Check your account email address ×

Gapes and Wails

Rod

3 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Wrong. new front end, new xtra-10 rear, 2nd year engine, aggressive body and chassis.

It’s an ultra bottom end with smaller jugs, storm pipes and awful carb calibration. The engine itself wasn’t junk but the pipes and carbs were 

Just now, awful knawful said:

Cept all doo tripples sucked more.

Nope they consistently made as much or more power than the competition per CC

they did have PTO bearing issues on some because they never drilled the oiling holes like ding dongs 

polaris had piston port junk for years 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Nope they consistently made as much or more power than the competition per CC

they did have PTO bearing issues on some because they never drilled the oiling holes like ding dongs 

polaris had piston port junk for years 

Yes they did. But was rare to see one make 2 seasons without engine issues. 

Piles of shit!

When that 97 xc 700 came out it made the mach z's look like 470s at the local drags.

It was fucking sad.

Just now, awful knawful said:

Yes they did. But was rare to see one make 2 seasons without engine issues. 

Piles of shit!

When that 97 xc 700 came out it made the mach z's look like 470s at the local drags.

It was fucking sad.

Dang so the XC700 was way faster than an XCR800 tbh 

44 minutes ago, ACE said:

Polaris made the consumer triple mainstream but man they made a lot of shitty ones 

A buddy of mine had a 96 XCR 600 and that thing was a pile of fuck and not to mention, the aggressive body style was one of Poo's ugliest if not one of the ugliest ever. I took it for a ride and when I got back I actually lied to him and said, "nice sled" just so I didn't make him feel bad. What I really wanted to say was "geez, what a turd". :lmao: 

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

A buddy of mine had a 96 XCR 600 and that thing was a pile of fuck and not to mention, the aggressive body style was one of Poo's ugliest if not one of the ugliest ever. I took it for a ride and when I got back I actually lied to him and said, "nice sled" just so I didn't make him feel bad. What I really wanted to say was "geez, what a turd". :lmao: 

The aggressive body was awful looking and heavy. Supposedly poo made it wide and full of holes because heat retention  was a lot of the problem with the earlier storms 

Just now, ACE said:

The aggressive body was awful looking and heavy. Supposedly poo made it wide and full of holes because heat retention  was a lot of the problem with the earlier storms 

I used to call Storms........."The Drizzle" 

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I had a '99 XC 700 and that bitch was fast but it wasn't as fast an XCR 800 and I doubt the 98 was either.

Yeah the large twins were light and wouid get moving quick but real world the triples gaped and wailed them after 660’

1 hour ago, Big Crappie said:

My 97 ran like a raped ape after I spent a bunch of money on clutching, reeds, etc, etc,

but yeah, out of the box.................WTF?

jump.jpg

Had that same sled. Took a while to get dialed in but it'd haul ass if you would stay on it. Saw 112 GPS verified on that sled on Winnebago in 2000. Was a rotten sled to ride in the twisties though. That power surge at 6500 RPM when it came into the pipes sucked to clutch around. That sled with VES would have been epic. It was a brick shit house. 

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I miss the top speed of the old sleds.  My SRX and Apex GT had more top end than my Cat turbo did, although in fairness my cat was a XF1100 141".

The procross turbo is garbage. That chassis is slow and inefficient and cats clutching and entire setup was shit. From the TCL to the garbage jack shaft and chain case to the idiotic cooler motor mount. My Z1 is spinning a 144x14x1 hacksaw this year and when I swap in the short track gears I expect it to run into the 130s on snow ....it would run out of gear at 118-120 last year in a short distance 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The procross turbo is garbage. That chassis is slow and inefficient and cats clutching and entire setup was shit. From the TCL to the garbage jack shaft and chain case to the idiotic cooler motor mount. My Z1 is spinning a 144x14x1 hacksaw this year and when I swap in the short track gears I expect it to run into the 130s on snow ....it would run out of gear at 118-120 last year in a short distance 

All new sleds sacrifice efficiency for function. Even the new XP’s have no top end 

Barney sleds are an unsung hero 

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

All new sleds sacrifice efficiency for function. Even the new XP’s have no top end 

Barney sleds are an unsung hero 

I agree for the most part. I was happy to see 107-108 consistently on my 850 gade or my pro-s 800.....neither had much pop above 90 though. I am a fan of lowering these new sleds. I don’t need 27” of travel or to be able to absorb 3’ moguls all day. When you take some ride height out of them the speed comes back and they still perform 100% for trail applications. Cats Thundercat/SRX calibration for example

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I agree for the most part. I was happy to see 107-108 consistently on my 850 gade or my pro-s 800.....neither had much pop above 90 though. I am a fan of lowering these new sleds. I don’t need 27” of travel or to be able to absorb 3’ moguls all day. When you take some ride height out of them the speed comes back and they still perform 100% for trail applications. Cats Thundercat/SRX calibration for example

Yeah the track angles are nuts and also agree that I don’t need 27” of travel. I don’t even bottom out the c7 on my Mach z on the trails.