Check your account email address ×

Gapes and Wails

Rod

Went right through the gape and wail machine this winter. Rebuilt the skid, new chain case chain, replaced the wore round 1” full block junk track with a 1.75” cut down to 1.5, new drive axle bearings tbh

everyone is pretty Jealouse but if you have to ask you can’t afford it 

just got back in from laying some gapes tonight tbh. She just friggin wails with the new track and geared down a bit 

ACED3FB7-F483-4ED5-8D25-F478DA7D3DF6.jpeg

FA9460D2-F986-4A2B-9270-230904581EA8.png

4468F708-519B-46E5-9C20-50D27F00F9A7.jpeg

1F13292C-CB07-48B9-AFAD-92A7BB4F3B00.jpeg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Nice series collection.

Wish I didn’t sell my FIII

you gotta be kidding.  My back hurts just looking at those piles of fuck.  I had one back in the day, no thanks.  Fast, sure, but i like stuff that can go around corners and absorb bumps!

Rod can afford the good stuff and has newer sleds, not sure why he likes these old Doos.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

you gotta be kidding.  My back hurts just looking at those piles of fuck.  I had one back in the day, no thanks.  Fast, sure, but i like stuff that can go around corners and absorb bumps!

Rod can afford the good stuff and has newer sleds, not sure why he likes these old Doos.....

For the sound only 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

About the only sled I’ve found that can keep up to the Mack Z 780 in the corners so far is the new car RR 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
49 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Some guys can make that sound with their lips. 

I used to be able to make the sound with my arm pit

Edited by Skidooski

8 hours ago, f7ben said:

For the sound only 

Purple screamer.

Plus the top speed of the 600 was impressive if she had the room and you were willing to keep the throttle to the bar for a while.

It would slowly  creep up on and walk past 700's and most 800's.

The suspension however made them quickly go out of style.

5 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Purple screamer.

Plus the top speed of the 600 was impressive if she had the room and you were willing to keep the throttle to the bar for a while.

It would slowly  creep up on and walk past 700's and most 800's.

The suspension however made them quickly go out of style.

Zrt 600 could be described the same. 

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Zrt 600 could be described the same. 

I put 6k on a zrt 600 back in the 90’s. My first new sled.  Had that thing dialed in real nice. After I got a new sled I kept it around a few more years just to run at home on the lake. I just didn’t want to part with it.

32 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I put 6k on a zrt 600 back in the 90’s. My first new sled.  Had that thing dialed in real nice. After I got a new sled I kept it around a few more years just to run at home on the lake. I just didn’t want to part with it.

I miss the top speed of the old sleds.  My SRX and Apex GT had more top end than my Cat turbo did, although in fairness my cat was a XF1100 141".

i still have a purple DSA bar hanging on the wall for one of them things,, should you push through a corner wit a new tall track and all.   

oh never mind,  your above that do not pass line in the snow..  it would likely cost more than the sled did new to get it there. 

Edited by old indy

• Platinum Contributing Member
42 minutes ago, ACE said:

It’s unreal what old triples are selling for now around here.   Premium units are bringing $$$$ if you can even get them 

I’ve been fighting the idea of selling my 151 Mach Z. Now is a great time to sell but tough to get rid of it

7 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

My 97 ran like a raped ape after I spent a bunch of money on clutching, reeds, etc, etc,

but yeah, out of the box.................WTF?

jump.jpg

They were a parts bin special that was tossed together in a hurry to compete with the F3 and ZRT.