Check your account email address ×

Millions of Americans Expect to Lose Their Homes as Covid Rages

30 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

@DriftBusta

what do you think about HELOC’s ?

I have 1 coworker doing it one as a piggy bank for if the real estate market plummets.  Got me thinking and researching it and thinking about going to the credit union...  1 I can sit on for at least 5 years and use if the real estate market plummets

it is something everyone with significant equity should have even if it's just for a rainy day.  CU should do it with little fees and no annual maint fee.  I just renewed mine.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

My helper has a second home in that area. Goes up quite often. Lives in Salisbury, but likes the family place up there. Has12 acres. 

Wife just retired also, don't know if they will move up permanently, but I know he really likes it up there, and probably would. 

Me personally................have been obsessed with Winni, since 1987. Don't know if or when that will ever play out. I know, 33 years, but there were mitigating circumstances. 

Broads on the broads

Edited by Shifty

7 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I wanted Monroe. Cheap taxes because eversource has 2 dams there. But wife wants to be within 45 min of Louden . Ill prolly end up in Gilmanton Iron works.

Monroe is cool. Not much there. But 15 minutes to Littleton. Corridor 103 is one of my favorite trails. Plus anything south of the notch is just northern mass 

Edited by Shifty

56 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You know how many people have lost their jobs you brain dead faggot ass piece of shit?

Good decisions, and good choices. A few good ones can get you on easy street, a few bad ones, get you on the path to tough times, forever.

A lot of to-days kids don,t know what hard times are. I guess they are about to find out. You cann,t constantly spend, more than you make, and commit to payments 7-8 years out for a vehicle and other toys you don,t need, with zero down, but buy it to impress your friends. When the job disappears, and you have zero cash in the bank, you start loosing everything you make payments on. House, car, truck, 4 wheeler, sled, boat, trailer, all start to disappear, one by one. There are going to be some great deals out there for the smart folks that put themselves in the right financial position, by making sacrifices in the beginning, once we are a bit farther down the road.

14 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Good decisions, and good choices. A few good ones can get you on easy street, a few bad ones, get you on the path to tough times, forever.

A lot of to-days kids don,t know what hard times are. I guess they are about to find out. You cann,t constantly spend, more than you make, and commit to payments 7-8 years out for a vehicle and other toys you don,t need, with zero down, but buy it to impress your friends. When the job disappears, and you have zero cash in the bank, you start loosing everything you make payments on. House, car, truck, 4 wheeler, sled, boat, trailer, all start to disappear, one by one. There are going to be some great deals out there for the smart folks that put themselves in the right financial position, by making sacrifices in the beginning, once we are a bit farther down the road.

Then who would buy 60,000 dollar trucks and 15,000 dollar sleds and all the other bullshit that drives our economy? You can’t pull the rug out from under people and then simply say tough  shit. Sure people make bad decisions but there is more to it than that.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

13 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Life is short enough even shorter for some u can enjoy shit more when ur younger and get good use out of it lots of old fucks have all the toys and no friends to enjoy them with fuck that live for today

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Then who would buy 60,000 dollar trucks and 15,000 dollar sleds and all the other bullshit that droves our economy? You can’t pull the rug out from under people and then simply say thought shit. Sure people make bad decisions but there is more to it than that.

Why not?  It's called personal responsibility.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Monroe is cool. Not much there. But 15 minutes to Littleton. Corridor 103 is one of my favorite trails. Plus anything south of the notch is just northern mass 

I like not much there but 15 min to everything I need.

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You’re right...people should have foreseen losing their job maybe permanently because of a virus and planned accordingly. The economy is consumer spending and debt driven...without that it sputters.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Is that what you thought when you were sucking off the government tit collecting food stamps and unemployment like you admitted to....:snack:  

13 minutes ago, racer254 said:

While I technically agree we all know the government is going to intervene.  It's why we have eviction and foreclosure moratoriums in place now.  Many people are a paycheck away from losing it all which is a failure of our education and banking system.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Is that what you thought when you were sucking off the government tit collecting food stamps and unemployment like you admitted to....:snack:  

Why do you hate all people on food stamps and unemployment?

Just now, racer254 said:

Why do you hate all people on food stamps and unemployment?

I don’t.....just hypocrites like you who bilked the system and now chastise it.  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

I don’t.....just hypocrites like you who bilked the system and now chastise it.  :thumbsup:

Well, should be easy for you to let everyone in on this secret.  I am sure you should be able to find where I said it.

You should really think about giving a little back.  Funny how many who vote dem on this site brag about how "set" they are.

Food stamps and unemployment are some of the best programs this country offers even with the fraud.  We should help the citizens when bad things happen unexpectedly,  we should not create a lifestyle for them.

IMO if the government does not want evictions and foreclosures supplement the UI system like they did but don't do that as well as allowing people not pay their rent and mortgage.  Plenty of people stopped making mortgage payments and paying rent earlier this year while pocketing more than they made prior to Covid.  

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

paid for house is really not a great financial decision but most can't manage their money to take advantage of the leverage and live paycheck to paycheck so they would be better served by having it paid off.  

I just like not having to send in a check for my personal residence . I refinance the rentals when appropriate.  But now looking at working on getting those paid way down . I am planning on the rent as a big chunk semi retirement.  Guess with rentals you are never fully retired