Check your account email address ×

Post a picture!

Had enough snow left over from last weekends storm so I was able to ride my MX track today. Couldnt go out and ride due to being on-call at work.

(Comparisons between summer and winter)

Screenshot_20240310_200231_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240310_201524_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240310_195243_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240310_201925_Photos.jpg

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Fresh 4-6” everywhere 

475D6019-AB81-4D15-9CA0-0E3E88DE60F1.jpeg

Looks like the trip was well worth it.  Good for you guys :thumbsup:

• Like 4

I can honestly say that's one thing I didn't miss this year, with the lack of snow.  That type of driving SUCKS.  Hopefully you guys are through the worst of it and on your way to clear driving the rest of the way.

6 hours ago, Bontz said:

I can honestly say that's one thing I didn't miss this year, with the lack of snow.  That type of driving SUCKS.  Hopefully you guys are through the worst of it and on your way to clear driving the rest of the way.

It was pretty slick until we got over to I-25 via WY34, but clear sailing after that.  Still gonna be an 18 hour day in the truck, but you know what??!   It was worth it!!

5120548D-EBD0-4804-A856-F36FE922D680.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 8:07 PM, Mag6240 said:

It was pretty slick until we got over to I-25 via WY34, but clear sailing after that.  Still gonna be an 18 hour day in the truck, but you know what??!   It was worth it!!

5120548D-EBD0-4804-A856-F36FE922D680.jpeg

Good you guys had a good time other than the ride home.  Talked to the guys that were at Burgess Junction tonight.  If they went down in elevation the snow level dropped off fast.  If they went up it picked up fast so that's obviously the direction they went.

They had a good time with no issues.  Ride back to Wisconsin was 17 hrs they said.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Doug said:

Good you guys had a good time other than the ride home.  Talked to the guys that were at Burgess Junction tonight.  If they went down in elevation the snow level dropped off fast.  If they went up it picked up fast so that's obviously the direction they went.

They had a good time with no issues.  Ride back to Wisconsin was 17 hrs they said.

Obviously we took our trails sleds with clutching and gear changes, sleds ran awesome for the conditions.  But had we shown up the day we left, there would have been NO WAY we could have ridden them until things were tracked up and groomed.  Renting would have been the only option.

09F1296A-5B6A-4318-83C9-11614CCE4D60.png

• Like 2

Had a generator fail at a site in Island Park over the weekend, got up here today to find someone left a label maker on top of the engine. 

20240318_134658.jpg

20240318_131704.jpg

• Haha 2

Best guess is it was pugged in then when it shorted out it caused the breaker that controls the block heater and battery charger to trip.

Happy accidents that got me out of the shop today.

20240318_134301.jpg

Our tow out of the mountains after the Widow Maker claimed it’s victim… a Doo hooked to a Poo hooked to a Yami - yeah, that Yami is covered in snow after 20 miles (still had 20 to go).

556F5080-719E-4589-A987-1529061C1ACE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

Our tow out of the mountains after the Widow Maker claimed it’s victim… a Doo hooked to a Poo hooked to a Yami - yeah, that Yami is covered in snow after 20 miles (still had 20 to go).

556F5080-719E-4589-A987-1529061C1ACE.jpeg

Snowmobile Memes added a new photo. - Snowmobile Memes

Snowmobiling Humor

@Mag6240 - the Yamaha guy is supposed to be chirping, claiming those are special tow ropes that are designed to be push ropes.  The Yamaha is pushing both of those sleds, not getting towed!!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bontz said:

@Mag6240 - the Yamaha guy is supposed to be chirping, claiming those are special tow ropes that are designed to be push ropes.  The Yamaha is pushing both of those sleds, not getting towed!!

We were letting any chirping happen while he was on the “ride of shame” being towed back… 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Bontz said:

I'm more curious what brand the tow rope is due to strength...

• Haha 2