Check your account email address ×

Millions of Americans Expect to Lose Their Homes as Covid Rages

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

As I told a coworker when we discussed her buying a house that she closed on last week.  Right now any buy has to be considered a lifestyle buy because the easy money in RE value gains is gone.  She made more on what she's selling and in exchange paid more for what shes buying.  With 10+ years left before her kids will be gone it is IMO not a bad thing to do.  Anyone buying a house for a short period of time right now is foolish.  If i could convince the wife to sell I'd rent and wait to buy 2 houses when the market dips. 

Prices are stupidly high here now. I'd love to sell. But I'd hate to buy. 

I'm not the kind that gets antsy to get something new. No problems staying in 1 spot for long time. But kids are young. Easier to just not sell.

Wife wants out though. She wanted to move to Wyoming. I actually vetoed that. And I go out west 3-4 times a winter to ride.... 

Just now, Legend said:

I'm not the kind that gets antsy to get something new. No problems staying in 1 spot for long time. But kids are young. Easier to just not sell.

Wife wants out though. She wanted to move to Wyoming. I actually vetoed that. And I go out west 3-4 times a winter to ride.... 

I would love to sell my home right now and move to the cottage, but I have a wife. :lmao:

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I would love to sell my home right now and move to the cottage, but I have a wife. :lmao:

Sell the house and buy her a cottage in a couple years. You could get hers a town, or a county away....haha

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Legend said:

We are crazy hot in my area.  The hole dug for the foundation brings a bidding war.

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Who cares if millions lose there homes and businesses!!!!

THE DOWN IS AT 30k!!!!

Hey, it,s amazing how many people cann,t manage money, and live paycheck, to paycheck. I just shake my head.

Why should anyone care for those that don,t have a clue, or choose not to manage their money wisely. The time to start preparing for the tough times, is when the very first paycheck comes along. If you don,t get good habits established at the very beginning, it ain,t going to happen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey, it,s amazing how many people cann,t manage money, and live paycheck, to paycheck. I just shake my head.

Why should anyone care for those that don,t have a clue, or choose not to manage their money wisely. The time to start preparing for the tough times, is when the very first paycheck comes along. If you don,t get good habits established at the very beginning, it ain,t going to happen. 

This pandemic bullshit is way past a rainy day fund

21 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

West.  Boise area.  Prolly one of the hottest market in the US and has been for a few years.  Booming

One of my childhood friends has been building log homes in Idaho for a few years now. Got remarried and became a born again christian (hopefully not a mormon). He seems to be doing well and happy.

• Gold Member
Just now, Anler said:

One of my childhood friends has been building log homes in Idaho for a few years now. Got remarried and became a born again christian (hopefully not a mormon). He seems to be doing well and happy.

Likely Mormon...  

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

There is an easy way to fix most of this....just tack the mortgage payments missed due to the lock down onto the end of of their term.

Probably a version of that will happen but people who lost their jobs and businesses will be harder to bounce back. 

3 hours ago, bladefever said:

So it's late in the fourth quarter. My ( R ) teams down by 6 million points give or take. 42 seconds on the clock. Do I take a knee or keep fighting? Asking for my friend Donald J Trump.

Look at how many friends you have that think a 80 year old 47+ year politician is going to save us all.  LOL

31 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

My wife wants to sell yesterday and move to the cabin asap. Working on the details.

It appears you have a great woman, my wife is in board with it also, just not right now. I'm trying to guilt shame her and giving her the old "snooze you lose" treatment. :lmao:

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Look at how many friends you have that think a 80 year old 47+ year politician is going to save us all.  LOL

Competence and empathy will be welcomed by many.  An administration filled with fellow employees vs adversaries.  Your rhetoric only confirms your complete stupidity and right wing cult mentality.  You’re a sheep.  And a dumb one at that. 

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

It appears you have a great woman, my wife is in board with it also, just not right now. I'm trying to guilt shame her and giving her the old "snooze you lose" treatment. :lmao:

She's awesome. The cabin is our happy place and she's a country girl.

I do have a fairly long list of improvements I need to do at he cabin though. LOL

Know any good plumbers in the Brainerd, MN area that work cheap?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

She's awesome. The cabin is our happy place and she's a country girl.

I do have a fairly long list of improvements I need to do at he cabin though. LOL

Know any good plumbers in the Brainerd, MN area that work cheap?

Your place looks great...Would be a great place to live.👍🏼🇺🇸

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Whereabouts is your place Chad? 

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

West.  Boise area.  Prolly one of the hottest market in the US and has been for a few years.  Booming

Never been there. Wife wants to explore ID next summer. Only been to Tetons and over to Rexburg.