Check your account email address ×

NYTimes has gotten ahold of Trump's tax returns.

Mainecat

Breaking: NYTimes has gotten ahold of Trump's tax returns. 

And they're as bad as we thought. 

No wonder he's been fighting so hard 

Trump’s Taxes Show Chronic Losses and Years of Income Tax Avoidance https://nyti.ms/3jmgeBf 

Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750. 

He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made. 

As the president wages a re-election campaign that polls say he is in danger of losing, his finances are under stress, beset by losses and hundreds of millions of dollars in debt coming due that he has personally guaranteed. Also hanging over him is a decade-long audit battle with the Internal Revenue Service over the legitimacy of a $72.9 million tax refund that he claimed, and received, after declaring huge losses. An adverse ruling could cost him more than $100 million. 

The tax returns that Mr. Trump has long fought to keep private tell a story fundamentally different from the one he has sold to the American public. His reports to the I.R.S. portray a businessman who takes in hundreds of millions of dollars a year yet racks up chronic losses that he aggressively employs to avoid paying taxes. Now, with his financial challenges mounting, the records show that he depends more and more on making money from businesses that put him in potential and often direct conflict of interest with his job as president.

i see hundreds of tax returns from RE investors a year for the last almost 30 years  In that time there have been maybe 5% that showed a profit.  The rest use the tax laws to pay as little as possible.  Now I have plenty of issues with that,  I don't think for example a parent should be able to pass rental properties @ death with no taxes paid when they used depreciation to limit the taxes paid during the years the property was in service.   But until that is addressed it is legal to step up the basis of property just like stocks. it's legal to use depreciation to offset income, it's legal to write off all the other expenses etc.  Trumps no where near as successful as he wants top ortray and the cult thinks but he is still the better choice in 20 like he was in 16  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

$72.9 million tax refund!

And you clowns complain about someone you know who’s brother’s sisters aunt who saw a woman buying streaks with a EBT card.

Refund?

so getting his own money back?

• Thanks 1

The biggest part of the story is there is no connection to russia which has been the claim of the left on why he hasn’t shared them

Nor do they reveal any previously unreported connections to Russia.

From 2016

Edited by jtssrx

AG seems to think he can.....  :lol: 

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

So, congress couldn't get the returns legally but somehow the times manages to get them. 

Are people at the times going to be arrested for this? 

I don't hear any of the usual subjects asking that question.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Refund?

so getting his own money back?

:owned:  

58 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

The biggest part of the story is there is no connection to russia which has been the claim of the left on why he hasn’t shared them

Nor do they reveal any previously unreported connections to Russia.

From 2016

oops 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

i see hundreds of tax returns from RE investors a year for the last almost 30 years  In that time there have been maybe 5% that showed a profit.  The rest use the tax laws to pay as little as possible.  Now I have plenty of issues with that,  I don't think for example a parent should be able to pass rental properties @ death with no taxes paid when they used depreciation to limit the taxes paid during the years the property was in service.   But until that is addressed it is legal to step up the basis of property just like stocks. it's legal to use depreciation to offset income, it's legal to write off all the other expenses etc.  Trumps no where near as successful as he wants top ortray and the cult thinks but he is still the better choice in 20 like he was in 16  

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Imagine you think you can judge profit or wealth from a personal tax return 

I know i make Jack shit every yr on my personal returns . He'll i dont even own a personal truck or any property other than my primary residence