Check your account email address ×

Millions of Americans Expect to Lose Their Homes as Covid Rages

• Platinum Contributing Member

"They should have gotten essential jobs" if they wanted to keep their houses and anyway "we have not suffered enough yet from covid"

:news:

Edited by Rigid1

14 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

She's awesome. The cabin is our happy place and she's a country girl.

I do have a fairly long list of improvements I need to do at he cabin though. LOL

Know any good plumbers in the Brainerd, MN area that work cheap?

:lol:

Amazon.com: Skilled Plumbers aren't Cheap Plumbing T-Shirthirt - Men's  Premium T-Shirt: Clothing

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Whereabouts is your place Chad? 

Mountain, WI 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, Legend said:

Never been there. Wife wants to explore ID next summer. Only been to Tetons and over to Rexburg. 

My home value has almost doubled over 3 years and 9 months.  I wouldn’t  move to where I did now cause our prices are pretty much California prices.  Like I said when a builder starts digging foundations or a new development breaks ground with 1/4 acre lots it is a feeding frenzy and a bidding war.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewdepietro/2020/10/26/the-hottest-housing-markets-right-now-in-2020/?sh=43ff6a52347c

Edited by BOHICA

1 minute ago, Legend said:

Was just up there this summer. Lots of "backwoods, do whatever the fuck you want" bars up there. lol

I'm not a bar fly but you're right, the locals and the flat landers show their true colors in the taverns up there. :lmao:

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

My home value has almost doubled over 3 years and 9 months.  I would move to where I did now cause our prices are pretty much California prices.  Like I said when a builder starts digging foundations or a new development breaks ground with 1/4 acre lots it is a feeding frenzy and a bidding war.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewdepietro/2020/10/26/the-hottest-housing-markets-right-now-in-2020/?sh=43ff6a52347c

Yeah we took a trip and looked at some places in Sheridan WY 1.5 years ago. She got offered a job. 

Shit, to be comparable to what we have here, it would be at least double the price. But her pay wasn't doubling. Granted its at the base of the Bighorn Mtns, but it sure as fuck wasn't Jackson Hole. 

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

I'm not a bar fly but you're right, the locals and the flat landers show their true colors in the taverns up there. :lmao:

We went with a group up. Rented a house, got away from kids for weekend. 

I like run down "hole in the wall" places, but most of the places we went were some damn sketchy shit. I wouldn't drink out of any glasses up there....

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Legend said:

Yeah we took a trip and looked at some places in Sheridan WY 1.5 years ago. She got offered a job. 

Shit, to be comparable to what we have here, it would be at least double the price. But her pay wasn't doubling. Granted its at the base of the Bighorn Mtns, but it sure as fuck wasn't Jackson Hole. 

Not much of anything is a bargain anymore out west unless you want to be out a couple hours from civilization amongst the tumble weeds and sage brush.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey, it,s amazing how many people cann,t manage money, and live paycheck, to paycheck. I just shake my head.

Why should anyone care for those that don,t have a clue, or choose not to manage their money wisely. The time to start preparing for the tough times, is when the very first paycheck comes along. If you don,t get good habits established at the very beginning, it ain,t going to happen. 

You mean like putting at least 10% of your income in a 401k plan?  I look at Ben and his fatalistic world view and just smh.

41 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Look at how many friends you have that think a 80 year old 47+ year politician is going to save us all.  LOL

No one in my house think that.  :bc: 

18 minutes ago, Legend said:

Never been there. Wife wants to explore ID next summer. Only been to Tetons and over to Rexburg. 

Lovvvvve the Tetons.  I’d retire out there no problem if it wasn’t so far from family here out east.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Not much of anything is a bargain anymore out west unless you want to be out a couple hours from civilization amongst the tumble weeds and sage brush.

Friend of mine bought a piece of land in Idaho, just over the pass from Jackson Hole, was actually quite reasonable.   :bc: 

9 minutes ago, Legend said:

We went with a group up. Rented a house, got away from kids for weekend. 

I like run down "hole in the wall" places, but most of the places we went were some damn sketchy shit. I wouldn't drink out of any glasses up there....

