190 something.  I'll get some not all

36 minutes ago, Snake said:

I had to pay $800 to upgrade from the small trailer to the new one. :pc:

prob spending mine on a trailer for the maverick.  won't fit on my current utility trailer.  hope to get 500 for my old one and spend about 2k on the new one

Edited by Angry ginger

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Angry ginger said:

it pahses out after that,  this time to like 180 for a family down from 190 something.  I'll get some not all

prob spending mine on a trailer for the maverick.  won't fit on my current utility trailer

Did you buy the wheeler? You are going to like it. A riding bud has one and says it rocks.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Did you buy the wheeler? You are going to like it. A riding bud has one and says it rocks.

headed up tomorrow,  had to rent a uhaul trailer.    I have friends that go about every weekend,  lots of times in southern maine and the gates are a true 60 in some places there so this should be perfect.  100hp,  has power steering and 600 miles on it.  . 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not getting one. Should only be going to those who have lost income this year due to shutdowns anyways. 

i actually agree with that,  i doubled my income in 2020 there is zero reason there is not a means test.   Give the money out but recapture it from those who did not suffer a real loss would have been the right way to deal with it.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

headed up tomorrow,  had to rent a uhaul trailer.    I have friends that go about every weekend,  lots of times in southern maine and the gates are a true 60 in some places there so this should be perfect.  100hp,  has power steering and 600 miles on it.  . 

Ya should have said something. I have an empty landscape trailer sitting here.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Ya should have said something. I have an empty landscape trailer sitting here.

it's 35 for a uhaul and they are up the road so it was easy.  i went and measure my trailer and it's 58" with the sides off and I said for a 200 mile ride thats not going to work,  if it was local id have just run it.   

Thinking about a new oven, mine is 12-ish years old. Starting to take a while to boil water and both ovens are off by 25*..I love cooking so I figured it's about time

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Thinking about a new oven, mine is 12-ish years old. Starting to take a while to boil water and both ovens are off by 25*..I love cooking so I figured it's about time

When I remodeled my kitchen I went with a Bertazoni. Thing has absoluty no electronis on it. Power out, light it with a match. Has been flawless.

MAST365GASXE Bertazzoni 36" Master Series Free Standing 5 Burner All Gas Range with Counter Deep Main Top and Extra Large High Power Infrared Boiler - Stainless Steel (us-appliance.com)

50 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

prob spending mine on a trailer for the maverick.  won't fit on my current utility trailer.  hope to get 500 for my old one and spend about 2k on the new one

This worked... well actually. Just never felt comfortable. I prefer a little overkill if I have to err at all...

20200603_152846.thumb.jpg.658803148e7dcfb77dbfbd57932f6f3a.jpg

42 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

We never encountered a gate we couldn't get through, but this was real Maine, not Southern Maine. Thing is 64"...