Gapes and Wails

Rod

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Yeah the track angles are nuts and also agree that I don’t need 27” of travel. I don’t even bottom out the c7 on my Mach z on the trails. 

The crossover sleds have much better attack angles and are better sleds in every single scenario aside from the tightest goat paths 

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

Had that same sled. Took a while to get dialed in but it'd haul ass if you would stay on it. Saw 112 GPS verified on that sled on Winnebago in 2000. Was a rotten sled to ride in the twisties though. That power surge at 6500 RPM when it came into the pipes sucked to clutch around. That sled with VES would have been epic. It was a brick shit house. 

The V Force reeds helped a lot with the "light switch" throttle and yeah, really shitty rough twisty trail sled but I think most of the trip-trip sleds were.

4 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

The V Force reeds helped a lot with the "light switch" throttle and yeah, really shitty rough twisty trail sled but I think most of the trip-trip sleds were.

Supposedly v force deltas make a noticeable improvement in the 780/809. Finally found a used set 

1 minute ago, Tinker said:

I look at Pantera 1000 triple triples every season. Be funny as fuck smokin guys with a backrest on 

My buddy just bought an absolute mint one that needs a crank. They’re cool

3 hours ago, ACE said:

Nope they consistently made as much or more power than the competition per CC

Making HP but needed a clutch to get it to the track. Just think how much faster Ski doo would have been if they had a decent clutch set-up. Shredding belts and cutting Kevlar cord out of the clutches. 

20201224_155747.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Making HP but needed a clutch to get it to the track. Just think how much faster Ski doo would have been if they had a decent clutch set-up. Shredding belts and cutting Kevlar cord out of the clutches. 

20201224_155747.jpg

I make 240 hp NA with stock cylinders and the TRA gets it done zero issues 

Just now, ACE said:

Just enough to frig around on. Can ride but it’s not great 

Our season is on now. Probably 14” on the ground. We’re going down the river on the 1st. That will be my open to season. Bars and restaurants are shut down so we’ll head down 50 miles and then have a bonfire and cook lunch and slam 375 beers

• Thanks 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Our season is on now. Probably 14” on the ground. We’re going down the river on the 1st. That will be my open to season. Bars and restaurants are shut down so we’ll head down 50 miles and then have a bonfire and cook lunch and slam 375 beers

Friggin lucky. We were supposed to get a foot a couple days ago but we missed it :/ 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Friggin lucky. We were supposed to get a foot a couple days ago but we missed it :/ 

That’s garbage.....but you’ll get a 10 week season no matter what. If ours doesn’t start by Christmas we get 6-7 weeks. We have been done by early March every year consistently now

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That’s garbage.....but you’ll get a 10 week season no matter what. If ours doesn’t start by Christmas we get 6-7 weeks. We have been done by early March every year consistently now

Oh yeah I was riding until almost the end of April last year 

Can't beat the P-85.  Been around for ages and just f'n works... unless you install Heelclickers like @ActionfigureJoe did.  Though that 660 of his did pull like a motherfucker right up until those things turned to shrapnel.  There are chunks of those things sitting somewhere at the bottom of my lake...

9 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Not true at all.

Yes it is 

9 hours ago, ACE said:

It’s an ultra bottom end with smaller jugs, storm pipes and awful carb calibration. The engine itself wasn’t junk but the pipes and carbs were 

Yep and it wasn't just carb calibration off clutching and gearing was awful as well