Check your account email address ×

Trump to Announce Carrier Plant Will Keep Jobs in U.S.

11 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

no it's not. the idea to slap tariffs on corporations that leave was a better idea, one that trump campaigned on. handing out tax breaks is corporate welfare, and the tab will be picked up by the taxpayers. evidently that's ok though.

You don't impose tariffs on companies you impose them on certain industries from other countries. You impose them on a singular company and there will be a lawsuit so fast even you couldn't jump the gun and speculate on it.... 

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

no it's not. the idea to slap tariffs on corporations that leave was a better idea, one that trump campaigned on. handing out tax breaks is corporate welfare, and the tab will be picked up by the taxpayers. evidently that's ok though.

So what you're saying is corporations getting tax incentives is something new and dirty? 

You also think most corporations don't pay enough taxes? 

Or is just the ultra large corporations government types pal with?

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well that is a harder fight. Only congress can impose taxes and I think he would have a hard time getting Republicans to sign onto that. He did this and isn't even president yet. He saved 2000 jobs for the time being. 

He only saved 1000 actually.  1300 are still leaving.

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

Quick question:

Where are you getting your information on the scope of the conversation? I haven't been paying attention, so if there is a report out, I musta missed it.

various news sources have stated there are state  incentives involved. i assume they are not free donuts and coffee on fridays.

Edited by Snoslinger

9 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

various news sources have stated there are state  incentives involved. i assume they are not free donuts and coffee on fridays.

Well fucking duh. Unless you think you can threaten a company that has freedom to do as they please in this country to stay with force? Are you so dense to think manufacturing jobs are going to come back for free? 

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Well fucking duh. Unless you think you can threaten a company that has freedom to do as they please in this country to stay with force? Are you so dense to think manufacturing jobs are going to come back for free? 

you just got done telling us trump pointing them out during the campaign was the main reason, after you scoffed at MC for saying the same thing i'm saying. christ dude.

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

you just got done telling us trump pointing them out during the campaign was the main reason, after you scoffed at MC for saying the same thing i'm saying. christ dude.

Yeah that brings them to the table. Try to keep up guy... But they are going to take a loss for nothing? Um no. As you say, "Christ dude."

13 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You don't impose tariffs on companies you impose them on certain industries from other countries. You impose them on a singular company and there will be a lawsuit so fast even you couldn't jump the gun and speculate on it.... 

did you vet trump at all? :lmao:

"As reported by The Wall Street Journal, Trump’s plan to tax U.S. corporations that relocated offshore is being hailed by many as a step in the right direction. "

http://investmentwatchblog.com/donald-trump-to-make-offshore-corporations-pay-tax-under-new-plan-that-eliminates-taxes-on-millions-of-working-americans/

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Yeah that brings them to the table. Try to keep up guy... But they are going to take a loss for nothing? Um no. As you say, "Christ dude."

the only thing that brought them to the table were dollar signs. they didn't give a shit if americans "liked" them or not. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

well snake asked :dunno:

so who's going to pay for those incentives? make up the tax revenues needed to maintain things?

Who fucking cares?  Here, let this bake your noodle: I believe all federal corporate taxes should be abolished.  

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Taxpayer funded. 

No doubt. But a lot of good paying jobs will be going to people who will be paying their fair share of taxes. I'm no fan of any politician but you have to give credit when it's due. 

Just now, Snoslinger said:

the only thing that brought them to the table were dollar signs. they didn't give a shit if americans "liked" them or not. :lol:

Oh yes......because operating a welfare company for the "greater good" works so well.  Hey, do you accept a paycheck from somebody?

jesus. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

did you vet trump at all? :lmao:

"As reported by The Wall Street Journal, Trump’s plan to tax U.S. corporations that relocated offshore is being hailed by many as a step in the right direction. "

http://investmentwatchblog.com/donald-trump-to-make-offshore-corporations-pay-tax-under-new-plan-that-eliminates-taxes-on-millions-of-working-americans/

Those are taxes. Do I need to have a class on the differences between taxes and tariffs? Did you read the article you put a link for? And are those tariffs on individual companies? No... Critical thinking, learn it..

8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Of course that plays a factor. 

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Those are taxes. Do I need to have a class on the differences between taxes and tariffs? Did you read the article you put a link for? And are those tariffs on individual companies? No... Critical thinking, learn it..

Of course that plays a factor. 

my bad, i meant taxes.

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

He only saved 1000 actually.  1300 are still leaving.

There is alot of numbers floating around...  i thought they were losing 1400 but now only 400 after trump negiotions

http://www.wthr.com/article/carrier-reaches-agreement-with-employees-its-laying-off

Edited by BOHICA

19 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

well snake asked :dunno:

so who's going to pay for those incentives? make up the tax revenues needed to maintain things?

Don't forget the costs NOT incurred by the loss of 1000 jobs.  

Edited by Im4snow

22 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Just want to be clear. 

You're saying Trump forced the state of  Indiana into giving carrier tax incentives?

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

my bad, i meant taxes.

You also cannot just tax one company. They work around this by just keep their holdings overseas in a place like Ireland and don't pay taxes period. Import through MX or Canada and don't pay tariffs. Big lose lose for the US there.. Sooo, not going to work. Unless you want to tell them they can't sell to the US. Again, legality of doing something like that would be disastrous, and not to mention the public outcry of exponentially rising prices. So you have options. A combination of smear as he did with Carrier and then offer something to save face in terms of subsidies to keep workers here. This shit isn't rocket science. Surprise surprise... He is doing that.

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

There is alot of numbers floating around...  i thought they were losing 1400 but now only 400 after trump negiotions

http://www.wthr.com/article/carrier-reaches-agreement-with-employees-its-laying-off

This is what I read.

"In the end, UTC agreed to retain approximately 800 manufacturing jobs at the Indiana plant that had been slated to move to Mexico, as well as another 300 engineering and headquarters jobs. In return, the company will get roughly $700,000 a year for a period of years in state tax incentives.

Some 1,300 jobs will still go to Mexico, which includes 600 Carrier employees, plus 700 workers from UTEC Controls in Huntington, Ind. The company has plans in place to offer displaced workers employment and relocation in UTC’s aerospace business, or to provide funding for reeducation."

http://fortune.com/2016/11/30/donald-trump-carrier-deal-jobs/