Check your account email address ×

Trump to Announce Carrier Plant Will Keep Jobs in U.S.

6 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You also cannot just tax one company. They work around this by just keep their holdings overseas in a place like Ireland and don't pay taxes period. Import through MX or Canada and don't pay tariffs. Big lose lose for the US there.. Sooo, not going to work. Unless you want to tell them they can't sell to the US. Again, legality of doing something like that would be disastrous, and not to mention the public outcry of exponentially rising prices. So you have options. A combination of smear as he did with Carrier and then offer something to save face in terms of subsidies to keep workers here. This shit isn't rocket science. Surprise surprise... He is doing that.

so he was bullshitting with his statements?

Just now, Snoslinger said:

:lmao:

So you don't accept a paycheck.  Well, that makes sense then.  Misery loves company.  But so few want that....don't give up though!  Nobody likes a quitter, well, except Liberals....shit!  I get tit now!  Naaaa....still don't get it.

:lol:

8 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

This is what I read.

"In the end, UTC agreed to retain approximately 800 manufacturing jobs at the Indiana plant that had been slated to move to Mexico, as well as another 300 engineering and headquarters jobs. In return, the company will get roughly $700,000 a year for a period of years in state tax incentives.

Some 1,300 jobs will still go to Mexico, which includes 600 Carrier employees, plus 700 workers from UTEC Controls in Huntington, Ind. The company has plans in place to offer displaced workers employment and relocation in UTC’s aerospace business, or to provide funding for reeducation."

http://fortune.com/2016/11/30/donald-trump-carrier-deal-jobs/

So $630 per job to stay? What does the average work pay in payroll taxes? I wonder if it is more than that........ haha. That sounds like an easy recoup for the govt. Damn. If it is only  $700K, that is a steal. 

They reached a deal to transfer all those who did lose their job to another facility. Could this look like any bigger of a win? 

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

So $630 per job to stay? What does the average work pay in payroll taxes? I wonder if it is more than that........ haha. That sounds like an easy recoup for the govt. Damn. If it is only  $700K, that is a steal. 

They reached a deal to transfer all those who did lose their job to another facility. Could this look like any bigger of a win? 

He's such a fucking idiot!  PERFECT DEMOCRAT!!!!!!!

:lol:

5 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

This is what I read.

"In the end, UTC agreed to retain approximately 800 manufacturing jobs at the Indiana plant that had been slated to move to Mexico, as well as another 300 engineering and headquarters jobs. In return, the company will get roughly $700,000 a year for a period of years in state tax incentives.

Some 1,300 jobs will still go to Mexico, which includes 600 Carrier employees, plus 700 workers from UTEC Controls in Huntington, Ind. The company has plans in place to offer displaced workers employment and relocation in UTC’s aerospace business, or to provide funding for reeducation."

not to mention moves take time, not everybody goes at once. so carrier could very well be getting paid for "stretching" something they had planned anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

doing the math here will be interesting. carrier could get an extra $10M to keep 1000 jobs here, and would have pocketed only $5M had they left. but hey, it looks good as some jobs are saved.

Where do you see that? ICE just posted from Fortune that said $700K a year for 1100 jobs. 800 manufacturing 300 engineering and office. 

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Where do you see that? ICE just posted from Fortune that said $700K a year for 1100 jobs. 800 manufacturing 300 engineering and office. 

obviously i posted that before seeing ice's post. i was just using random numbers for an example.

Edited by Snoslinger

10 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

This is what I read.

utec is not carrier,  same mother company but nit the same.   i fin d it hard to believe 300 engineering jobs would move to mexico. 

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

obviously i posted that before seeing ice's post. i was just using random numbers for an example.

So from $10M that you guessed to $700K in reality. You must be ready to call this a win with that margin huh? Just do it bud. It will feel good to step across the line to the dark side for a few seconds. :wacko:. Say good job Trump! We won't tell. 

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

So from $10M that you guessed to $700K in reality. You must be ready to call this a win with that margin huh? Just do it bud. It will feel good to step across the line to the dark side for a few seconds. :wacko:. Say good job Trump! We won't tell. 

all the details are not known yet. i'll give credit when i think it's due. matter of fact i did so last night with this topic, in another thread. today, however, some details come out.

14 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

all the details are not known yet. i'll give credit when i think it's due. matter of fact i did so last night with this topic, in another thread. today, however, some details come out.

I saw. I was going to give you credit for it, but I didn't want your head to explode. I tend to trust Fortune though. Yes there are some other details most likely though. I have no problem with contracts for Carrier either in govt jobs. As long as they are fair value. 

IMHO all corps bidding on contracts with the fed or state should be fully owned US corps who do the majority of there manufacturing in this country. and any equipment should be at min assembled here . but then I am just a crazy right wing Nationalist racist homophobe white male clinging to my guns

19 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

IMHO all corps bidding on contracts with the fed or state should be fully owned US corps who do the majority of there manufacturing in this country. and any equipment should be at min assembled here . but then I am just a crazy right wing Nationalist racist homophobe white male clinging to my guns

i think all of us would agree to that.

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

What does fully owned mean.  When you are a global company with shares on the NYSX, anyone can purchase them.  Fully owned no longer exists.

10 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

1000 jobs even at $20k a year = $20mil in economic activity. Not to mention the payroll taxes.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Only an idiot could look at it as a negative.  Give Trump credit and if this keeps up . . .

Yeah if Obama did this it would be the other way around.