My dad used to say that for years in regards to the establishments up north........"bottles and cans only". :lol:If you ever get a chance and want a nice place to dine, try Maiden Lake Supper Club, we go their regularly and we really like it there.

Edited by snoughnut

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

You mean like putting at least 10% of your income in a 401k plan?  I look at Ben and his fatalistic world view and just smh.

No one in my house think that.  :bc: 

Lovvvvve the Tetons.  I’d retire out there no problem if it wasn’t so far from family here out east.

The "plan" as of now, is to become RV nomads when she retires. Mtns in summer, SW desert in winter. Maybe have a small place for a home base somewhere.  Got 20 years min for that though. 

Hopefully we've been putting enough away. Been putting about 12% away for last 15 years....

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Friend of mine bought a piece of land in Idaho, just over the pass from Jackson Hole, was actually quite reasonable.   :bc: 

The Idaho side of Jackson hole is absolutely stunning.  I could live there 

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

My dad used to say that for years in regards to the establishments up north........"bottles and cans only". :lol:If you ever get a chance and want a nice place to dine, try Maiden Lake Supper Club, we go their regularly and we really like it there.

Been to Maiden Lake twice. Once was on that trip. Fantastic food. Had a great Filet Mignon. Or maybe it was a Ribeye...Well the Old Fashioned's were really good too..lol

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

My home value has almost doubled over 3 years and 9 months.  I wouldn’t  move to where I did now cause our prices are pretty much California prices.  Like I said when a builder starts digging foundations or a new development breaks ground with 1/4 acre lots it is a feeding frenzy and a bidding war.

i would guess a lot of whats driving that is people escaping Cali.

I've always lived in a hot RE market.   nothing here that's decent sells for under list and goes in days.  Has to be a real toilet to sit around.  

• Gold Member
32 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Victor/Driggs not bad.  Winters would suck though IMO.  I don’t mind going to snow but after living in it most of my life it’s not something I would want...  especially in retirement unless I was like those that live in Jackson hole....  fly out to one of your other homes that doesn’t have snow when you get sick of the snow, cold and blowing after a few days

27 minutes ago, Legend said:

Been to Maiden Lake twice. Once was on that trip. Fantastic food. Had a great Filet Mignon. Or maybe it was a Ribeye...Well the Old Fashioned's were really good too..lol

Tell me about it, sometimes in the summer when we go there at prime time on Saturday evening the wait can be 1 - 2 hours. By the time we sit down to eat, I'm bombed. :lol:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Legend said:

The "plan" as of now, is to become RV nomads when she retires. Mtns in summer, SW desert in winter. Maybe have a small place for a home base somewhere.  Got 20 years min for that though. 

Hopefully we've been putting enough away. Been putting about 12% away for last 15 years....

Sounds like you should be on a good track.  Pick good growth and income funds and let it ride.  If the market goes south now you’re buying it for cheap.  You have to take a long term view with things, as it has to last you the rest of your life.  My wife should be retiring about 5 years after me if we go to plan, then we want todo the motor home life for a while too.  Tom has a great gig going spending winters in AZ.

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

Competence and empathy will be welcomed by many.  An administration filled with fellow employees vs adversaries.  Your rhetoric only confirms your complete stupidity and right wing cult mentality.  You’re a sheep.  And a dumb one at that. 

LOL, I am a sheep, yeah says the salesman who voted for the politician. 

• Gold Member

@DriftBusta

what do you think about HELOC’s ?

I have 1 coworker doing it one as a piggy bank for if the real estate market plummets.  Got me thinking and researching it and thinking about going to the credit union...  1 I can sit on for at least 5 years and use if the real estate market plummets

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey, it,s amazing how many people cann,t manage money, and live paycheck, to paycheck. I just shake my head.

Why should anyone care for those that don,t have a clue, or choose not to manage their money wisely. The time to start preparing for the tough times, is when the very first paycheck comes along. If you don,t get good habits established at the very beginning, it ain,t going to happen. 

You know how many people have lost their jobs you brain dead faggot ass piece of shit?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Legend said:

We bought a used coach and just starting to put stuff in the drawers . 

FB_IMG_1606223554630.jpg