Check your account email address ×

Post a picture!

no picture, but we're basically shut down in Marathon County.  looking at the long term forecast I think we're f@cked locally for the season :(

https://www.co.marathon.wi.us/Departments/ParksRecreationForestry/Recreation/Snowmobiling.aspx

https://www.travelwisconsin.com/snowreport/snowmobile

On 2/11/2023 at 8:59 PM, Bontz said:

A few pics from yesterday & today. Overall, despite the temps today, it wasn’t terrible. We had a few sections that sucked but it was way better than I expected. The worst of it was a logging section just north of Outing. 

73F18173-4B3A-431F-A32F-82D0FDBAFC14.jpeg

07CB7087-3558-48D5-ACFA-4D0B2C1C203A.jpeg

4FBBCC9D-FD90-4A9F-B95A-7DEDAA5286DA.jpeg

CE1677AB-2873-49FF-9BE9-60596E46C103.jpeg

0BD9E27F-BE77-490B-8C13-494495866738.jpeg

The 2nd pic is pretty cool, if up look at it upside down it looks like a lake or a stream with the clouds and blue sky...... I like looking at pics from different points of view........... :lolz:

Good luck trying to look at it with your phone every time you turn the phone the pic turns........... :lolz:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

@Doug - that freaking infuriates me :wall:  Absolute morons

I generally try to stay away from trails that allow UTV's on snowmobile trails if possible.  There's a county to the East of us that let them on SOME trails but not all of the trails.  Yet you see UTV's on all of their trails. What makes no sense is implementing a maximum temperature that they can use UTV's on the trails.  The county over has a maximum temperature of 28 deg that UTV's can use the trail.  Take last week when in the morning it can be below 28 but by noon mid 30's.  How many UTV'S are going to park them and send someone to get a trailer.  None

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Doug said:

I generally try to stay away from trails that allow UTV's on snowmobile trails if possible.  There's a county to the East of us that let them on SOME trails but not all of the trails.  Yet you see UTV's on all of their trails. What makes no sense is implementing a maximum temperature that they can use UTV's on the trails.  The county over has a maximum temperature of 28 deg that UTV's can use the trail.  Take last week when in the morning it can be below 28 but by noon mid 30's.  How many UTV'S are going to park them and send someone to get a trailer.  None

absolutely infuriating...

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I don't know why Wisconsin allows that all.

Exactly - the clubs in MN are fighting this in cooperation with the State tooth and nail, NO ATV’s on snowmobile trails AT ALL!!!  So far our influencers at the state are holding the line, and tightly…

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, X2700 said:

They have all summer!!

give us three months!!!

Exactly. At one point here the one county was trying to get the Soo Line to be open to ATV traffic as long as we weren't actively grooming. Talk about dumb, early season there may be a little base started but we wouldn't be grooming. Just what you want to have, them out riding using their own judgement if we are grooming or not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doug said:

Dam you guys.  Currently raining in our main riding area

I hate to say it, but I think in our local area we're almost to the point of starting over ... and we had a helluva good base from prior rainfalls and then freezing up.  I hope the northwoods can make it through this crap, and pick up a few more inches with some colder temps next week.

7 minutes ago, Doug said:

Dam you guys.  Currently raining in our main riding area

My pic was from Thursday. I ducked out of work and rode because of the forecast. We have gotten some rain here but I think the trails will still have snow. Just might be rock hard for awhile. 

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

I hate to say it, but I think in our local area we're almost to the point of starting over ... and we had a helluva good base from prior rainfalls and then freezing up.  I hope the northwoods can make it through this crap, and pick up a few more inches with some colder temps next week.

I feel bad for you guys down that way.

49 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

My pic was from Thursday. I ducked out of work and rode because of the forecast. We have gotten some rain here but I think the trails will still have snow. Just might be rock hard for awhile. 

I feel bad for you guys down that way.

What is your trail pass situation in Minnesota.  I could look it up but I'm to depressed.